Media Joe Rogan calls Khabib's striking amateurish

Rogan owes all of his success to the fact he is a cock-sucking hypeman.
I mean, what is the guy good at? He isn't particularly bright, has a very superficial knowledge, is an "expert" who never competed, on top of being 5.2.
And his skills as a "comedian" are just as good as the ones of all the other unfunny comedians he has on his show all the time.
Callen, Rogan and Schaub are the perfect examples that show that you don't always need to be good at something to become rich and successful, being a chill who knows how to suck influent and successful people's dicks can be enough.

I love Rogan's zest and enthusiasm but he's made the most outlandish claims over the years it's hard to take anything he says seriously. He'll say the opposite the next PPV about the same fighter.

That said he's still miles better than anything coming out of the mouths of Anik, DC or Bisping.

The Statler/Waldorf effect of Rogan and Goldie is sorely missed imo. The current crop tries too hard and comes off pretty hackish most nights, Joe now himself as well.
I clearly don't get the hate DC gets.
He is very unprofessional but a super knowledgeable guy, and as a fan I'd rather have some guy explaining a few things about what's going on in the wrestling department than Rogan yelling for every punch that misses...

I actually showed this to one other person who was saying joe could outstrike ufc fighters and the guy actually replied that joe was going "easy" on john wayne Parr lol
Glad someone reposted that video, hadn't seen it in years.

Khabib has been labeled an awful striker to P4P best striker and everything in between a bunch of times...

Can spin it any way you like, Max Holloway is shit at striking because he can't KO, oh actually no he's GOAT kickboxer cos he just broke a record for numbers..

Khabib is shit at wrestling cos he has to take down all of his opponents multiple times.

Khabib is amazing at wrestling cos he takes his opponents down multiple times.

<DCWhoa>< this giggly obese dude could humiliate 99% of the best strikers who have ever lived.

I've never heard Rogan be wrong before?

I clearly don't get the hate DC gets.
He is very unprofessional but a super knowledgeable guy, and as a fan I'd rather have some guy explaining a few things about what's going on in the wrestling department than Rogan yelling for every punch that misses...
Unprofessional is absolutely correct. He's constantly sounding like he's chatting with a buddy on a couch, awkward slips and all. It's really not a complicated sport imo, so getting knowledgeable people isn't a problem. You need the whole general package of presentation and most of these ex-fighters don't have it imo.

No question Joe has his own quirks and problems, especially as he's aging. But I still think that the UFC is killing itself by removing those unique identifiers (ie Rogan/Goldie, fighter outfits/sponsorship, etc.) and going for that trim appearance. It's fighting, there needs to be some flair and spectacle.

Go show him how it's done Joe

It's incredible how much he looks like shit in this one.
I mean, when you see him on the pads or on the bag, he doesn't look bad at all, I know it's different when someone doesn't hit you back, but common in his sparring footage he looks worse than someone who has done MT for 6 months, it doesn't even make sense. He puts his head in the air, drops his hands while kicking or punching with the opposite arm, form is horrendous, has no distance management at all, I'm really shocked.
Maybe this is imputable to the fact the sparring is too light to look fast and crisp, but common...

Last edited:
Joe is 100% correct. Khabib's striking is OK at best. He has freakishly good wrestling that enables him to win in the UFC. I'm convinced that many fans cannot view things objectively.

Unprofessional is absolutely correct. He's constantly sounding like he's chatting with a buddy on a couch, awkward slips and all. It's really not a complicated sport imo, so getting knowledgeable people isn't a problem. You need the whole general package of presentation and most of these ex-fighters don't have it imo.

No question Joe has his own quirks and problems, especially as he's aging. But I still think that the UFC is killing itself by removing those unique identifiers (ie Rogan/Goldie, fighter outfits/sponsorship, etc.) and going for that trim appearance. It's fighting, there needs to be some flair and spectacle.
I actually think it's one of the most complicated combat sports after bjj/submission grappling.

The commentary during that fight was straight up ridiculous.

Khabib outlanded Iaquinta by like 80-100 strikes on the feet and somehow Rogan still found a way to criticize Khabib for that.

EDIT:
Khabib outlanded Iaquinta 100 : 41 for sign. strikes on the feet.

Khabib outboxing another wrestler does not make his striking good

Joe is 100% correct. Khabib's striking is OK at best. He has freakishly good wrestling that enables him to win in the UFC. I'm convinced that many fans cannot view things objectively.
The real question that we need to ask ourselves is to know what would happen if all the top 15 LW fought in the ONE FC small gloves MT ruleset.
I don't think Khabib would do bad. His striking is unorthodox and he keeps his chin in the air, but he has good reflexes, good hand speed, an amazing chin and an unending gas tank.

It is. His take down and the threat of getting your ass beat makes his striking work at all. Because the threat of that outweighs everything he could possibly do on his feet.

29 fights never kod a guy. On his feet. This isn’t a knock. But when you’re so fantastic in one area you can shine in other in mma as a guy is fearing a certain part of your game.

khabib has bad striking. He didn’t drop Conor for a second because it was his great striking. It’s everything else he does so well.

jeremy horn has more standing stoppages than khabib just for perspective

It's incredible how much he looks like shit in this one.
I mean, when you see him on the pads or on the bag, he doesn't look bad at all, I know it's different when someone doesn't hit you back, but common in his sparring footage he looks worse than someone who has done MT for 6 months, it doesn't even make sense. He puts his head in the air, drops his hands while kicking or punching with the opposite arm, form is horrendous, has no distance management at all, I'm really shocked.
Maybe this is imputable to the fact the sparring is too light to look fast and crisp, but common...
Joe doesnt like getting punched in the face. He's admitted before that when he went from tkd to kickboxing he was getting lit up by guys who had better boxing than him and rather than training to improve on his flaws he just stopped trying to be a fighter and says that he was worried about getting cte. Getting punched is probably something he never got comfortable doing and he just made up the cte stories as an excuse for why he could stop fighting or have to face guys in the gym. Keep in mind this is from years ago, nowadays he doesnt even train much because he's gotten older and developed more joint problems. No way in hell only 50 untrained people out there could beat him

Prototypical shit on rogan thread

He likes it when you shit on him

Khabib outboxing another wrestler does not make his striking good
Iaquinta - while not being a world beater - has relatively decent boxing and it's not like Khabib outstruck him by a small margin; it wasn't even close on the feet.

People around here have said that forever...

Back