News Joe Rogan acquires ‘High Hopes’

People are calling this surrealism?
I mean, it's technically well done but just drawing a tiger jumping at a rocket? I don't get it and yes, part of surrealism is "not getting it", but atleast go all out!
I see a lot of people in this thread whining about examples when others say the same thing as me so:

1469602682_large-image_dali-dream-caused-by-flight-of-a-bee-1944-lg.jpg

It even has tigers and it's called Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate By Salvador Dali. Now that's surrealism.

Can someone PLEASE get a hold of Ja Rule and get his thoughts on the matter

hmmmmm Max’s stuff for some reason makes me think of Bosch.

the Kingdom Death : Monster boardgame art is ok lol, but if I want fantasy art it’s Frazetta forever lol. Is the game any good?

Joel (artist in OP) does have a consistency to his vibe that I like, ad well as appreciating it from a technical stand point. Kind of like some TV series you need to see more to get into it’s vibe lol

anyways thx for giving egs of shat you like. Art is subjective and that’s what makes it great I guess

You need to spend time with the game but then its maybe the greateat experience you will have witha Board game. Very unique gameplay mechanism with longterm Motivation. Not a game for you If you dont like possible permadeath and a dark theme

I mean, it's technically well done but just drawing a tiger jumping at a rocket? I don't get it and yes, part of surrealism is "not getting it", but atleast go all out!
I see a lot of people in this thread whining about examples when others say the same thing as me so:

It even has tigers and it's called Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate By Salvador Dali. Now that's surrealism.

<GOT3>

Your post seems a little whiney too buddeh lol

Let’s not get it twisted... ONE person (me) asked TWO people for examples NOT of surrealism but for examples of works they liked. One gave examples one did not.

You have posted a cliche image of the most obvious Surrealist, and your post reeks of having mot even bothered to check out more of the artists work before decrying it on a public forum.

shame on you.

Damn. I love Dali and you're right... That's some surrealism for you. Can't be compared.

You need to spend time with the game but then its maybe the greateat experience you will have witha Board game. Very unique gameplay mechanism with longterm Motivation. Not a game for you If you dont like possible permadeath and a dark theme

to be honest I have never played anything other than chess etc, and don’t know what permadeath is. But I might just try it out! You never know.

Hard for me to get into art with Bosch, Max Ernst, Leon Kelly, Roberto Matta, Salvador Dali & Andre Breton all dead.

All I have left is Lora Zombie, and she’s fickle. One of her newer pieces “Welcome To Yourself” wasn’t bad, but meh. I preferred “Universe” or “Fire Girl”

surrealism is dead, give me some Stephen Lyman.

shit he’s dead, too..

“Cathedral Snow” hit me hard

Oh snap, almost forgot René Magritte

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-18_2-33-15.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-18_2-33-15.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 6
My fave

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-18_2-36-49.png
    upload_2020-2-18_2-36-49.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 5
That is actually a beautiful painting.

Good for Joe for supporting art.

Not my type of art necessarily, but it's supremely well done, stop hating on the guy (and his art).

Seems like these paintings should all have Queen's Don't Stop Me Now playing in the background.

I'm a shooting star, leaving through the sky
Like a tiger, defying the laws of gravity

Hey, if it was good enough for Shazam...

Back