Joe Rogan was wrong about Mirko Cro Cop.

His body can't keep up with his skill, he's been fighting for a very very very long time.

well beyond his prime, but I still would be interested to see fights vs Nog, AA and a rematch vs Mir

Im pretty confident he will be out cold in his first fight back. doesn't matter who the opponent is.

He should have gone to bellator, and UFC signed him just to keep him out of there lol. He'll just get killed all over again.

His stand up is still okay, not nearly as fast as he used to be but passable. His takedown defense is terrible now though.

Alexey%2BOleinik%2BCrushes%2BJared%2BRosholt%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

That was a great KO.

Anyone can have a resurgance, i still believe in Cro Cop! he may not be champ but he can beat some people that some may think he cant...he was whooping on Nelson until he blew his wad...and he was outpointing Schaub as well...I can see a focused CC beating Arlovski, Mir (the first fight was an abomination, but he was still winning until the KO), Bigfoot, Rothwell, Struve and others. Everyone though Arlovski was done too.

Cro cop used to be fast, he might not been Fedor fast but he is slow as hell now.

His stand up is still okay, not nearly as fast as he used to be but passable. His takedown defense is terrible now though.

I would say the opposite, his takedown defence whilst maybe not what it was at his peak is still pretty good but his standup defence is highly questionable.

The big advantage for Mirko in moving back to kickboxing was that he could cover up with the larger gloves and clinch/push to avoid getting into aggressive boxing exchanges with the mid level opponents he was fighting. He might be able to perform somewhat better than his late UFC run if he's injury free but still theres not going to be anywhere to hide from boxing exchanges in MMA.

i hope crocop doesn't plan on being the main event, the ufc would have to match him with some slow unathletic guys or guys with no KO power. he is nowhere near what he used to be, but he still desires to fight, which is fine so long as he knows his limits and knows he wont be champ. that's what i think anyway, i just don't see him being the fast KO artist he was.

As a crocop fan I will always support him. But I don't wanna see him in MMA. Kick boxing maybe he can still hang around and fight. When he took that head kick from ganzaga, it broke him. Just like when Chuck took that overhand bomb from Rashad, he was never the same. He is in the UFC only because Bellator showed some interest.

It pisses me off to hear Rogan talk about Mirko's chin and how it's small and not designed to take punches well.

Mirko has been KO'ed 6 times in 120 fights. Just shut up.

He's got something left. As a kickboxer. Don't see his return to the UFC going all that pleasantly.

It would be awesome to give him a rematch vs. Gonzaga or big ben. Make or break what's left of his career. I mean wouldn't hope to see him unconscious but at this point it would be meh for me if it does. But if he somehow KO's both...I'll be having an erection for 1 whole week without the aid of a pill...

Just give him Potts or the like.
I'm tired of seeing old legends get beat up in overly competitive match-ups.
Give him a couple showcase fights to satisfy the fans and let him retire in glory.

Back