Joe Joyce vs Usyk

Dave Allen has sparred everyone AJ, Fury et al. Says Usyk was the hardest to deal with.
The skill discrepancy is too wide. Usyk UD.

Could be interesting if Joyce decides to just try and walk through Usyk - thats his only path to victory really, and could make for an exciting fight.

Don't really see how you can criticize him taking on Joyce after the step-aside.
Am I mistaken that the WBO approved Joshua/Fury and told him to wait?

Dave Allen has sparred everyone AJ, Fury et al. Says Usyk was the hardest to deal with.
Weird considering he's looked worse against everyone he's fought at HW than his peers have looked against the same guys.

Yeah i just rewatched Joyce vs Dubois and i can't see a way Joyce wins, he's too slow and predictable.

Then again if Usyk wears a 40lb costume to the ring it could make things interesting.

Yeah i just rewatched Joyce vs Dubois and i can't see a way Joyce wins, he's too slow and predictable.

Then again if Usyk wears a 40lb costume to the ring it could make things interesting.

Joyce has got the chin to walk through Usyk, for a few rounds at least. Just depends if he can land.

I doubt it to be honest - I’ve never seen a slower mover or puncher - but if he does then it could get interesting.

Joyce has got the chin to walk through Usyk, for a few rounds at least. Just depends if he can land.

I doubt it to be honest - I’ve never seen a slower mover or puncher - but if he does then it could get interesting.
He was actually a lot quicker and seemed better when he fought Usyk the first time. He won't be able to keep up. He'll land a bomb here and there to make it interesting but its going to be 12 rounds of Joyce looking for one big shot.

Oh Hail Mr. Juggernaut Joyce!!

Waiting on a call from Mr. Joyce to deliver him his training drill intensifying Strawberry Bena Smoothies...

D72B0799-B9D3-4E1B-8178-98EEEFF9AA92.jpeg

Mr. Joyce shall reverse and freeze the clock with his impeccable timing and set Usyk up for a slowly but surely destruction on the ropes!

Joyce has shown his timing can makeup for his lack of speed, that and in the Dubois fight it was a jab active very cautious Joyce aware of Dubois’s power. Against Usyk he’s going to carelessly throw them haymakers all fight from all angles, he’s going to look like he’s pitching AA softball in there.

After studying the patterns of boxing politics for years, I can gaurantee we will not see teh winner of this match to fight for the title this year.
The next title match after the belts unify will be The winner of Martin/Wilder.

Main reason other than Deontay being the bigger name is the IBF.
Yep, the IBF.

I'll exaplain.

IBF in recent times has been the first to jump in and fuck up shit after unification fights by throwing in their mandetories with the closest date possible. For example, they gave fury a mandetory in a few months even though they knew he had a rematch clause with klitchko, before the other orgs could. Another example is tossing Avni in a couple of month after cause they knew canelo wanted to unify more(not on my watch said the ibf!).

Martin is the highest ranking boxer in the IBF right above Usyk and was once champ(does not matter how).

They will sell it as former champs looking to regain their throne or some bs.

He was actually a lot quicker and seemed better when he fought Usyk the first time. He won't be able to keep up. He'll land a bomb here and there to make it interesting but its going to be 12 rounds of Joyce looking for one big shot.

Seems to be a thing for English heavyweights to “beef up” after they move on from the Olympics. Agree it has not helped Joyce and the fight could go the way you say. Depends if Joyce can cut Usyk off and corner him.

Have you ever seen anyone as slow as Joyce in the top flight?

Joyce has shown his timing can makeup for his lack of speed, that and in the Dubois fight it was a jab active very cautious Joyce aware of Dubois’s power. Against Usyk he’s going to carelessly throw them haymakers all fight from all angles, he’s going to look like he’s pitching AA softball in there.

Do you think that will be enough? To me every punch he threw looked super slow in the Dubois fight.

Obviously we haven't seen Usyk against top HWs yet and when he does fight one he will get cracked and then we'll know more. But just based on Joyce's recent fights i'm struggling to picture anything short of a UD loss.

Seems to be a thing for English heavyweights to “beef up” after they move on from the Olympics. Agree it has not helped Joyce and the fight could go the way you say. Depends if Joyce can cut Usyk off and corner him.

Have you ever seen anyone as slow as Joyce in the top flight?
Foreman is as slow a guy I can think of, aside from Joyce.

Do you think that will be enough? To me every punch he threw looked super slow in the Dubois fight.

Obviously we haven't seen Usyk against top HWs yet and when he does fight one he will get cracked and then we'll know more. But just based on Joyce's recent fights i'm struggling to picture anything short of a UD loss.

He’s slow as molases more so because of the tasty nutritious smoothies I bring him in camp, but he’s shown as slow as he is he still lands fairly easy and his timing is great, I thought the same at first, I was like “how many bombs are top guys going to nail him with between those punches” he’s proven to still be effective, he’s always on the move and has a great tank. There’s a chance he chases Usyk 12 rounds to a UD loss but his style has won me over, im on the train...

Usky has lost a step in speed, and even at CW he was still very touchable, he didn’t pull away far enough from Breidis till mid fight. So Joyce can make it entertaining if he wants it as bad, and he does! The guy fucking dreams Usyk, probably has a poster in his room he shoots BB’s at.

Oh good, a guy Usyk already beat. This guy is taking the heavyweight division by storm.

wondering who else you think the pair of these should fight in the current situation?

Oh good, a guy Usyk already beat. This guy is taking the heavyweight division by storm.
so who should he be fighting?

he was the mandatory for AJ's belt and they made him step aside so AJ and fury can fight. you approved of that... so those two are out of the picture.

wilder, who just got owned? povetkin and whyte are rematching. usyk just beat chisora. ruiz? i'd like it, but it's not like andy is itching to get a fight any time soon.

so who's left that you won't scoff at?

hunter? he already fought him, so no good.

parker is already fighting someone, and he's not exactly at the top right now either.

luis ortiz?

Back