News Joe Rogan acquires ‘High Hopes’

Looks like something poor white people would have on a beadspread.

If tigers go extinct, we all deserve to die.

technically looks like it is an extremely well done painting. but it looks stupid as fuck to me

An artist can do what he wants and its art but I agree with you.

Wouldnt say stupid but imo it lacks any artistic expression. No emotion or process woven into. Feels like someone who can paint but is a boring as it can be personality without creativity.

In terms of being art is not even mediocre. Would rather watch some 80s heavy metal covers as more "artsy".

An artist can do what he wants and its art but I agree with you.

Wouldnt say stupid but imo it lacks any artistic expression. No emotion or process woven into. Feels like someone who can paint but is a boring as it can be personality without creativity.

In terms of being art is not even mediocre. Would rather watch some 80s heavy metal covers as more "artsy".

post up something you like to illustrate your point

Looks like some shit you'd buy at the black market or state fair

That shit gonna trigger Edgy brah so hard
Lmao. Nice art

I'm saving my pennies for the tiger watching Fight Pass with a can of Xyience on the coffee table. I wanna say it's called "Hardcore Success" but not sure

Last edited:
post up something you like to illustrate your point

One of my favourite painters is Max Beckmann. Or the netherlands 15-1700 with Frans Hals..etc Looking up a Frans Hals painting he did as a child even is mesmerizing. Maybe just look him up. I dont have much appreciation for most of modern art nowadays as its often more about being unique as being themselves and expressing themselves through painting.

I would say the reason we appreciate old art often more is because

1) they did learn 10 and more years the skills and could not sell under their own name until they really mastered it. The level of skill is unmatched. Just reading about Rembrandts time what it meant to get to be a painter.

2) hardship in life and insights into life combined with high level of education. You have to have something worth telling.

Some of the most beautiful but also most sad lyrics was written after WWII. There is a reason to that. Nelly Sachs, Paul Celan, Hilde Domin. Some of the greatest german writers in general from 1900-1960s with Thomas Mann, Lenz, Grass...etc. You cant be shielded from reality and grow a deep life. Thats just my understanding and how its mirrored in art.

Everyone surely can have his own idea of it. In the end its about enjoying something and getting maybe an insight / emotion from it. That can also be done with 80s Heavy Metal Art for some :D

I f.e. love the art style of the board game Kingdom Death: Monster. Its opulent and way over the top often but I just love it.

Last edited:
One of my favourite painters is Max Beckmann. Or the netherlands 15-1700 with Frans Hals..etc Looking up a Frans Hals painting he did as a child even is mesmerizing. Maybe just look him up. I dont have much appreciation for most of modern art nowadays as its often more about being unique as being themselves and expressing themselves through painting.

I would say the reason we appreciate old art often more is because

1) they did learn 10 and more years the skills and could not sell under their own name until they really mastered it. The level of skill is unmatched. Just reading about Rembrandts time what it meant to get to be a painter.

2) hardship in life and insights into life combined with high level of education. You have to have something worth telling.

Some of the most beautiful but also most sad lyrics was written after WWII. There is a reason to that. Nelly Sachs, Paul Celan, Hilde Domin. Some of the greatest german writers in general from 1900-1960s with Thomas Mann, Lenz, Grass...etc. You cant be shielded from reality and grow a deep life. Thats just my understanding and how its mirrored in art.

Everyone surely can have his own idea of it. In the end its about enjoying something and getting maybe an insight / emotion from it. That can also be done with 80s Heavy Metal Art for some :D

I f.e. love the art style of the board game Kingdom Death: Monster. Its opulent and way over the top often but I just love it.

hmmmmm Max’s stuff for some reason makes me think of Bosch.

the Kingdom Death : Monster boardgame art is ok lol, but if I want fantasy art it’s Frazetta forever lol. Is the game any good?

Joel (artist in OP) does have a consistency to his vibe that I like, ad well as appreciating it from a technical stand point. Kind of like some TV series you need to see more to get into it’s vibe lol

anyways thx for giving egs of shat you like. Art is subjective and that’s what makes it great I guess

And you expected anything different from pink floyd? How have you not heard that song before? Must be a youngin

Only floyd song I know is ‘Wish you were here’
- and only cos Wyclef Jean covered it lol

I am not very young though I wish I was :( - just never a Pink floyd person

Only floyd song I know is ‘Wish you were here’
- and only cos Wyclef Jean covered it lol

I am not very young though I wish I was :( - just never a Pink floyd person

You're missing out, IMO, but to each their own. I mean I think you have terrible taste in favorite fighters, too (Ronda, Conor... probably Jones too) but you have handled yourself remarkably mature ITT so I could be a little wrong about you.

You're missing out, IMO, but to each their own. I mean I think you have terrible taste in favorite fighters, too (Ronda, Conor... probably Jones too) but you have handled yourself remarkably mature ITT so I could be a little wrong about you.

Yeah I am trying to turn over a new leaf. We will see lol

And JON JONES?

<36>

He’s scum lol.

I’ll give PF a listen again tomoz but do avoid things that might lead me to depressing thoughts as I’ve had problems with that.

Back