• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Joe Rogan podcast, intellectually dishonest

Basically her description of how the rules changed from Mecca to Medina is dead wrong.

Holy shit! Stop the presses!!

Muslim, Christian, Jew or Hindu... Try to understand that only the religiously obsessed care one whit about narrow, doctrinal debates.

Hey, if you don't think you have an obligation to cut off the head of an infidel on your bus ride to work I consider you an enlightened Muslim and wish you well in your faith pursuits.

yes... in mma. in most other things no.
Like i said, he's an autodidact.

George W Bush went to Harvard and Yale, yet there are pet hamsters smarter than him. Other folks never spent a day in the classroom but are brilliant. Formal credentials aren't everything. Firas is very smart on topics around philosophy and religion because its been his pet interest for over 20 yrs and engages with it everyday. Also, like i said, Ayaan has ZERO credentials plus she sounds dumb and obviously doesn't know what she's talking about due to the basic mistakes she was making.

Holy shit! Stop the presses!!

Muslim, Christian, Jew or Hindu... Try to understand that only the religiously obsessed care one whit about narrow, doctrinal debates.

Hey, if you don't think you have an obligation to cut off the head of an infidel on your bus ride to work I consider you an enlightened Muslim and wish you well in your faith pursuits.
Its not a narrow doctrinal debate, she was arguing that Islam allows forced conversion and a blanket declaration of war against non-believers. Her evidence for that conclusion was 100% wrong. You don't think that's germane to the social discourse around Islam?

Last edited:
Like i said, he's an autodidact.

George W Bush went to Harvard and Yale, yet there are pet hamsters smarter than him. Other folks never spent a day in the classroom but are brilliant. Firas is very smart on topics around philosophy and religion because its been his pet interest for over 20 yrs and engages with it everyday.

No there is not.

You think he is smart because he supports you opinion and nothing else.
Did he give any goof counter argument in the video you posted?

Truth hurts
We get it, you hate Islam. But seriously dude, try to have an adult conversation. Nobody wants to spend their time slinging insults back and forth on the internet. If you wanna talk like adults i'd be happy to but not gonna engage in the playground stuff. Cheers.

No there is not.

You think he is smart because he supports you opinion and nothing else.
Did he give any goof counter argument in the video you posted?
I think he's smart based on the discussions he's had on philosophy. By the way i disagree with a lot of his takes on philosophy, but i respect that fact that he's clearly VERY well read on the topic and has a logical way of thinking and structuring his arguments. I'm not just saying this because we happen to agree on this one issue.

Its not a narrow doctrinal debate, she was arguing that Islam allows forced conversation and a blanket declaration of war against non-believers. Her evidence for that conclusion was 100% wrong.

My concern isn't over a critic of Islam being "100% wrong".

My concern is over the believers in Islam who consider 100% correct what you call this critic's error.

The fact that you expend more energy on the critics of Islam than on those practitioners of Islam that provide the fuel that the critics use to criticize is evidence of how severely religious zealotry warps the rational mind.

Islam gonna be the majority world faith in just a few years bud. Enjoy ;)

Imagine taking pride in your people's ability to breed uncontrollably. Or do you think Islam is growing because of conversion? lol

Also, it's interesting Muslims always say how many of them there are in the world, by simply adding up all the populations of every Muslim country. Then when there are debates about Islamic extremism, Muslims will always say 'he's not a true Muslim'. Well, by that logic, you have no idea how many Muslims there are in the world, because you don't know exactly who's a 'true Muslim'.

I think he's smart based on the discussions he's had on philosophy. By the way i disagree with a lot of his takes on philosophy, but i respect that fact that he's clearly VERY well read on the topic and has a logical way of thinking and structuring his arguments. I'm not just saying this because we happen to agree on this one issue.
Philosophy is the line of work that people who think they are smart but aren't and are also not very deep get into in order to meet girls and try to act all holier than thou.

My concern is over the believers in Islam who consider 100% correct what you call this critic's error.

The fact that you expend more energy on the critics of Islam than on those practitioners of Islam that provide the fuel that the critics use to criticize is evidence of how severely religious zealotry warps the rational mind.
And again, I point to one fact.....

There are no Frost Giants. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Philosophy is the line of work that people who think they are smart but aren't and are also not very deep get into in order to meet girls and try to act all holier than thou.

so did it work for you?

The bitch lied about everything, got thrown out of fucking Netherland after getting exposed, and guess who welcomed her with open arms..... United Snakes.

Firas Zahabi comments on this topic:

I managed about 3 minutes but he just rambles on saying how wrong she is but never explains exactly how she's wrong. It's basically a typical Muslim response - pure emotion, no actual argument. Exactly how you and @Kaiowas have responded, in other words.

Honestly this is so idiotic on so many levels. The way the zealots will be defeated is via counter ideological programming rooted in Islam, not in western doctrine. Idiots like Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Sam Harris are sabotaging the only method by which to fight back against the zealotry because their position is that the zealots are correct in their interpretation of Islam. Fighting back against people like Hirsi Ali is part and parcel of fighting back against the zealots. Radical atheists just have such a warped and dug in perception of religion that it’s made them (you?) blind to how we can solve the problem of radicalism. You’re more interested in being right than in solving the problem.

Timestamped video below.

Last week I posted about how Joe Rogan is being dishonest by only choosing to discuss Islam with people that are fanatically anti-Islam.

Others pointed out that he's had Firas Zahabi on the podcast,... well it turns out Zahabi was asked about going on Joe Rogan again so he took the opportunity to call out Ayaan Hirsi Ali for her BS. Firas made the exact same points I made about Joe Rogan inviting someone to provide an alternative view point. Take a listen.

I managed about 3 minutes but he just rambles on saying how wrong she is but never explains exactly how she's wrong. It's basically a typical Muslim response - pure emotion, no actual argument. Exactly how you and @Kaiowas have responded, in other words.

Not an obsession, Firas Zahabi made comments that are directly relevant to the discussion and agrees with me on this, as do many others. You knuckle heads tried your best to make these concerns seem invalid or unwarranted.

'Firas Zahabi agrees with me! Checkmate, racists!'

You were dead wrong.

<Dany07>

Back