Joe NoBrain "I'm revising my thinking about this virus."

#filmyourhospitals...mostly showing total ghost towns in hospitals across the US...most testing centers completely abandoned too with no one even manning them...Italy already said 99% of deaths had severe underlying issues...CBS was caught running footage of Italy's icu's claiming it was NYC

Oxygen thief

look at Iceland's numbers they have tested the largest percentage of their population. Now looking at those numbers do you think we should be destroying millions of people's lives with a quarantine policy that is highly ineffective in stopping the spread of the virus.

Yes, Iceland with its one and only international airport............................................................................................. :rolleyes:

If you don't think it's an extremely worrying virus at this point you're clinically braindead

Even today in England the police are having to break up neighbourhoods having BBQ's, all this virus is really doing is exposing how many idiots live around you
For real though about the idiots

#filmyourhospitals...mostly showing total ghost towns in hospitals across the US...most testing centers completely abandoned too with no one even manning them...Italy already said 99% of deaths had severe underlying issues...CBS was caught running footage of Italy's icu's claiming it was NYC

Use your brain man. Do you know why hospitals are empty? Because everyone is terrified to visit their ED? And you realize this is regional right? Of course Iowa’s hospitals will not look like NYCs. Italy did NOT say that. They said a lower % and had comorbidities. Do you know what % of society has comorbid conditions? And the apex of the curve has not hit most areas at all. And we enacted social distancing which has significantly cut down on the spread. Which is literally the whole point. It’s good that hospitals have empty beds. That wasn’t the case in Italy and many places in America. What we are doing is working to some extent. And spare me the 15 year Great Depression ahead. You all want to scream about sensationalism? Look in the mirror. Relax. May and June stuff will open again, and economy will begin to recover. 15 years...

Yes, Iceland with its one and only international airport............................................................................................. :rolleyes:
What does that have to do with the fact Iceland has tested a much higher percentage of ts population than the majority of the world's other countries. The more you test in the general population the more accurate your numbers are. Keep on thinking lockdowns work despite no real data outside of projections that are looking to more and more to have over estimated the how lethal the virus actually is.

What does that have to do with the fact Iceland has tested a much higher percentage of ts population than the majority of the world's other countries. The more you test in the general population the more accurate your numbers are. Keep on thinking lockdowns work despite no real data outside of projections that are looking to more and more to have over estimated the how lethal the virus actually is.

look at Iceland's numbers they have tested the largest percentage of their population. Now looking at those numbers do you think we should be destroying millions of people's lives with a quarantine policy that is highly ineffective in stopping the spread of the virus.

Iceland is not the world. It is an outlier.
Detached from the rest of the world with only one international airport. To compare it to the likes of the UK, the US, or even small little Ireland with 5 International Airports is twisted thinking.
The low numbers of infected in Iceland are low due to its detachment..... testing or no testing.
For example what percentage of sherdoggers do you think have ever been to Iceland vs the UK or Europe?
Now what percentage of Chinese do you think have ever been to Iceland vs the UK or Europe?

You cannot use the same yardstick to judge whether you should lockdown Iceland as you would for the US, the UK or Europe.

700 dead in NY alone today.

Wait until most US cities are like that....

It definitely seems to be a problem with the right at the moment, but I see a growing contingent of conspiracy theorists pushing the agenda that every politician is the same and they're all 'in on it' together, when you go up high enough. Lots of them seem to be functionally apolitical and just don't believe anything said by anyone with any degree of power.

I agree with your assessment of the GOP and Fox news insanity. I don't even see how anyone could deny it at this point. Trump is responsible for a lot of it, but he's also a symptom of a problem that's been growing for a while.

People knowing not to trust politicians isn't some new phenomenon.

Iceland is not the world. It is an outlier.
Detached from the rest of the world with only one international airport. To compare it to the likes of the UK, the US, or even small little Ireland with 5 International Airports is twisted thinking.
The low numbers of infected in Iceland are low due to its detachment..... testing or no testing.
For example what percentage of sherdoggers do you think have ever been to Iceland vs the UK or Europe?
Now what percentage of Chinese do you think have ever been to Iceland vs the UK or Europe?

You cannot use the same yardstick to judge whether you should lockdown Iceland as you would for the US, the UK or Europe.
Iceland actually has a more confirmed cases per capita than the U.S. yet has much lower mortality rate. I would argue the twisted thinking is way less testing per capita has a clearer mortality rate. You also realize that the the most sited model in the U.S. has pretty consistently been predicting a significantly larger mortality rate and hospitalization rate than has actually happened despite consistently lowering projections.

Should a 90 yr old with various health conditions consider quarantine probably, should millions of people under the age of 40 be forced out of work and bear all those well documented consequences because elderly who are already in bad health are vulnerable, that sets a terrifying precedent. Remember the people who are ordering these lockdowns still have their jobs, will claim the lockdowns were necessary and saved lives, and will act like they are some sorta of hero when they offer assistance to the businesses they fucked over.

It should never be be presented as a choice of completely sabotaging the economy or people will die. A lot of people die every day. Look up TB, look up the flu,we don't shut all these nations down for those diseases. Everyone I have been in contact with for the last two week were at work or home. I didn't tell anyone they had to come to either there choice. I want the choice to conduct my business freely, to got the businesses I want to if they chose to stay open, I want you to have that option also. But I guess those of us who think massive lockdowns are silly for the segment of people with less than a 1% chance to die from this shit, areassholes who want grandma to die.

should millions of people under the age of 40 be forced out of work and bear all those well documented consequences because elderly who are already in bad health are vulnerable, that sets a terrifying precedent..

Lockdown frees up hospitals to treat those affected. A free for all like you are advocating would see hospitals and their already overworked staff swamped. When the doctors and nurses are ill and worn out who will treat anyone, regardless of their ailment.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-flatten-the-curve.html

But I guess those of us who think massive lockdowns are silly for the segment of people with less than a 1% chance to die from this shit, areassholes who want grandma to die.

You do not have to die to tie up a hospital bed...... and if you recover (no matter your age) you may end up with compromised lungs for the rest of your life......... putting more strain on families and the health service down the line when even a common flu will endanger you due to your weakened lungs.

Look up TB, look up the flu,we don't shut all these nations down for those diseases.

Come back to me when TB and a common flu is bursting hospitals at the seams in Italy and Spain, plus causing the likes of this...........

Where are you from trinerigelado2?

Last edited:
Iceland actually has a more confirmed cases per capita than the U.S. yet has much lower mortality rate. I would argue the twisted thinking is way less testing per capita has a clearer mortality rate. You also realize that the the most sited model in the U.S. has pretty consistently been predicting a significantly larger mortality rate and hospitalization rate than has actually happened despite consistently lowering projections.

Should a 90 yr old with various health conditions consider quarantine probably, should millions of people under the age of 40 be forced out of work and bear all those well documented consequences because elderly who are already in bad health are vulnerable, that sets a terrifying precedent. Remember the people who are ordering these lockdowns still have their jobs, will claim the lockdowns were necessary and saved lives, and will act like they are some sorta of hero when they offer assistance to the businesses they fucked over.

It should never be be presented as a choice of completely sabotaging the economy or people will die. A lot of people die every day. Look up TB, look up the flu,we don't shut all these nations down for those diseases. Everyone I have been in contact with for the last two week were at work or home. I didn't tell anyone they had to come to either there choice. I want the choice to conduct my business freely, to got the businesses I want to if they chose to stay open, I want you to have that option also. But I guess those of us who think massive lockdowns are silly for the segment of people with less than a 1% chance to die from this shit, areassholes who want grandma to die.

OK, so do give us a solution that will stop or slow down the spread of this thing and flatten the curve. an estimated 10-20% of all people diagnosed with the virus require medical care. what exactly should we do that does not include a lockdown and will not completely overwhelm the healthcare system?

the people who forced the lockdown are literally, not figuratively, saving lives. this isn't debatable. as long as hospitals still operate and people can get treated, the lockdown and social distancing works.

a lot of people die every day, and yet italy and spain got completely run over. did a lot of people not die there before this virus? is this some sort of coincidence?

this is bs analysis. His friend could have a myriad of illnesses, just cause the he "looks good" means shit.

This post did not age well. And it's only going to look stupider every day.

Also, the Spanish flu is literally just the flu bro. Literally just the flu.

The layers of irony here are rich. The new projected worst case death scenario is now about 63,000 deaths, which if added to the known flu deaths (about 24,000) would add up to a slightly worse than normal flu season.

To put this in perspective 80,000 people died of the flu in 2018.

Also, comparing it to the Spanish flu is laughable.

17-50 million people died of the Spanish flu outbreak. We likely won’t even crack half a million at this rate, if we even hit the 200 to 300 thousand range, globally.

How fucking stupid do you look now, you stupid bitch?

<{outtahere}>

The layers of irony here are rich. The new projected worst case death scenario is now about 63,000 deaths, which if added to the known flu deaths (about 24,000) would add up to a slightly worse than normal flu season.

To put this in perspective 80,000 people died of the flu in 2018.

Also, comparing it to the Spanish flu is laughable.

17-50 million people died of the Spanish flu outbreak. We likely won’t even crack half a million at this rate, if we even hit the 200 to 300 thousand range, globally.

How fucking stupid do you look now, you stupid bitch?

<{outtahere}>
Time is going to tell brother. You won't find it funny when your friends, relatives and colleagues die.
<{outtahere}>

You do realise the revised projections are a result of taking drastic drastic action.... Like shutting down the global economy

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a hell of a drug.

I was just talking about how this crisis has really illuminated the difference between smart people who appreciate science and human progress, and dumb people who use our advancements to put themselves in echo chambers where they have their retarded opinions reinforced. These people are off the deep end and truly hopeless, once they get to the point where they assume everything is a conspiracy.

It's such a stark contrast from smart people who are open to new information, whenever it can be proven. They're constantly prefacing their opinions, by saying when something isn't the field they specialize in so someone else might know more or if they're not up to date on the most recent data. They have a healthy respect for being potentially disproven, and they don't want to be overly confident and wind up being wrong. That's very common in science.

Some of the most intelligent people who are actually contributing to the fight against this virus are often the most humble, whereas idiots think their opinion is worth as much as an infectious disease expert's. It's the American backlash against intellectualism that gave rise to Trump at its apex. Most of these people seem to want some sort of control or understanding of what's going on around them, in a world where they're becoming increasingly impotent and useless.

IQ is only going to become more important as time goes on, when it comes to a person's ability to advance in life. There's an increase in social stratification happening in our society because of technological progress. It seems like this has contributed to the prominence of conspiracy idiots. It helps them make sense of things and feel better about themselves. They're not the problem, it's everything that's going on around them and you're just brainwashed if you can't see that. They are some of the most pathetic, deranged losers I've ever had the misfortune of interacting with.

Stumbled on this quote today. It sums up a lot of what I was trying to get at in this post.

main-qimg-dd67ad3af728a5f2966cfdeecd0a859f.webp

I think it's the same with the people who aren't necessarily as conspiracy-minded, but are still downplaying the threat of the virus. This is a scary moment in history and it's a lot more psychologically comforting to pretend like nothing serious is actually happening. People can't handle that uncertainty and having no control over the situation we're all in.

Time is going to tell brother. You won't find it funny when your friends, relatives and colleagues die.
<{outtahere}>

You do realise the revised projections are a result of taking drastic drastic action.... Like shutting down the global economy

u5e3u7zgycm41.jpg

I got bad news: it is literally just the flu, bro. I mean literally just the flu.

Yep................. just the flu...........

Meanwhile at Hart Island, New York............. Mass graves being filled in with a backhoe loader and excavator.............. but it is just the flu..........SMH.

Ps. Look at the length of that trench.

CKotkWj.jpg

Yep................. just the flu...........

Meanwhile at Hart Island, New York............. Mass graves being filled in with a backhoe loader and excavator.............. but it is just the flu..........SMH.

Ps. Look at the length of that trench.

CKotkWj.jpg
Crisis actors know how to backhoe.

Stumbled on this quote today. It sums up a lot of what I was trying to get at in this post.

main-qimg-dd67ad3af728a5f2966cfdeecd0a859f.webp

I think it's the same with the people who aren't necessarily as conspiracy-minded, but are still downplaying the threat of the virus. This is a scary moment in history and it's a lot more psychologically comforting to pretend like nothing serious is actually happening. People can't handle that uncertainty and having no control over the situation we're all in.

Uh, maybe I'm weird but "rudderless" world is way more comforting.

As chaotic and vicious rudderless world was/is, it was always some cunts in more or less total control committing biggest genocides, cleansings, poverty and ruin. From Genghis Khan to Stalin.

Some cunts having significant power pretty much completely from the shadows.

<{outtahere}>

Predictable answer is predictable: deaths only low because destroy economy and no one leave homes, amirite?

The original projections factored in people scrupulously following the stay at home orders. Particularly the IHME model had this included from the beginning. So it’s not true at all the results we are seeing are significantly attributable to the effectiveness of the stay at home orders.

You fucking plebs are so goddamn stupid it’s unbelievable. You all let yourself get worked up into a psychotic hysteria over the media covering every second of what amounts to a normal flu season. All because old people in Italy were dying of the flu.

And fucking lol at your “colleagues dying”. How do you take yourself seriously when you say shit that’s this nuts?

I hope this grumbling notion gives you some form of comfort when your standing in the FEMA bread lines.

Back