Joe Rogan was wrong about Mirko Cro Cop.

It pisses me off to hear Rogan talk about Mirko's chin and how it's small and not designed to take punches well.

Mirko has been KO'ed 6 times in 120 fights. Just shut up.

You could argue the opposite, Bigfoot has a chin the size of Mirko's entire head yet he gets dropped far more often.

Really though I think Mirko is a perfect example of "chin" being as much about defence and how you take punches as some innate ability to do so. You look back for example as his fights with Fedor and Hunt, both of them landed some good shots on him but back then he was able to take them well seeing the shots coming and rolling with them.

Yes, because all UFC champs secretly desire to be the kings of the Inoki Genome Federation Championship, instead.

Does anybody have a link to a recent interview of Cro Cop? Does he stumble or something or why does everybody think that he has THAT amout of brain damage?

UFC signed him because Bellator was about to, and they would've made good money selling a PPV with Kimbo/Cro Cop headlining.

Cro Cop is done. As in, he's old, completely out of his athletic prime, nurses multiple injuries (his back, IIRC), and has a twitch...

... That being said, the UFC's heavyweight division are old and out of their prime too, but he still got his ass kicked last time he fought in the octagon.

He's done. He's more done than Schaub and Mir, who are two guys quite notable for being done, and who beat him years ago. Done.

It has been 9 fucking years since the 06' Grand Prix

Yes winning the Shiitake Mushroom Championship and getting handed a K-1 Quarter Final win by biased Croatian judges is very impressive. He should have Cain's belt within a year.
Quoting so everyone can read this one more time

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Gabriel Gonzaga 2 set as main event for Poland in April

Not only is Mirko Cro Cop back in the UFC, but now he's booked into a fight against his old nemesis, Gabriel Gonzaga.

The UFC's senior vice president and general manager of Europe, David Allen, announced the fight during a press conference from Stockholm, Sweden on Friday. Cro Cop-Gonzaga II will headline the UFC's foray into Poland. That event will take place in Krakow on April 11.

Read more:http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/2...el-gonzaga-ii-set-as-main-event-for-poland-in

schaub should call him out again. IMO.

You're foolish to think he can compete with today's young athletes in the UFC.

k-1 (nowadays) and genome dont really mean anything at all

if they give him fights against other old guard fighters like Gonzaga it's worth having him around for the fun of it.. And at heavy you never know, look at Arlovski, but he certainly isnt beating any true legit up and coming heavies at this point. At least I would bet against him..

I can discredit K-1 with two words; Bob Sapp

not really.

saying that just means you dont really know shit about k-1 other than a few fights

I sadly think he is really done but I sure hope that he proves me wrong!

Back