Johny Hendricks clarifies recent statement about GSP

Can't wait for GSP to 50-45 this joker...

Haha You are an idiot. It's not about the winning, it's about the danger. You just don't get it. GSP would probably beat Hendricks, but I don't think he would hurt him. If Ellenberger wins, it will probably be by knockout. I have been doing jiu jitsu for 8 years, and I have also kickboxed. GSP is amazing, but not scary. People get demoralized when they fight GSP, but they don't fear him like they would someone who can knock them out with one shot. It's completely different..........

No.

What makes GSP dangerous? At the moment GSp can't even finish a cheeseburger with a bite in it.

I must have slept through the rule change when only a finish counts as a win.

Oh and Johny needs to take a look at the stats for fighters who lose title shots vs GSP. They go downhill massively. That's career dangerous.

Gsp has great wrestling and bjj. That is enough to make him pretty much invincible at ww.

He has lost the dangerous aura though.

What makes GSP dangerous? At the moment GSp can't even finish a cheeseburger with a bite in it.

Not sure what a cheeseburger has to do with him fighting, but.

What makes GSP dangerous is the fact he he hasn't lost in years and hasn't showed any signs of slowing down.

I must have slept through the rule change when only a finish counts as a win.

Oh and Johny needs to take a look at the stats for fighters who lose title shots vs GSP. They go downhill massively. That's career dangerous.
Could simply be the competition level before fighting GSP and afterwards. I think as a fighter, Hendricks would know what is more dangerous to him than angry GSP fans. He is not the only fighter who has said they consider a guy with more stopping power and less predictability more dangerous.

No, in fact, it isn't.

If fighting is your career, and you hope to advance that career, GSP is by far the more dangerous fighter.

Odds of beating Ellenberger? Pretty decent.

Odds of beating St. Pierre? Nearly zero.

So yes, if you're a punch-drunk Shertard trying to prove his questionable manhood in a street fight, Ellenberger might be the more dangerous fight. But if you're a professional athlete who wishes to accumulate wins and the money that comes with them, it's GSP.

No offense to you and your kind, but you're not very bright. Let me guess: you're also a creationist, aren't you?

This

You sound like a guy who lost money on Hardy, BJ, Alves, Kos, Shields and Condit against GSP. Since GSP proves you wrong every time you resort to crating a new account and putting him down. Sad, but whatever works for you.

Calm down on the Hendricks hate. He is just stating that Jake can potentially finish a fight at any time with a single punch and is therefore "more dangerous". Of course GSP is more capable of winning any given fight but that doesn't make him more dangerous per se.

gsp is more dangerous to win a decision, but if I had a choice on who to meet in a dark alley betwen ellenburger and gsp I would 100% choose gsp and Im a fat piece of xboxing shit.

Hendricks should have learned the lesson that Kampmann was forced to learn. Bad things happen when you talk shit. GSP will not just dominate Hendricks, but finish him, if Hendricks is ever considered worthy to step in the cage for the belt. Ellenberger is no more dangerous than a prime Phil Baroni was. Ellenberger is really an over glorified version of Phil Baroni. He's explosive when you exchange freely with him, but when the technical part of striking takes over, Jake looks lost. He can't lead well off his jab. He doesn't create offense out of nothing. He doesn't mix up his strikes or have any kicking game. He is extremely limited. GSP is way more dangerous because he dictates what kind of fight it's going to be. It's great that you are a dangerous brawler, but if you are unable to dictate a brawl, because your opponents dictates his game on you, you being a so called "dangerous brawler" doesn't make you dangerous at all. GSP would dictate every second of a fight with Hendricks. Hendricks and his left hand would be hitting nothing but air vs GSP, while GSP would be peppering him at will with jabs, leg kicks, and he would probably easily find a home for his high kick on Hendricks as well, and when GSP puts Hendricks on his back, good luck there Johny. GSP would have an incredibly easy fight with Hendricks, and all those crying about Hendricks being passed over, would be the same ones diminishing him as an opponent after GSP trounces him.

Back