Media Joe Rogan calls Khabib's striking amateurish

You can not be a great boxer and still outstrike someone.
Khabib has a weird style I think like people like Askren. Even if they're doing it right it just looks wrong.
Well, i didn't say Khabib was a great boxer, but he's definitely got decent hands for someone whose base is wrestling.
I agree that - mostly his defense - looks weird though.

There are many better pure strikers in the fight world but this isn't boxing or even Muay Thai. This is MMA and there isn't anybody better at MMA than Khabib. Is that not all that matters?

he is an idiot. Started crying after Usman interview,what did Usman even say that made him cry?take your estrogen blockers joe

Rogan is way too excitable. He loses all objectivity at the drop of a hat.

The only reason he said that was because Al was getting back into the fight somewhat. That's enough for Rogan to start losing his shit.

There are many better pure strikers in the fight world but this isn't boxing or even Muay Thai. This is MMA and there isn't anybody better at MMA than Khabib. Is that not all that matters?

There definitely are but yeah he's up there.

The commentary during that fight was straight up ridiculous.

Khabib outlanded Iaquinta by like 80-100 strikes on the feet and somehow Rogan still found a way to criticize Khabib for that.

EDIT:
Khabib outlanded Iaquinta 100 : 41 for sign. strikes on the feet.

The takedown threat opened up striking opportunities. Jake Shields has outlanded better strikers due to this and Jake is not a good striker. Zabit can strike well without the td threat, Khabib is likely just ok sans td threat.

The takedown threat opened up striking opportunities. Jake Shields has outlanded better strikers due to this and Jake is not a good striker. Zabit can strike well without the td threat, Khabib is likely just ok sans td threat.
Jake Shields is much more hittable than Khabib though. (Most fighters are, lol)
Agree that the TD threat played a big factor in Khabib's fights though... rightfully, of course.

Khabib would get smoked on the feet in kickboxing or boxing. His technique isn't good from a pure striking perspective.

His striking only works because of his ever-present grappling game. I thought everybody already accepted this as the reality, but I guess not.

Khabib would get smoked on the feet in kickboxing or boxing. His technique isn't good from a pure striking perspective.

His striking only works because of his ever-present grappling game. I thought everybody already accepted this as the reality, but I guess not.

I don't think he would get smoked, he can hold his own in striking, but he wouldn't be as dominant as he was when he mixed in the wrestling.

During his title fight with Iaquinta:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that he is right. Listen to the quote in context and watch what is happening. Joe is a big nuthugger of Khabib and pretty much had been since day one, so this video spinning it otherwise is just that; a cheap spin

Rogan sucks, the sooner he's gone the better.

You can not be a great boxer and still outstrike someone.
Khabib has a weird style I think like people like Askren. Even if they're doing it right it just looks wrong.
Yes you can. Khabib and Askren have the threat of the take down which makes up for their technical deficiencies. In a boxing or kickboxing match their lack of striking technique would be more exposed.

He also said hendricks has a normal chin

Joe Rogan was good when the ufc was still starting out and his jiu jitsu and tae kwon do experience brought a better understanding to the sport. Now it’s time to leave it to former pros who actually have experience and the jon anik types who call the fights without acting like they know more than the pros fighting.

This. Despite his knowledge of martial arts and years of covering MMA, Rogan can never provide the kind of insight that actual fighters like DC, Bisping, and Cruz bring to the table. There’s no substitute for real fight experience.

If Joe weren’t a Spotify star, the UFC probably would have cut him loose by now.

Just because Al sucks at capitalizing doesn't make the statement less true lmao

It is, but that is also irrelevant because it only plays a small but effective role in his game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back