John Danaher Leg lock and back attack dvd?

Megaton?

Megaton is awesome.

But see what you've done in this thread is sort of hurt your own position. You could make a lot of valid criticisms of Danaher and probably had a lot of people hop over to your point of view but by saying outlandish stuff like Megaton has as large of a following as Danaher it sort of undercuts your point.

I mean I get what you're saying. Megaton is inspirational, a legend, and hugely well known in the community.

On IG right now Megaton has 37k followers and Danaher as 140k.

yeah but danaher didn't compete at any high level competitions.

yeah but danaher didn't compete at any high level competitions.
Not only that but I don't think he's competed at any lower level competitions either. I'm not sure he's ever competed at all.

What's your point?

kenetics said he'd rather buy an instructional from someone that;'s competed.

tekkenfan said too bad megaton doesn't have the following of Danahewr.

kenetics said he did.

I just pointed out that he doesn't.

Megaton is a gangster. I'm a huge fan.

Megaton?

Megaton is awesome.

But see what you've done in this thread is sort of hurt your own position. You could make a lot of valid criticisms of Danaher and probably had a lot of people hop over to your point of view but by saying outlandish stuff like Megaton has as large of a following as Danaher it sort of undercuts your point.

I mean I get what you're saying. Megaton is inspirational, a legend, and hugely well known in the community.

No, I was just arguing that guys who actually compete , roll, and put it on the line respect megaton more. He's 52 yrs old with ton of injuries and continues to even fight in the adult division.

I know a few guys who came up with Danaher before all his "injuries" said he didn't really roll much nor compete at all . He likes to talk more then actually do anything physical.

I have issues with that being an instructor and competitor myself.

I think Danaher is good teacher and nothing more.

Not only that but I don't think he's competed at any lower level competitions either. I'm not sure he's ever competed at all.

What's your point?

kenetics said he'd rather buy an instructional from someone that;'s competed.

tekkenfan said too bad megaton doesn't have the following of Danahewr.

kenetics said he did.

I just pointed out that he doesn't.

Megaton is a gangster. I'm a huge fan.

Ya there are alot of idiots with tons of IG followers lol.

All top bjj practioners would tell you that megaton is more credible than danaher

Megaton?

Megaton is awesome.

exactly its crazy how people try to bend reality and the truth when they just dont like someone you can not like someones personality but you still have to give them the credit the number of dds threads alone speak on who is more talked about brought up sought after it is what it is isnt an opinion on who i like more facts are facts

I just mean there is a ton of good front headlock material out there already but yeah all of the Renzo athletes are very good at it. Renzo pioneered the arm-in guillotine and the darce choke also was developed from inside their crew. I

I picked up a couple of details on the arm-in and high elbow guillotines by training with them, and also some stuff they do with the darce choke that is unique. They also have a cool one handed arm-in guillotine they use. For the most part they just use it how it's supposed to be used but they do have a few things they do I haven't seen many other people use.

I don’t think you can be good at no-gi without at least a decent front headlock game.
i agree its a position i never really used much i loved to snap guys down to a front headlock in wrestling when they get to low trying to defend my shots but i usually used it to go to he back wrestling style head in the hole and go behinds

i want tobreak them down to there back i dont like sliding through to try to finish a choke personally i just dont like them being able to scramble around

No, I was just arguing that guys who actually compete , roll, and put it on the line respect megaton more. He's 52 yrs old with ton of injuries and continues to even fight in the adult division.

I know a few guys who came up with Danaher before all his "injuries" said he didn't really roll much nor compete at all . He likes to talk more then actually do anything physical.

I have issues with that being an instructor and competitor myself.

I think Danaher is good teacher and nothing more.
On board with you!

i agree its a position i never really used much i loved to snap guys down to a front headlock in wrestling when they get to low trying to defend my shots but i usually used it to go to he back wrestling style head in the hole and go behinds

i want tobreak them down to there back i dont like sliding through to try to finish a choke personally i just dont like them being able to scramble around
When I say front headlock too I am considering it from all angles. So when passing the guard for example too and when I say front headlock I don't just mean when they are in turtle on all fours.

So basically Danaher is legit but you let your misperceptions of him get in the way?

No, I'm watching the DVD and Danaher actually sucks at explaining stuff. He is extremely verbose and doesn't show much details.

No, I'm watching the DVD and Danaher actually sucks at explaining stuff. He is extremely verbose and doesn't show much details.

I'll give you verbose but i've never particularly had much trouble following what he's getting at, he 'merely' tends to speak slowly and take time to get there.

Of course, all of this is really more just matters of taste or personal perception, as i mentioned. Not squarely essential to the value of the technique(s) themselves. I've picked up good details from people who demonstrate things without even really explaining it at all. I don't hold it against them (much).

Last edited:
It's just a waste of time. In real life training it's low quality coaching because you waste drilling time. It annoyed me super hard today mostly because I got cut in training and got stiched and will super likely miss the next week big competition.

It's a DVD bro. You're not gonna be watching it in class (probably).

Really what my view here basically comes down to is, i tend to see people starting with an impulse first ('i dislike John Danaher'), and then grasping for rationalizations to fulfill it, a conduit through which that impulse may be expressed, however trivial it may be.

It's a DVD bro. You're not gonna be watching it in class (probably).

Really what my view here basically comes down to is, i tend to see people starting with an impulse first ('i dislike John Danaher'), and then grasping for rationalizations to fulfill it, a conduit through which that impulse may be expressed, however trivial it may be.

People complain about the audio, which is a super tiny minor issue. The DVD being 9 hour not 3 is a big drawback. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the DVD.

I'm glad I waited to buy this.

Will wait for the new audio version

Doesn’t matter. According to Bjjfanatics, they will reshoot the whole thing and if you ordered a DVD, you will get a copy of the new reshoot. Danaher posted that he will travel to Boston to reshoot.

I tend to see people starting with an impulse first ('i dislike John Danaher').

I had a mild dislike for Danaher before watching the DVD, after I'm under an impression that he is a despicable idiot.

People complain about the audio, which is a super tiny minor issue. The DVD being 9 hour not 3 is a big drawback. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the DVD.

Not a big deal but you’re in the minority. Most people would sacrifice some visual quality for better audio. Bad audio is usually a deal breaker for people before bad video quality is.

I had a mild dislike for Danaher before watching the DVD, after I'm under an impression that he is a despicable idiot.
Despicable Idiot”? Please explain. And given the level of emotions Danaher seems to arise in people. Please explain how he is
  1. An idiot: specifically where and why. With actual examples. Given that all of the criticisms of his instructional style could very easily be applied to Ryan Hall
  2. Despicable: That is a very strong word that seems to be used to be inflammatory/emotionally, rather than accurate or objective. @rmongler you will appreciate this. In my teacher professional development meeting yesterday, we talked about the importance of academic vocab vs everyday/“social” vocab. And how if you don’t emphasize it and teach it in multiple ways. It both leads to misuse of words and impeads learning
Believe it or not, I’m not trying to be an asshole. I’ve actually kept my mouth shut most of the thread. I even “understand” Kenetics view of the whole thing, even if I don’t entirely agree..

But using words like “despicable idiot”, seems both obnoxious and inaccurate even if you are criticizing him. There are much more accurate and better ways to do it. But I’m am extremely sure the majority of the criticisms of his teaching style can be applied to Ryan Halls instructionals as well.

And for real... has anyone considered the idea Danaher is on the spectrum or something along those lines.. before people make sweeping judgements or say he’s a “psychopath”. Especially when it’s clear most of the people saying it have never actually been around real psycho/sociopaths

I fully understand not liking his way of talking, i fully understand people not liking his personality or attitudes, I fully understand some people are misguided and sometimes think you “have” to be a high level competitor to be worth listening to. Grow up, stop whining, take what is useful and focus on yourself

Back