Johny Hendricks clarifies recent statement about GSP

Jake Ellenberger is not more dangerous than GSP. Jake is more powerful, that is it. I don't really understand why Johny is saying this.

Jake Ellenberger is not more dangerous than GSP. Jake is more powerful, that is it. I don't really understand why Johny is saying this.

What makes GSP dangerous? At the moment GSp can't even finish a cheeseburger with a bite in it.

What makes GSP dangerous? At the moment GSp can't even finish a cheeseburger with a bite in it.

gsp could be more dangerous.

he's just too fearful of losing, so he takes no risks.

You're joking, right?

GSP would outclass both those clowns any day of the week, with zero notice, even if he didn't get a finish (just like he does against everyone else).

I get that people are getting tired of watching GSP GnP or box for 5 rounds, but to say ellenberger is a tougher fight than the 2 time WW champion, with 7 consecutive defenses (right after Hendricks he moaned and cried about not getting his title shot none-the-less) is nothing more than a terrible attempt at selling his fight.

I was really liking Hendricks while he was KOing fools left/right/centre, until his obnoxious GSP obsession/hatred began. Don't worry Hendricks, take your spot in the line of WW fighters to be outclassed by GSP. Your day will come.

GSP is one of the most well rounded fighters in the game. He could out-wrestle Johny, out-strike Johny, and out-grapple Johny without a doubt. Ellenberger doens't present the same problems. Not to take away from Jake, becasue I think he is an awesome fighter and would kick Kampmann's ass in a rematch. This fight was the fight that should have happened instead of Johny vs. Kampmann, it just took an extra 6 months to happen.

What makes GSP dangerous?

uhh, he could beat your ass on the feeet, or take ANYONE down and beat em, most well rounded fighter in the game today. wtf u talkin bout homie

<---------------------

What if Johny loses a controversial decision to Ellen Berger? Are they gonna give GSP another guy who's coming off a loss or give Ellen Berger GSP on a two fight win streak?

What if Johny loses a controversial decision to Ellen Berger? Are they gonna give GSP another guy who's coming off a loss or give Ellen Berger GSP on a two fight win streak?

im thinking gsp moves up after he fights Diaz

Rory vs Nick vacant title

my opinion

shouldnt say rory, rory vs condit winner

You're joking, right?

GSP would outclass both those clowns any day of the week, with zero notice, even if he didn't get a finish (just like he does against everyone else).

I get that people are getting tired of watching GSP GnP or box for 5 rounds, but to say ellenberger is a tougher fight than the 2 time WW champion, with 7 consecutive defenses (right after Hendricks he moaned and cried about not getting his title shot none-the-less) is nothing more than a terrible attempt at selling his fight.

I was really liking Hendricks while he was KOing fools left/right/centre, until his obnoxious GSP obsession/hatred began. Don't worry Hendricks, take your spot in the line of WW fighters to be outclassed by GSP. Your day will come.

People love to hate. That is pretty much it.

If Hendricks loses to Ellenberger (controversial decision or not) then he never belonged in the ring with GSP in the first place. Part of me was really liking Hendricks, while the cynic in me thinks Hendricks was trying to talk his way into a title shot off a few impressive flash KOs. If he's so confident he shouldn't be concerned with a fight against Ellenberger.

This whole thing with him complaining about being passed up for a title shot, and now saying Ellenberger is the more dangerous fight just reeks of a whiny teenager attitude. It's completely turned me away from him as a fan.

You're joking, right?

Pretty much this.

I like Hendricks as a fighter, he's knocking out fools left and right, but his shit is beginning to turn me off. I understand he is pissed about being leapfrogged by Diaz, but he needs to get over it and focus on other things.

Pretty much this.

I like Hendricks as a fighter, he's knocking out fools left and right, but his shit is beginning to turn me off. I understand he is pissed about being leapfrogged by Diaz, but he needs to get over it and focus on other things.

He took another fight, on the same card as the Diaz fight, with a very dangerous, underrated opponent. I would say the "whining" stopped awhile ago.

If Hendricks loses to Ellenberger (controversial decision or not) then he never belonged in the ring with GSP in the first place. Part of me was really liking Hendricks, while the cynic in me thinks Hendricks was trying to talk his way into a title shot off a few impressive flash KOs. If he's so confident he shouldn't be concerned with a fight against Ellenberger.

This whole thing with him complaining about being passed up for a title shot, and now saying Ellenberger is the more dangerous fight just reeks of a whiny teenager attitude. It's completely turned me away from him as a fan.

How often do contenders wrack up 3 top 10 wins in a 5 fight win streak or better? He's arguably the most deserving contender GSP's ever had. Who else in the division would you bet on to go through Kos, Fitch, and Kampmann?

Champs are never gonna fight if contenders have to clean the division before their shitle tots.

GSP is one of the most well rounded fighters in the game. He could out-wrestle Johny, out-strike Johny, and out-grapple Johny without a doubt. Ellenberger doens't present the same problems. Not to take away from Jake, becasue I think he is an awesome fighter and would kick Kampmann's ass in a rematch. This fight was the fight that should have happened instead of Johny vs. Kampmann, it just took an extra 6 months to happen.

GSP does not fight other fighters in their strong point, he goes for their weaknesses. Could GSP out wrestle Hendricks? IDK, can he out strike him? hell no

Hendricks painting GSP's fight strategies as so simple to figure out what GSP will do is absolute nonsense - GSP outwrestled Koscheck in the first fight and outboxed him in the second both of which were far more dominant victories than his against Koscheck (and IMO Koscheck should have won that decision 29-28).

As if he has figured out GSP and will be able to beat him without a problem. Sure GSP utilizes the techniques Hendricks mentions, but he also does the spinning back kick more than any other UFC fighter and being one of the most well-rounded fighters GSP has far more tools to keep Hendricks guessing as to what but more importantly WHEN he will do exactly what Hendricks predicts he will do. GSP dominates because of his speed and timing and putting it all together so well to completely baffle the other fighter such that he cannot follow through on his gameplan. This is the truly amazing, yet very intangible quality that Hendricks completely downplays.

And you want to talk predictable how about one-trick left-hook Hendricks? This almost makes me want to see GSP fight him more than Diaz. Who knows -- Maybe this is the intention of Hendrick's sensational comments.

Back