Joe Joyce vs Usyk

Great fight for both fighters big opportunity for joyce to put himself in a position for bigger fights if he can pull off the upset

so who should he be fighting?

he was the mandatory for AJ's belt and they made him step aside so AJ and fury can fight. you approved of that... so those two are out of the picture.

wilder, who just got owned? povetkin and whyte are rematching. usyk just beat chisora. ruiz? i'd like it, but it's not like andy is itching to get a fight any time soon.

so who's left that you won't scoff at?

hunter? he already fought him, so no good.

parker is already fighting someone, and he's not exactly at the top right now either.

luis ortiz?
Who Usyk SHOULD be fighting has no impact on the quality of this fight. Its OK but its not that great, considering he already beat Joyce clean once. This is the third, slow plodding guy in a row he's fought.

He’s slow as molases more so because of the tasty nutritious smoothies I bring him in camp, but he’s shown as slow as he is he still lands fairly easy and his timing is great, I thought the same at first, I was like “how many bombs are top guys going to nail him with between those punches” he’s proven to still be effective, he’s always on the move and has a great tank. There’s a chance he chases Usyk 12 rounds to a UD loss but his style has won me over, im on the train...

Usky has lost a step in speed, and even at CW he was still very touchable, he didn’t pull away far enough from Breidis till mid fight. So Joyce can make it entertaining if he wants it as bad, and he does! The guy fucking dreams Usyk, probably has a poster in his room he shoots BB’s at.

With his hand speed being as slow as it is how long does it take Joyce to reach out and take the smoothie from you? Does your arm get tired from holding the smoothie out there for so long?

Honestly though, i think Joyce has to sell out against Usyk. He has to use his size and strength and corner Usyk and just go for broke, go out on your shield if you that's what it takes, plus Usyk has slowed a bit since the move to HW so there's that.

I think Usyk struggles with the big guys but until then it's easy street.

Who Usyk SHOULD be fighting has no impact on the quality of this fight. Its OK but its not that great, considering he already beat Joyce clean once. This is the third, slow plodding guy in a row he's fought.
everyone at HW is a slow, plodding guy when they fight usyk. that row will extend as long as his HW run.

everyone at HW is a slow, plodding guy when they fight usyk. that row will extend as long as his HW run.
Everyone Usyk has fought at heavy would be slow and plodding against anyone.

Everyone Usyk has fought at heavy would be slow and plodding against anyone.
Sure plenty of posters here are biased vs EE origin fighters.

To give A.J credit for beating 41 y.o beltless Wlad: OK.
To give A.J credit for beating 38 y.o beltless Povetkin and 39 y.o Pulev : OK.
To give Wilder credit for beating 40 y.o Ortiz : OK.

This forum for sure is amazing place.

Usky has lost a step in speed, and even at CW he was still very touchable, he didn’t pull away far enough from Breidis till mid fight.
In WBSS this was prime Usyk. He was lucky that Briedis decided to box not maul him, once when they contacted he was down without punching.
Usyk is with better ammy boxing exp than Briedis and had won this fight barely with approx 20 jabs more than...... this one had happend.

Otherwise he was fast, a bit faster than Briedis and this gave him.... win.

wilder, who just got owned?
Maybe he will improve and will show good performance in next fights?

povetkin and whyte are rematching.
Pov is after this viruse and twice had been in hospital according to media. 41 y.o.

. ruiz? i'd like it, but it's not like andy is itching to get a fight any time soon.
I might be happy to see Ruiz after he for example is motivated 4-6 months in row.
Nice fighter.

Sure plenty of posters here are biased vs EE origin fighters.

To give A.J credit for beating 41 y.o beltless Wlad: OK.
To give A.J credit for beating 38 y.o beltless Povetkin and 39 y.o Pulev : OK.
To give Wilder credit for beating 40 y.o Ortiz : OK.

This forum for sure is amazing place.
OK, so we're comparing Wladmir Klitschko to Chaz Witherspoon?

OK, so we're comparing Wladmir Klitschko to Chaz Witherspoon?
Win vs 41 y.o fighter is.....
I have no questions might 41.y.o Wlad beat 35- 36 y.o Wlad or no.
Surname remains the same not age.

Whterspoon fight I yeah consider, looked Usyk is slow even before they started to fight ........

I think WBSS version of Usyk for sure will beat current his version up with a glance.
Unless he will be more mobile and sharp in next fight ( s).

With his hand speed being as slow as it is how long does it take Joyce to reach out and take the smoothie from you? Does your arm get tired from holding the smoothie out there for so long?

Honestly though, i think Joyce has to sell out against Usyk. He has to use his size and strength and corner Usyk and just go for broke, go out on your shield if you that's what it takes, plus Usyk has slowed a bit since the move to HW so there's that.

I think Usyk struggles with the big guys but until then it's easy street.

He doesn’t even need to reach out and I don’t need to hold out for long because he gulps it up in one sitting in the corner, I use one of those extra long unicorn silly straws. Once he drinks up he taps into his Juggernaut Instinct and it’s as if he can manipulate time. You can put him in there with reverse flash and he fucking lands clean!

Yeah Usyk has slowed down a bit, and he’s hittable, It’s almost a fact Joyce is going to leave everything in the ring, he knows if he gets lazy he’s not catching him. This makes the fight even more entertaining, it’s just that type of fight you sit and wait to see if he’ll land that one shot that starts the end of it.

In WBSS this was prime Usyk. He was lucky that Briedis decided to box not maul him, once when they contacted he was down without punching.
Usyk is with better ammy boxing exp than Briedis and had won this fight barely with approx 20 jabs more than...... this one had happend.

Otherwise he was fast, a bit faster than Briedis and this gave him.... win.

Briedis could try to maul him but mid fight you can tell fatigue came in and that’s when Usky started get ahead of him, Briedis didn’t have the lungs to stay in range and try to counter.

Briedis didn’t have the lungs to stay in range and try to counter.
If you see 5-7 th round yes visually might look that he had gassed out but looks this wasn't reason.
Otherwise he was not so fresh in 11 th and 12 th. 12 th Usyk clearly had lost btw. If gassed out, he should had been worse and worse with each next round more and more. This didn't happened.
Ws Dorticos he was better exactly in the end of fight, so doesn't looks that gas tank was issue.

Usyk really in WBSS had a bit faster movement and for sure was more productive and better in jabbing than anyone then.

Mauling btw I think had worked for him well but to attempt outbox Oly champ.........no.

Recent semi final was cool too: Dorticos vs Tabiti and Briedis vs Glowacki. Looked like close to 50/50 before fights really started.

Top fight, JJ is a different animal to WSB, and I can see this being a tight affair.

I actually really like this fight. Usyk has looked mediocre at best so far in his stint at hw. Even tho he's the much more talented fighter, Joyce is tough and has a pretty good tank on him. His body work is impressive and even tho's he's slower than a gimp in clogs, he can make up for it w/ his timing and pressure.

I think Usyk outboxes him fairly easily but this is far from a bad fight. Joyce has his flaws but he also has some positive attributes as well as a big size advantage that could make this interesting in spots, if not super competitive at the end of the day.

Mauling btw I think had worked for him well but to attempt outbox Oly champ.........no.

Briedis lacked the physicality to do that to Usyk, I think. Usyk's size and stamina were the difference in the fight. He got hit cleanly a lot but mostly wasn't bothered and had a much higher output down the stretch. Briedis, for long stretches, looked the better-schooled fighter.

For a second I thought “why is James Joyce-Ulysses in the boxing forum?”

Back