Joe NoBrain "I'm revising my thinking about this virus."

We will all look back on this the most sensationalized, most over-exaggerated "pandemic" in history.
I wish you were right bur the people dying in the streets of Italy and Spain say otherwise.

Give it a few more weeks and the US will be the same. All your hospitals will be overrun in a matter of 6-8 weeks unless you take action.

What state/ city do you live in out of interest?

We will all look back on this the most sensationalized, most over-exaggerated "pandemic" in history.
Try saying exactly that to the families of the hundreds-of-thousands of American citizens who are going to be dead of this virus in 2020. See how many knowing nods you get from that, you twit.

Last edited:
I wish you were right bur the people dying in the streets of Italy and Spain say otherwise.

Give it a few more weeks and the US will be the same. All your hospitals will be overrun in a matter of 6-8 weeks unless you take action.

What state/ city do you live in out of interest?
I'm in south Florida, there is a disproportionate elderly population here.
There is an active campaign of people posting video of hospital parking lots, and they're all empty. Contrary to what we've been told, hospitals are not overrun with COVID-19 patients, and the staff is being sent home. The hospital parking lots are 99% empty.
Yes, I know, everything is subject to change, and who knows, maybe that will happen.
But as it stands right now, we're being lied to.

There is an active campaign of people posting video of hospital parking lots, and they're all empty. Contrary to what we've been told, hospitals are not overrun with COVID-19 patients, and the staff is being sent home. The hospital parking lots are 99% empty.
Yes, I know, everything is subject to change, and who knows, maybe that will happen.
read / watch this from New York:
https://abc7ny.com/suny-downstate-medical-center-brooklyn-east-flatbush-coronavirus-nyc/6081284/

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/05/health/inside-new-york-coronavirus-hospital/index.html

don't tell me, that's all completely fabricated and lies, right?

You seem angry that my opinion is different from yours. Some people refer to that as being a "Nazi".

I'm not asking you or anyone else to agree.
not angry in the slightest, just amazed how you can be that naive.
It's also amazing you are calling me a "Nazi" for pointing out that this is a serious situation and a lot of fine American citizens will die. That's irrational and absolutely inflammatory. What has an evil regime in Europe in the 1940s got to do with this pandemic or calm discussions about it??

I don't know. However, I absolutely do believe that this crisis is being sensationalized, therefore I'm skeptical of most everything I see and read.
And I'm going to remain skeptical.

not angry in the slightest, just amazed how you can be that naive.
It's also amazing you are calling me a "Nazi" for pointing out that this is a serious situation and a lot of fine American citizens will die. That's irrational and absolutely inflammatory. What has an evil regime in Europe in the 1940s got to do with this pandemic or calm discussions about it??
No, I referenced Nazism because your tone seemed intolerant of a dissenting opinion.

Perhaps I mistook your tone, and you were in fact calling me a "twit" as a way of applauding my right to my own opinion. If so, I apologize.

No, I referenced Nazism because your tone seemed intolerant of a dissenting opinion.

Perhaps I mistook your tone, and you were in fact calling me a "twit" as a way of applauding my right to my own opinion. If so, I apologize.
i'm absolutely fine with dissenting opinion, even if I don't agree with it at all. I can sometimes express my disagreement in an unfortunate tone, so sorry about that. On that - I retract the 'twit' word.

If you don't think it's an extremely worrying virus at this point you're clinically braindead

Even today in England the police are having to break up neighbourhoods having BBQ's, all this virus is really doing is exposing how many idiots live around you
The mother of idiots is always pregnant-
An old Italian saying

i bet youu’re the kind of TWAT that thinks if people don’t pat you on the back and tell you your opinion is worthwhile that they are oppressing you. Grow the fuck up. If people call you a twit and think what you’re saying is moronic, that’s just them expressing their own opinion.

TLDR: you sound like a moronic thin skinned twat.

It's great to be sceptical, but why aren't you sceptical of those denying the crisis when the vast majority of experts agree?

Italy was very sceptical of the virus. They held "hug a Chinese person day" to combat racism. That ended up with people dead in the streets. Spain was sceptical. They went ahead with international women's day marches.

There isn't an outbreak in Florida yet. But the modelling for the virus spread is consistent. Without strict social distancing it runs wild.

Look at Italy. They acted late. BOOM. elderly suffocating to death in the street.

Australia acted early. Look at their spread. Minimal.

What incentive does anyone have to make up the significance of the virus?

#filmyourhospitals...mostly showing total ghost towns in hospitals across the US...most testing centers completely abandoned too with no one even manning them...Italy already said 99% of deaths had severe underlying issues...CBS was caught running footage of Italy's icu's claiming it was NYC

Even those numbers won't be accurate, and in reality would be much lower. I have to think, that the majority of cases go unreported. Most would be asymptomatic or mild, in which case there would be no testing.

so the death rate would be much lower, as would the rate of cases ending up in the ICU.

Of course it is still a problem and there is an increased demand on health resources that has to be mitigated and managed though.
My understanding of it , is that it is in fact higher, they finding out that ( in Italy for example ) people are keeping their sick at home cos they dont want them to die alone , those statistcs are missing from the death count

I don't know. However, I absolutely do believe that this crisis is being sensationalized, therefore I'm skeptical of most everything I see and read.
And I'm going to remain skeptical.
go volunteer at the hospital then if think its over sensationalised

when i say the thing is only getting started i don't mean that the virus entered US territory now. i mean the US is at the beginning of the exponential curve.

WHO has estimated R to be between 2 and 2.5, and several other sources have had it at 3. but i agree that it really doesn't matter at all to the argument that i'm trying to make here. 2 still means exponential growth and it's horrifying.

you seem to think that out of the 50%, very few people will require hospitalisation. are you paying any attention to what's going on in NY? do you understand what's going on in italy and spain? the two worst hot spots in europe are in countries in total lockdown, and it took weeks for italy to finally somewhat slow down the progress. not stop it, just slow it down.

even if every number i cite here is wrong, if i'm off by a multiplier of 100, you're still seeing reports from actual hospitals saying they're at maximum capacity and can't handle any new patients. you're seeing this right now, when numbers aren't showing any indication whatsoever of slowing down. do you understand what i'm saying? forget the numbers and predictions i'm citing. just look at the current state.

do you feel like the country can just forget about having any healthcare available for a few months? because with an overrun system, that's what happens. cancer treatment, appendixes, concussions, car crashes, fires... people that need any kind of medical attention are fucked because there simply aren't enough people in any hospital to help them out. even if we go the selfish asshole route and say fuck it, only the weak will die from this, all of us healthy young bucks don't give a flying fuck about these feeble inferiors... even if we do that, are you truly willing to gamble your life on this, knowing that whatever bad thing happens to you or your loved ones in the next couple of months, no doctors are available to help you out?

people like you keep saying we need to save the economy because the consequences of staying in lockdown will be worse in the long run. you don't understand than an unchecked pandemic causing literal millions of deaths will also fuck up the economy. not slow it down, drive it to the fucking ground. so your current choice isn't death or immense economical damage. the damage is already off the table and is happening regardless.

Sigh, so tired of this hyperbole BS.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...avits-and-on-navy-ship-have-been-largely-empt

No they are not over run at over capacity, look I don't need someone ranting to me about MSM reporting.

What other credible source has put it at 3???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/6785895/coronavirus-new-york-new-jersey/amp/

There's another link that it's starting to slow down in New York and New Jersey.

So again stop with your panic frenzy rants, grow a pair and use some common sense.

look at Iceland's numbers they have tested the largest percentage of their population. Now looking at those numbers do you think we should be destroying millions of people's lives with a quarantine policy that is highly ineffective in stopping the spread of the virus.

look at Iceland's numbers they have tested the largest percentage of their population. Now looking at those numbers do you think we should be destroying millions of people's lives with a quarantine policy that is highly ineffective in stopping the spread of the virus.

Iceland is indeed the most interesting country.

Latest from Oxford University:

Iceland: (Update 28th March)
Iceland has tested a higher proportion of people than any other country (9,768 individuals), equivalent to 26,762 per million inhabitants the highest in the world (as a comparison, South Korea has tested 6,343 individuals).

Screening suggests 0.5% are infected; the correct figure is likely higher due to asymptomatics and many not seeking testing: estimates suggest the real number infected is 1%.

Iceland, currently reports two deaths in 963 patients, CFR. 0.21%. If 1% of the population (364,000) is infected, then the corresponding IFR would be 0.05%. However, they have limited infections in the elderly as their test and quarantine measures have seemingly shielded this group, and the deaths will lag by about two weeks after the infection.

Iceland’s higher rates of testing, the smaller population, and their ability to ascertain all those with Sars-CoV-2 means they can obtain. an accurate estimate of the CFR and the IFR during the pandemic (most countries will only be able to do this after the pandemic). Current data from Iceland suggests their IFR is somewhere between 0.01% and 0.19%."

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/

Coronavirus really exposing just how many mma fans are brain-dead right-wing idiots.

Back