Joe Joyce vs Usyk

As per usual, Joyce is being overlooked & underrated. I've got him wearing Usyk down over the course of the fight & winning a very tough, very close decision or maybe, just maybe, catching the Ukrainian along the ropes late in the fight & stopping him.

Usyk has better skills & he's the better athlete but Joyce's massive edge in size, strength & power will equal things out IMO. Derek Chisora gave Usyk a damn tough fight over twelve rounds by applying pressure & throwing a high volume of punches but he ran out of gas halfway through. Something that Joyce won't do. He'll stay aggressive for all twelve rounds, cut the ring off much better than Chisora was able to & he'll use his jab to set his other punches up.

As per usual, Joyce is being overlooked & underrated. I've got him wearing Usyk down over the course of the fight & winning a very tough, very close decision or maybe, just maybe, catching the Ukrainian along the ropes late in the fight & stopping him.

Usyk has better skills & he's the better athlete but Joyce's massive edge in size, strength & power will equal things out IMO. Derek Chisora gave Usyk a damn tough fight over twelve rounds by applying pressure & throwing a high volume of punches but he ran out of gas halfway through. Something that Joyce won't do. He'll stay aggressive for all twelve rounds, cut the ring off much better than Chisora was able to & he'll use his jab to set his other punches up.
I tend to agree with this joyce is always overlooked l, by myself included, people always say he is slow yet he has great head movement and timing so can apply constant pressure. Usyk has the better skills but he will need to have improved a fair amount compared to the chisora fight to be able to beat joyce

I tend to agree with this joyce is always overlooked l, by myself included, people always say he is slow yet he has great head movement and timing so can apply constant pressure. Usyk has the better skills but he will need to have improved a fair amount compared to the chisora fight to be able to beat joyce

Spot on, bro.

This. Usyk beat Joyce once but I think Joyce will be favoured this time because it will be over 12 rounds so it will be much more likely that Joyce will catch up to Usyk this time. And also Joyce has improved a lot since he first fought Usyk. Usyk has improved too but not nearly as much.

This. Usyk beat Joyce once but I think Joyce will be favoured this time because it will be over 12 rounds so it will be much more likely that Joyce will catch up to Usyk this time. And also Joyce has improved a lot since he first fought Usyk. Usyk has improved too but not nearly as much.
Thanks, my friend. It's good to see that others feel the same way as I do. Cheers.

He couldnt pin him down last time, expect the same. Its one thing to beat the odds against an unknown quantity like Dubois, something different to upset a world class operator. Especially one who's already kicked your arse.

Briedis lacked the physicality to do that to Usyk, I think. Usyk's size and stamina were the difference in the fight.
I don't think that Briedis isn't stronger physically than Usyk. He is stronger than Usyk. Also with better clinch.
He also was sparring partner for Wlad and Vitali, these are............ mhmm.

The question I think is called speed.
Usyk in WBSS was more agile, faster. He was fastest boxer in WBSS tournament then. To add to this his skills, there are things usable in both fields: top level Olympic boxing and pro boxing.
Briedis hits harder than Usyk and jab too is more powerful.
Usyk......... he was faster, more agile. good legs, plus Olympic champion's level. Ofc output for jabs Usyk did had higher than Briedis, there no question.
Usyk was ammy boxing star, Briedis was not ammy boxing star.

He got hit cleanly a lot but mostly wasn't bothered and had a much higher output down the stretch.
Btw I think despite Usyk had get hit, still not enough properly. Usyk was too fast and agile for him to land enough properly.

If Briedis landed really properly, Usyk had get to sleep.
He didn't managed to hit Usyk enough properly otherwise he had been turned into Charr II.
If for 34 y.o Povetkin there combo sequences were needed to KO Charr, for Briedis this was 1 properly landed punch.

Clinche......... there no one in CW was capable to do with this Briedis anything serious. He was, maybe still is the best at CW for clinch fight.

I see that Briedis was a bit slower than Usyk, a bit less agile than Usyk and Usyk then was in his prime.
Ofc also ammy boxing exp helped Usyk a lot. More effective jabbed, more agile and fast movements forward and backward......
Both of them then were really cool.

. Derek Chisora gave Usyk a damn tough fight over twelve rounds by applying pressure & throwing a high volume of punches but he ran out of gas halfway through.
Chisora is good boxer but he is slow. Very slow plus gas tank had emptied.

For Usyk this will depend from his current shape.
Looks he is slow now if compare with his version in WBSS. Noticed vs Whiterspoon.
There is no question about " power at HW " he moved slower and less agile than in WBSS.
Not sure current Usyk might beat the same Dorticos or Briedis now.

If Usyk will be more " fresh ", then ........... will see.

I'll admit i'm not giving Joyce much of a chance, but i'll happily admit i'm wrong if Joyce pulls off the win.

As boxer Usyk isn't point fighter, he had stopped in distance 9 boxers in row until get tittle shot vs Glowacki. This he won on points.
Maybe the older Usyk gets, the lesser effect for his blows.

I'll admit i'm not giving Joyce much of a chance, but i'll happily admit i'm wrong if Joyce pulls off the win.
I do gave chance for Joyce. If Usyk will show up in shape like vs Whiterspoon, he will not end on his foot distance not only vs Joyce but also vs Dorticos or Briedis ........
Vs Dereck he looked a bit more fresh. Still not like his WBSS agility level.

Last edited:
275549.jpg

Yeah Usyk was lucky with WBSS, no rematch clauses etc.

Maybe i've misunderstood, Usyk hasn't fought Whyte...
Yeah, he fought vs Dereck last fight. Sorry.

Btw might be fun to have fight Usyk vs Whyte too.
Despite Usyk doesn't looks so sharp and agile like in WBSS, he still is younger than Povetkin and might test Whyte.

Hope it happens. It'll be interesting to see how Usyk handles someone with that type of size and pressure. He recently beat Chisora, but Chisora doesn't have a jab and is a small HW.

Chisora is good boxer but he is slow. Very slow plus gas tank had emptied.

For Usyk this will depend from his current shape.
Looks he is slow now if compare with his version in WBSS. Noticed vs Whiterspoon.
There is no question about " power at HW " he moved slower and less agile than in WBSS.
Not sure current Usyk might beat the same Dorticos or Briedis now.

If Usyk will be more " fresh ", then ........... will see.
Wasn't he coming off surgeries and injuries in both his HW fights so far?

Back