John Danaher Leg lock and back attack dvd?

I just read that. Kind of fucked up that he did that to Eddie.

Also, digitsu is better than Bjj fanatics.

Don't follow BJJ as much anymore - was there a split of rift between them?
It’s all rumor and hearsay. The rumor is Danaher prevented Eddie from releasing a dvd of his own and that caused Eddie to leave Danaher. Now, Danaher has released his own Dvd.

It’s all rumor and hearsay. The rumor is Danaher prevented Eddie from releasing a dvd of his own and that caused Eddie to leave Danaher. Now, Danaher has released his own Dvd.
I've never bought that. You could definitely be right but in the 18 months or so since Eddie left, if he wanted to release a dvd so bad then I wonder why he wouldn't have gone ahead and done it?

I've never bought that. You could definitely be right but in the 18 months or so since Eddie left, if he wanted to release a dvd so bad then I wonder why he wouldn't have gone ahead and done it?
As I said, it’s all second and third hand rumors.

Ottavia Bourdain just confirmed on r/bjj that Eddie never had any plans to release a dvd.

I wasn’t there. It’s not that important but what does, “he does not want to step on toes” mean?

"Step on toes" is a figure of speech meaning - possibly encroaching on someone elses property, idea, etc- and perhaps upsetting them as a result. So if eddie released a dvd using a ton of John D's stuff and profited- he may upset John because if anyone should release a DVD on that stuff, it is him.

All that aside- did anyone watch the video? Amazing insight. I just bought the craig jones DVD- but this is pretty impressive instruction.

I like John and I admit I no leg locker - but I will probably buy the instructional.

That said, John is unbearable at times. Unwatchable on the JR podcast.

All that aside- did anyone watch the video? Amazing insight. I just bought the craig jones DVD- but this is pretty impressive instruction.

Excellent instruction and I can see why his students do well. He really seem to have developed a system and he’s made a post where he says he’s also developed sub systems or something where if you need to transition you can. I think he was trying to say he has developed interconnected systems and his announcement of his leg lock and back DVD is just the beginning if people are interested in other topics. I’m sure passing the guard or the guard would be next. I’m interested in his take on BJJ in a MMA setting. I think he used to teach a MMA class with Shawn Williams. Someone posted a very short clip of Danaher rolling with Matt Serra. It was too short. I would definitely like to know there’s footage of him rolling.

The back DVD is more interesting for me as I'm a IBJJF player. For heel hooks it's interesting how good it will be compared to Craigs DVD. Craig has the advantage of having a significantly better grasp of the English language.

I wasn’t there. It’s not that important but what does, “he does not want to step on toes” mean?
Probably that he didn’t think it was his place to do so. Not totally sure. Regardless she says there were no plans, and from everyone I know I always knew the “Eddie dvd reason” was bullshit and not true. I didn’t want to gossip about it though. I’m just glad ottavia cleared it up.

"Step on toes" is a figure of speech meaning - possibly encroaching on someone elses property, idea, etc- and perhaps upsetting them as a result. So if eddie released a dvd using a ton of John D's stuff and profited- he may upset John because if anyone should release a DVD on that stuff, it is him.
The problem is, if the rumors are true, Eddie came up with some of these ideas and Danaher took them and started teaching Eddie’s idea. I really don’t know if it is true or not, but how can that be stepping on someone’s toes.

The problem is, if the rumors are true, Eddie came up with some of these ideas and Danaher took them and started teaching Eddie’s idea. I really don’t know if it is true or not, but how can that be stepping on someone’s toes.
Look I'll be straight up. I don't particularly care from Danaher and Eddie is one of my favorite grapplers ever.

But the bolded sentence just isn't an issue I don't think. I don't see how it can be. If so then you'd basically have to be mad about every jiu-jitsu dvd that was ever released. Ryan Hall for example taught so many things that he credited other people as an inspiration for (and he taught them better). His deep half series was heavily influenced by Jeff Glover and Jake Mackenzie. In fact on most of his dvds he gives credit to someone for entire sections as his inspiration for those techniques. His passing stuff is heavily influenced by Frazatto, Marcelo, and Murilo. Defensive guard by Marcelo. D'arce stuff by Bill Cooper and Jeff Glover. Arm triangle/kata gatame stuff by Murilo and Seph Smith. Cross guard and inverted guard by Roletta. The list goes on.

If you subscribe to Braulio Estima's website he is a consummate student of the game and is teaching things from instructionals that it's clear he's either seen or trained with guys that have made them. he teaches things it's clear he's learned from DDS guys, Craig Jones, Edwin Najmi, and lots of others.

Nobody owns anything when it comes to human body movements. We all are inspired by various people and we all put our own twist on things too. I just don't see why anyone has an obligation to not teach something or release information as a service in exchange for money just because elements of it (or even if large portions of it) were influenced by someone else.

No one has a copyright on heel hooks. Going back to Ryan Hall. Ryan was teaching a ton of good heel hook stuff a decade ago. Should someone avoid showing 50/50 heel hooks now just because Ryan released a set on them ten years ago?

If my tone sounds aggressive it isn't meant to be I promise.

weird could have sworn he told rogan hed never release a dvd to keep guys guessing on there techniques i wonder how much it will differ from the modern leg lock dvd

also any idea when these are suppose to come out? i really look forward to a modern day back series

seriously cant wait for this to be released

Back