John Kavanagh: There’s a lesson to be learned here for anyone who wants to fight Conor McGregor

It's a win win for them. If they win then great, but if they lose then they still get paid big and they have the excuse of a short camp

...and if you accept a short notice fight then you forfeit the 'I didn't have a full camp' excuse.

It's a fact not an excuse. Diaz clearly will not be at his best. He's taking this fight because he's getting paid a lot for it. Sorry the rest of us will critically assess the situation instead of just jerking off if conor wins.

it an excuse.if you are stepping in to that cage nobody give's a fuck if you had a short camp,or broke a leg or your mother died or whatever.if you are not 100 percent then don't sign the papers.simple.

That's just a simple minded self serving way of looking at it. Diaz is being offered a ton of money. Of course he's gonna accept it. Maybe in 5 years only the W will matter but everyone here in the present should be aware of the context.

He's right. Stay ready and when the opportunity appears attack it with gusto. At this point you have little to lose and much to gain. Even if you are not really read take the fight anyway. If Conor beats you on short notice then you can claim you can do better and you got a big check anyway. If you manage to beat him you've just collected the biggest scalp in the game and a massive pile of cash to go with it. You may also get a highly lucrative rematch with him. Even if you don't then you still have a highly marketable accomplishment which improves you bottom line going forward.

Why?

People are still going on about how he was injured in the Mendes fight and that's why his TDD was so bad, when he didn't even show proof he was injured.
So if Conor got beat after stepping up at two weeks notice like Chad did or Nate has, he would be afforded the same excuse by the haters? After all, it's the haters who dig out those excuses for Chad and will for Nate if he loses.

There is no chance in hell he would. And you know it.

So if Conor got beat after stepping up at two weeks notice like Chad did or Nate has, he would be afforded the same excuse by the haters? After all, it's the haters who dig out those excuses for Chad and will for Nate if he loses.

There is no chance in hell he would. And you know it.

Lol haters opinions are never to be taken seriously. Neither are the fanboys.

Neither opinions will be reasonable. Don't expect them to be.

Anyone objective will tell you that someone stepping up at 2 weeks notice is at a major disadvantage though.

it an excuse.if you are stepping in to that cage nobody give's a fuck if you had a short camp,or broke a leg or your mother died or whatever.if you are not 100 percent then don't sign the papers.simple.

Actually, I care.
It gives me a better assessment of what happened and why it happened. Of course, not all excuses are created equal.
To only look at the bottom line (win or loss) would be level 1 thinking.

As for them not signing, sometimes they get injured or a nagging injury catches up with them after they have signed. Some of them need the purse, or fear consequences from Zuffa, or face pressure from Zuffa.

Using a sample pool of 12 fights to determine future probability is well... stupid.

being marketable helps too. arguably UFC could have accepted Khabib's offer, he's in shape

at the same time Kavo has a point
I thought Khabib said to Tony Ferguson he can't make a March fight so it's April for them instead. Would be a little snakey to then go and accept the Conor fight on 11 days notice for early March.

I agree with Kavanagh.

"Six of Conor’s last 12 opponents have pulled out. Even if a certain fighter is not announced as Conor’s original opponent, every guy who’s in some way in the mix to face him in the future should be staying prepared, because there’s a 50% chance there’ll be an opening."

http://www.the42.ie/john-kavanagh-column-24-february-2016-2621429-Feb2016/?utm_source=twitter_self
translation: we oranize the fight the way we want with the ufc. We want to fight people on short notice when we had a full camp. We want to use this excuse to look good to our fans and make everyone look shitty even if it is obvious you cant be in peak shape all year long.

Lol haters opinions are never to be taken seriously. Neither are the fanboys.

Neither opinions will be reasonable. Don't expect them to be.

Anyone objective will tell you that someone stepping up at 2 weeks notice is at a major disadvantage though.
That's the point. People who hate Conor seem to think they're the reasonable ones when they're just as ridiculous as the over top Conor fan boys.

I'm a reasonable Conor fan. I'm happy if people want to say Chad wasn't at 100% I just know Conor wouldn't get the same grace.

Real lesson to be learned here - if you're fighting Connor you should do this 2 weeks out:

guillermo-wrapped.jpg
hahahaha lol true

These big money fights UFC has to do something to encourage the fight. Shit loads of money and pissed off fans are lost by backing out. Maybe post a bond or lose 30% of next purse if you back out would encourage fighters to not be such bitches. Everyone fights hurt but some guys won't fight unless 100% thats bullshit.

Anyways no worries conor fans RDA's heads fucked up, it's obvious. He will prolly lose like aldo. I was gonna bet on RDA but after this bruised foot thing for the easiest fight of his career no way.

Conor wants to fight Dos Anjos, not the other way round.

Dos Anjos will defend his belt regardless of Conor's intentions.

To be honest, most UFC fighters can't afford a training camp if they don't know for sure they'll have a fight.
Im pretty sure the guys who are in the mix to fight mcgregor have more money then your saying.

I bet he's one of those guys that fellates themselves regularly.

Not to mention millions of dollars on the line.

It's like these fighters have absolutely no business sense.

Back