Media Joe Rogan calls Khabib's striking amateurish

The commentary during that fight was straight up ridiculous.

Khabib outlanded Iaquinta by like 80-100 strikes on the feet and somehow Rogan still found a way to criticize Khabib for that.

EDIT:
Khabib outlanded Iaquinta 100 : 41 for sign. strikes on the feet.
*Iaquinta misses a right hand*

Rogan and co.:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rogan's commentary plays off preconceived notions and expectations. He doesn't call what he's seeing but what he expects to see.

Khabib not taking a guy down? Khabib must be struggling.
Jan standing up with Izzy? Izzy must be winning.
Ronda exists? She's a once in a species specimen.

Obviously not his best moment (he's running out of those to be honest) but I imagine he's trying to hype Al as an underdog in this fight. It's easy to ignore the good moments of the fighter that's intended to dominate, and get excited for the good moments the underdog has to potentially turn the tide in the fight.

Shit commentary no doubt. The "amateurish" comment was, well.... amateurish on Rogan's part. But still not as egregious as the Jan/Izzy fight. I can understand the Khabib/Al thing because Al was the underdog. Opposite situation for Jan/Izzy, and Rogan was being a shameless shill that night.

We're all jealous of Joe Rogan and what he gets to do for a living I reckon, that's why he tends to cop so much shit on here.

It is, which is why can NEVER be considered "GOAT" LMFAO.
People who do say he's GOAT are just idiots who hate McGregor lol

Rogan is the greatest announcer in the history of human spoken language.
No bias.

I love Rogan's zest and enthusiasm but he's made the most outlandish claims over the years it's hard to take anything he says seriously. He'll say the opposite the next PPV about the same fighter.

That said he's still miles better than anything coming out of the mouths of Anik, DC or Bisping.

The Statler/Waldorf effect of Rogan and Goldie is sorely missed imo. The current crop tries too hard and comes off pretty hackish most nights, Joe now himself as well.

His wrestling is so feared it makes his striking more effective...

But no he’s not a great striker

Rogan’s the same dude that was creaming his pants over Ronda’s striking

Man back in the day I used to love joe and now I can't fucking stand him. He's such a shill it's sickening. He has clear favorites and is so bias it hurts. Jan vs izzy as Jan was out landing izzy rogan said izzy was winning and DC (who I hate) started laughing and said ok joe.
Man, DC was his partner in crime that night. Wasn’t DC the one who said Jan needs to do more to secure a victory while he was outstriking Izzy?

Rogan is right but Khabib's bread and butter is the ground game. His striking is serviceable along with his skill set. It is awkward but it works really well for him.

Rogan's commentary plays off preconceived notions and expectations. He doesn't call what he's seeing but what he expects to see.

Khabib not taking a guy down? Khabib must be struggling.
Jan standing up with Izzy? Izzy must be winning.
Ronda exists? She's a once in a species specimen.
<mma4>

Back