Joey Beltran Says He Did Not Take Steroids Knowingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I can say without a shadow of a doubt I did not inject Nandrolone into my body. I am sorry to my family and friends for the shame this...

Brought to any of you. I promise soon the whole story will be told and I will go through whatever is necessary to find the reason for this..

Positive test. I am at fault for taking a supplement or perhaps combination of something that caused my test result. My team and I will ...

Seek the truth. I am sorry once again and truly apologize to the people that matter the most to me.- Joey Beltran

I believe him regardless of what happens :(

How in the hell can you take steroids without knowing it?

Guys need to know exactly what they are putting into their bodies. Don't just grab something and take it.

Could care less. If you're to stupid to not know what's going in your body you deserve the positive.

And can we get a little more creative with these excuses other than just playing dumb (but probably comes naturally for these guys)

I totally believe him

How in the hell can you take steroids without knowing it?

Haven't you heard the stories of all those supplements just a few years ago that had steroids in them (and I have not looked into the topic so there might be recent ones too)? It's not uncommon for a person to recommend to someone else to take a supplement that "truly works, bro" which unknowingly contains steroids.

That being said, if I were a MMA who got busted for steroids, this is exactly what I would say. I don't know Beltran so I will reserve my judgement, however meaningless it might be.

Haven't you heard the stories of all those supplements just a few years ago that had steroids in them (and I have not looked into the topic so there might be recent ones too)? It's not uncommon for a person to recommend to someone else to take a supplement that "truly works, bro" which unknowingly contains steroids.

That being said, if I were a MMA who got busted for steroids, this is exactly what I would say. I don't know Beltran so I will reserve my judgement, however meaningless it might be.

I haven't heard about that... but you would think that at the highest level of competition you would know about illegal supplements. I just don't buy it. I'm so bummed out that Palhares is in this group now too.

i didnt like reading that on his twitter it sounded forced and an excuse

I prefer it when a fighter comes clean and says, "Shit, I got caught!!! My bad." like Bonnar and Sylvia did.

Holy hell, I can't believe I actually liked something Tim Sylvia has done.

I'd like to believe it's true; I'm a big fan of Joey's and this would be pretty disappointing.

Yeah, nobody ever knowingly takes anything and everybody in college has a family emergency during exams every semester.

I haven't heard about that... but you would think that at the highest level of competition you would know about illegal supplements. I just don't buy it. I'm so bummed out that Palhares is in this group now too.

Well, during a training camp we can assume the fighters don't actually plan anything out. They basically have little control of what they actually put into their bodies, as they have to concentrate on just fighting and have a nutritionist for that (the fighters aren't the experts, they just fight).

Wait does this mean none of our judgements matter???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back