John Kavanagh: There’s a lesson to be learned here for anyone who wants to fight Conor McGregor

Its stupid to not just stay in shape if your around his weight class. That's a HUGE payday and opportunity.
Diaz is probably in shape, he just isn't at peak, nor should he be. It is hard on your body to be at peak for more than 2 weeks. Of course peak being a relative term.

You know what they say about guys with lip/tongue piercings.......

Yeah, Rosanna Arquette said they help fellatio. Which I guess is really important for a guy to be able to do for another guy.

SMFH.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Yeah, Rosanna Arquette said they help fellatio. Which I guess is really important for a guy to be able to do for another guy.

SMFH.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Congrats, the joke didn't go over your head.

It's actually the other way around. If you are in shape to fight, you won't get the fight. Only once the UFC confirms that you haven't been in the gym, they lay out of the options. If you are in shape, you aren't getting the fight. That's the real lesson to be learned.

It's actually the other way around. If you are in shape to fight, you won't get the fight. Only once the UFC confirms that you haven't been in the gym, they lay out of the options. If you are in shape, you aren't getting the fight. That's the real lesson to be learned.

Hmmm just to play devils advocate.
Would that not make Hendrix the go to guy when it comes to be out of shape and not training.

Half of the fights (against Conor) is 90% mental!

/Kenny "Sylvia" Florian

He forgot to mention "Don't be named Khabib"

...and if you accept a short notice fight then you forfeit the 'I didn't have a full camp' excuse.

Is that some kind of Bro code? People who accept short notice fights are FACTUALLY the only ones who can use the "I didn't have a full camp" excuse.

I get the impression that if Conor stepped up short notice for a fight, this fact would be conveniently forgotten
Are you crazy? It would "short camp mendes" but times 10. I'm not sure why you think this

FFS, Someone's coach backs them fully!?!? Say it ain't so..

This is neither surprising or offensive. And after the run Conor's had, you'd be hard pressed to find a close person to him who DIDN'T feel this way.

But carry on with the fuckboyism

It is possible to stay in shape without spending $25k to have Dolce teach you portion control.

Fight shape involves peaking and cutting and phases.

It's hard or maybe even impossible to maintain that 365.

To be honest, most UFC fighters can't afford a training camp if they don't know for sure they'll have a fight.
The entire argument is a joke. Connor trained for months. Nate... 3 days. Nate wants the pay, but the playing field as always is stacked for MacGregor. It's not so much an excuse as just st the reality of the situation.

Back