Johny Hendricks clarifies recent statement about GSP

GSP does not fight other fighters in their strong point, he goes for their weaknesses. Could GSP out wrestle Hendricks? IDK, can he out strike him? hell no

Lol. You mean the same Hendricks that had Kos give him fits on the feet?

Yeah ok.

Hendricks has a 50 - 60% chance to beating Ellenberger, and about 10% chance to beat GSP.

GSP does not fight other fighters in their strong point, he goes for their weaknesses. Could GSP out wrestle Hendricks? IDK, can he out strike him? hell no

Yes, GSP could out-strike Johny. People downplay Johny as a "one trick pony" which isn't true, he still will most likely get out-struck by GSP.

Lets hope Ellenberger beats the living shit out of that little Johny, that will teach him a lesson for disrespecting GSP.

Lol. You mean the same Hendricks that had Kos give him fits on the feet?

Yeah ok.

Koscheck did not "give him fits" in the standup at all (besides the eye-poke). Johny won the fight and the main argument against him winning is Koscheck holding down Johny for 1 minute and a half.

hope Jake KO/TKO's Johnny so Hendricks just shuts the fuck up. Some of these guys are better off just keeping their mouths shut and fighting.

On another note, I love how outspoken and bitter Hendricks is being about getting passed over for the title shot, if he loses to Ellenberger he's gonna look pretty stupid.

Not sure why he's doing damage control. He should talk as much shit as he can about GSP (even if its not logical and complete bullshit) since thats the path to a title shot.

im thinking gsp moves up after he fights Diaz

Rory vs Nick vacant title

my opinion

shouldnt say rory, rory vs condit winner

Why would Nick Diaz be in the title fight for the vacant belt in your hypothetical scenario? He'd have two losses in a row? Wouldn't Rory/Condit v. Hendricks/Ellenberger make much more sense?

Koscheck did not "give him fits" in the standup at all (besides the eye-poke). Johny won the fight and the main argument against him winning is Koscheck holding down Johny for 1 minute and a half.

I didn't deny Hendricks winning the fight. But it's true that Hendricks' barely edged Kos on the feet. He was too predictable to do much to Kos, which is concerning because Kos has been very hittable in the past.

All that suggests is that Hendricks' wouldn't get anywhere near GSP's chin. GSP is a master at keeping the striking distance at his range. He'd do the same to Hendricks.

I didn't deny Hendricks winning the fight. But it's true that Hendricks' barely edged Kos on the feet. He was too predictable to do much to Kos, which is concerning because Kos has been very hittable in the past.

All that suggests is that Hendricks' wouldn't get anywhere near GSP's chin. GSP is a master at keeping the striking distance at his range. He'd do the same to Hendricks.

I would disagree with him being a master at keeping striking distance, I mean GSP got dropped in his last fight. But he is definitely very good at it. Johny would most likely get picked apart and lose, but he still have room to improve and you never know in MMA.

I think he's just having a hard time dealing with the frustration of not getting a title shot. I understand his side. But there's nothing he can do about it and must accept it. This anger of not getting his shot is him using words to belittle Georges.

Johnny has to tell himself something guys. Whatever motivates him.

By "dangerous", he means "likely to finish the fight". Not sure why so many folks here didn't get that...

No way man, Kos won that fight and it was a robbery. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

How often do contenders wrack up 3 top 10 wins in a 5 fight win streak or better? He's arguably the most deserving contender GSP's ever had. Who else in the division would you bet on to go through Kos, Fitch, and Kampmann?

Champs are never gonna fight if contenders have to clean the division before their shitle tots.

I get that, and agree 100%. Hendricks is deserving of a title shot. As GSP said, he can't split himself in two, and take both fights.

A year ago I was so pumped to see GSP/Diaz, even if I maybe bought into some of the hype. Do I think Diaz has much of a chance? No, but I didn't back then either, but it's one of my favorite fighters who is 100% class, against one of the biggest "bad boys" of the sport. It's not as if Diaz is some guy the UFC just signed off the street, either. I think a lot of people were just as hyped to see this fight as me, and although it's after Diaz lost the #1 contender fight, it was a very close decision victory for Condit. It's not as if it would have been the worst judging decision ever if the judges gave it to Diaz.

I agree Hendricks may be the most deserving contender ever to face GSP. Considering how well rounded GSP is, it's probably going to take a more "1 dimensional" type fighter (probably one with knockout power) to dethrone GSP (and I don't mean 1 dimensional in a negative way). GSP is the definition of a jack of all trades type fighter. It will probably take somebody with KO power to beat him. GSP is not going to get out-pointed over 5 rounds by anyone, not at least until he's past his prime. Also, GSP looked a lot more dominant against KOS (both fights) then Hendricks did, so I'm not convinced Hendricks is 100% ready for what GSP has to offer.

By "dangerous", he means "likely to finish the fight". Not sure why so many folks here didn't get that...

Because everyone on Sherdog whines and moans about anything any fighter says.

I agree with johnny. the way GSP has been fighting, jake is more dangerous.

Back