Social John Oliver offering Clarence Thomas 1 million a year for life if he steps down.

John is a boring hack, figures it's from him ... What's next Musk going to offer Biden 100 mil to let Trump win or something.
But he'll step down for free when ordered.

oh well I guess John Oliver is fucked then, right?

Btw he said his lawyers looked into it and said it wasn't bribery. Where's your law degree? And please don't reply with a link to Cornell Law
He might be if Thomas actually accepted, and Oliver actually paid.

He knows Thomas won't accept and nobody's gonna go after him criminally for what he'd quite obviously claim was a joke that he'd never actually follow through on.

If it wasn't for Community, I would doubt this guy's existence.

Talk about toddler level theatre. Oliver is a low-IQ can, just like every other political talking head on television.

lol the all-purpose insult, if you're threatened by someone's argument, call them toddler-level

Thomas is a fraud, lightweight moron gifted into a job he's horrible at and unqualified for, and he's corrupt even on top of that. Oliver is 100% right here, and that somehow makes people mad because...they love corruption? lol

right wing virtue signaling "I've never heard of this person" lmao

giphy.webp

Reactions: PEB
That was the entire point of the segment.

Oliver spent 20 minutes detailing how when Thomas threatened to step down unless he made more money, conservative billionaires stepped in. So Oliver's point was that since Thomas is motivated by money, perhaps he'd take this deal.

I'd say it was satire, but the point was so obvious I don't think it's fair to call it that. But sometimes we forget how everything goes right over your head.

don't take it literally, it's clearly satire, but "go peacefully" is a dog whistle for insurrection that only experts for the state can expound on. sir, why is leftist logic so inconsistent?

Bribing a judge.

Wow. Total own, John. You got em

Another moron the left props up. Hes got a British accent and looks like he should be smart.

I’ll never forget his segment on home schooling that bashed it without acknowledging the better outcomes. Basically no instance of white people home schooling their kids was positive..one instance of neo-nazis home schooling became the standard.

..But what was an example of positive home schooling? A black family of course. What was their method? They were teaching their kids the ABC’s through rap music. Nevermind the kids in the video were in the 8-12 age range and should be well past their A B C’s.
Close the schools.
Give the kids Chromebooks and iPads.
Tell them to log into educational aps to learn math.

Now, we get upset when kids get homeschooled????

John Oliver and Rachel Maddow should spawn an offspring named Russia Man Bad and let it roam free in the wilderness periodically stopping to let out cries of victimhood...
He been happily married for years. She was a Republican an had ties to FOX before she married Jon. She now I believe runs a charity helping veterans as she is a combat veteran. Jon living the life now.

MV5BMTczMTczNDQxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg2NTUzNjM@._V1_.jpg

lol the all-purpose insult, if you're threatened by someone's argument, call them toddler-level

Thomas is a fraud, lightweight moron gifted into a job he's horrible at and unqualified for, and he's corrupt even on top of that. Oliver is 100% right here, and that somehow makes people mad because...they love corruption? lol
Of course Oliver isn’t wrong. It’s his toddler level proposition (or PR stunt if you prefer) that makes the entire thing a joke. Think a bit deeper next time, comrade.

He might be if Thomas actually accepted, and Oliver actually paid.

He knows Thomas won't accept and nobody's gonna go after him criminally for what he'd quite obviously claim was a joke that he'd never actually follow through on.
But even if he did accept and they went through with it, is that considered bribing a public official?

He isn't offering to pay Clarence Thomas to vote a certain way on a SCOTUS judgement.

Regardless, it was satire to point fun at the fact that Clarence Thomas is clearly compromised and bought by corporate interests and John Oliver is just shedding light on the fact that the judge is taking bribes as is.

But even if he did accept and they went through with it, is that considered bribing a public official?

He isn't offering to pay Clarence Thomas to vote a certain way on a SCOTUS judgement.

Regardless, it was satire to point fun at the fact that Clarence Thomas is clearly compromised and bought by corporate interests and John Oliver is just shedding light on the fact that the judge is taking bribes as is.

Yeah IDK, that's why I said "might".

My guess is that yeah he'd have some criminal charges and who knows how it would shake out after. There's a reason these others are calling things "gifts" etc. There's at least some level of deniability. This dude straight up publicly stated it was a quid pro quo. I get that it's to have Thomas retire and not flat-out buy a verdict or something but gut feeling says he could be in at least SOME trouble.

Back