News Joe Rogan acquires ‘High Hopes’

Yeah I know, but still acknowledgement
Fair enough. I try to pretend like the last 2 Pink Floyd albums don’t exist. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great tracks and phenomenal guitar playing, but the Waters-less era was hallow and disingenuous. Sounds like they wanted to make a ‘Pink Floyd’ album but hadn’t the slightest clue what that truly was. Not that the Final Cut was close to their best effort either, but it was an honest album (albeit basically a Roger waters effort). Anyway, to me, they are the greatest band ever and it’s not even close.

Fair enough. I try to pretend like the last 2 Pink Floyd albums don’t exist. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great tracks and phenomenal guitar playing, but the Waters-less era was hallow and disingenuous. Sounds like they wanted to make a ‘Pink Floyd’ album but hadn’t the slightest clue what that truly was. Not that the Final Cut was close to their best effort either, but it was an honest album (albeit basically a Roger waters effort). Anyway, to me, they are the greatest band ever and it’s not even close.

I can see what you mean and the early albums always have such a more professional feel than the later ones. I can’t even listen to final cut. Just don’t like the sound. I think for me it’s pink Floyd #1 for sure. Other worldly music

The rich persons equiv of the "hang in there" kitten poster

That picture would fit in a normal mans wallet.

giphy.gif

Yeah, saw the "to" error and was ceebs fixing it.

Coldplay and Nickelback are basically emo depressing singers, just listen to any of their songs and you'll realise just from their tone. Also look up "Nickelback look at this photograph", the meme is great, but you'll need to see the music video first.

yeah I was only being funny about the 'to' lol. ceebs = CBFd?

Ok, I checked them out. lol yeah pretty low quality stuff haha, but the Nickleback take-off memes were funny. thx

I still don't get the bands reference to me, or the artist, or the painting, or Joe or whatever the hell @Mortal Wombat was trying say, but that's for him to elucidate

You're missing out, IMO, but to each their own. I mean I think you have terrible taste in favorite fighters, too (Ronda, Conor... probably Jones too) but you have handled yourself remarkably mature ITT so I could be a little wrong about you.

Aye, I tried again for an hour or so on Spotify but just couldn't really get into it. Am amazed at the loyal fans they have though, as shown in this thread, that's cool.

BTW When I first responded to this message, I wanted to respond about the Jones comment with 'hell no, haven't you seen my JJ PED anus thread', and link to it, lol, but when I used the Sherdog search function I couldn't find it and it looked like it had been deleted, which was disappointing. Anyways it bugged me enough that I used Google and found it lol. Not gonna bump it for now, but here's a link for a laugh (it might make you throw your maturity comment out the window tho lol):

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/could-jon-jones-be-using-suppositories-ped-in-his-anus.3885653/

Take it easy man.

Edit:

a strange thing tho, Wyclef Jean is one of my fav musicians / people and he LOVES Pink Floyd. It's a funny world!

Last edited:
I can see what you mean and the early albums always have such a more professional feel than the later ones. I can’t even listen to final cut. Just don’t like the sound. I think for me it’s pink Floyd #1 for sure. Other worldly music
Yessir. If I'm stranded on an island (pun intended), and I was given only 4 albums to take with me. It would be so easy.

Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Animals
The Wall

Played in many classic rock bands in dive bars etc, but Pink Floyd strikes a much deeper nerve for me. Still love Led Zeppelin, The Band, Neil Young, The Doors, etc.

Back