Media Joe Rogan calls Khabib's striking amateurish

Khabib would get smoked on the feet in kickboxing or boxing. His technique isn't good from a pure striking perspective.

His striking only works because of his ever-present grappling game. I thought everybody already accepted this as the reality, but I guess not.
This is like saying a boxer's jab is only good because of the threat of the overhand. That's part of the sport. Even Khabib's grappling is set up by his ability to throw strikes while maintaining position which is meaningless in standard grappling tournaments. He's not a great pure striker but in MMA he's an excellent fighter. And by the Iaquinta fight he was good enough on the feet to not be considered amateurish.

Khabib is an effective MMA striker, this combined with his other skills makes him super effective.

Joe's too lame to realize that no matter how great the pure striker, unless they can execute in MMA, then in theory, they're poor strikers, like James Toney (who I have the utmost respect for.)

Rogan also said Ronda was a once in a lifetime athlete haha. That’s gotta be the worst take ever for someone of Rogan status in that’s known throughout MMA world.

Joe Rogan was good when the ufc was still starting out and his jiu jitsu and tae kwon do experience brought a better understanding to the sport. Now it’s time to leave it to former pros who actually have experience and the jon anik types who call the fights without acting like they know more than the pros fighting.

This. Rogan needs to just call what he sees. Leave out the personal comments and bias. A lot of the things Rogan says are something that i expect to come out of the mouth of the casual 40 year old fan sitting at a sports bar, not a professional commentator.

everyone is comfortable in their own style
sometimes textbook is not the way. like some ppl put their hands down but still dont get hit. its what youre comfortable with.
with that being said.. he is a wrestler.

He also said Ronda was a once in a lifetime athlete LMAO

He’s high af half the time, don’t put too much into his thoughts.
It was worse actually haha

He specifically said "not just once in a lifetime... ONCE EVER"

Man, DC was his partner in crime that night. Wasn’t DC the one who said Jan needs to do more to secure a victory while he was outstriking Izzy?
I missed the fight I only saw a clip where Jan was clearly out striking izzy and rogan was saying opposite and DC laughed and said ok joe.

Fuck Joe Rogan.

I cancelled my Spotify sub after they gave him 100 million or someshit to bring his podcast there.

He's a little bastard.

I missed the fight I only saw a clip where Jan was clearly out striking izzy and rogan was saying opposite and DC laughed and said ok joe.

DC actually agreed with Joe that Jan was getting pieced up on the feet.

My god, Rogans sparring is fucking awful, pretty sure I'd whoop his ass based on what I saw in that video.

He also said Ronda was a once in a lifetime athlete LMAO
He told to her face, that she was an LA 10. And she didn't even blink. Top that.

Cringe moment of a lifetime BTW.
DC actually agreed with Joe that Jan was getting pieced up on the feet.
Joe is just a rabid fanboy/hater. Black Fedor is dobublefaced as shit, and wants to shill his way into becoming Black Dana.

Amateurish isn't a proper description for his striking in an MMA context. Sure, he uses the TD threat to his advantage in the striking and even in that context he's not exactly GSP, but he's way above such statements. He's generally pretty effective and when he's lost rounds it's been standing to very good strikers so there's no shame there.

As people have pointed out, Rogan hurt his credibility quite a lot with his Ronda comments and I can't really figure out how someone that does know quite a bit about striking would go to such lengths of falsehood to make a point.

Back in the days, like 4-5 years ago, sherdoggers were shitting on Khabibs striking, calling it amateurish or the likes.

And now Rogan is getting shit on for saying what most thought and were saying? Lol.

It's like a kindergarden in here. People so insecure that they need to jump on a bandwagon to try to fit in.

Yes you can. Khabib and Askren have the threat of the take down which makes up for their technical deficiencies. In a boxing or kickboxing match their lack of striking technique would be more exposed.

I think I came across wrong. I mean, you can be a bad boxer and still a good striker. There's a lot of variables in MMA that dictate the effectiveness of someone's stand up.

Back in the days, like 4-5 years ago, sherdoggers were shitting on Khabibs striking, calling it amateurish or the likes.

And now Rogan is getting shit on for saying what most thought and were saying?
That's becausw Khabib's striking has evolved noticably throughout his MMA career.

Compare his striking against Iaquinta, Conor and Poirier to the striking he displayed in his earlier days and you'll notice his striking looked worse against opponents that didn't have the prowess on the feet of Conor and Dustin.

Rogan also said Ronda was a once in a lifetime athlete haha. That’s gotta be the worst take ever for someone of Rogan status in that’s known throughout MMA world.
Rogan was also calling Woodley the greatest WW of all time, surpassing GSP, after the Till fight.

A guy who defended the belt 4 times (including a split decision and a draw) is apparently better than a 2 time WW champ with 9 defences and only one split decision amongst all this championship fights.

He is the definition of a hype train Sherdogger who lacks perspective.

Ronda can beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight because she armbarred a heap of women.

I could keep going, but we all know Rogan well.

Back