News Joe Joyce v Daniel Dubois Confirmed April 11th For the European, British, and Commonwealth Champions

Who would you rather see Joyce face?

• Total voters

Ritchie Woodhall and Ronald McIntosh seemed to think it was a Hrgovic win anyway. Not really a 'robbery' but lost a close fight which could/should have gone the other way isn't as dramatic.

Yeah it wasn't a total robbery, two judges had it 29-28 to Yoka and the other had it 29-28 to Hrgovic. Personally I had it 30-27 to Hrgovic. Yoka definitely lost to Joe Joyce in the final though.

As for Dubois vs Joyce, I think that's a great fight. I really hope it happens. I think Dubois has the power but Joyce has the volume and endurance. Will be very interesting to see who prevails. I'm going with Joyce, I think he'll take Dubois deep and drown him.

I recently rewatched Joyce vs. Usyk in World Series of Boxing and I really have to say that Joyce used to be a lot quicker when he was around 240 pounds, since then he put on around 20 pounds. His power and his ability to take a punch have probably improved, but he's a lot slower and easier to hit, even if you have to give him credit for almst never getting caught clean.
Dubois looks like the real deal, but for his style he's got a rather short reach (78 inches, same as Usyk), at least for modern SHWs. With him not having the fastest feet and being a big puncher who needs his Jab to set things up that could be a problem against guys who have a 5 inch reach advantage like Wilder or even a 7 inch one like Fury or Ajagba.

Shocked most are taking DDD over Hrgovic, I remember seeing him and seeing Vitali Klitschko . I also know he got the better of DDD in sparring like he did Wilder . Hrgovic is a real national experienced guy with dangerous durability and back fire ability able to throw off shots when guys are in the middle of a punch sequence, I also thought he defeated Joyce whos my favorite fighter in that 5 rounder years ago.

I believe Hrgovic will defeat both Joyce and DDD with a very frustrasting durability his 6'6 body uses in making guys tire and in the end he catches them solid.

hear Dubois vs Joyce very close to being announced

Shocked most are taking DDD over Hrgovic, I remember seeing him and seeing Vitali Klitschko . I also know he got the better of DDD in sparring like he did Wilder . Hrgovic is a real national experienced guy with dangerous durability and back fire ability able to throw off shots when guys are in the middle of a punch sequence, I also thought he defeated Joyce whos my favorite fighter in that 5 rounder years ago.

I believe Hrgovic will defeat both Joyce and DDD with a very frustrasting durability his 6'6 body uses in making guys tire and in the end he catches them solid.
He's not Vitali but Hrgovic is probably best hw prospect in reality. Might not have most hype but he's rock solid.

Against Joyce he'd need to outbox him, because I don't see any other SHW outworking him.
He was a bit too heavy in his last 2 fights, he should come in a bit lighter so that he's quicker on his feet and has a higher output. Hgrovic seems to have an iron chin and heavy hands, so there is no real need to put on size to improve those attributes.

Against Joyce he'd need to outbox him, because I don't see any other SHW outworking him.
He was a bit too heavy in his last 2 fights, he should come in a bit lighter so that he's quicker on his feet and has a higher output. Hgrovic seems to have an iron chin and heavy hands, so there is no real need to put on size to improve those attributes.
I think the size has helped Hrgovic ,he will take some shots due to style . He’s more physically imposing now then he was weighing in the 220”s . If you go through the history you’ll see guys like Lewis weighed about 220 at one time and Wlad Klitschko was 225 these guys filled out as well, a 6”6 heavyweight should be about 240 at least , Wilder is an exception because he relies on speed more then skills but I think Fury will get him and the bigger guy wins . You won’t see to many guys under 230 having a successful career the division has changed .

This is a real crazy fight , I think Joyce could win if he is on point but you never know who he’s training with ? Lol

DDD is a juggernaut himself , you got two juggernauts colliding, Joyce is my guy so I’m rolling with him but DDD could derail him .

He's not Vitali but Hrgovic is probably best hw prospect in reality. Might not have most hype but he's rock solid.
I don’t really consider Hrgovic a prospect I think he’s a threat now to anyone . He’s got international experience and has defeated guys others have struggled with quite easily who were in title fights . I think he’s a top 5 guy and I put him against anyone to cause a difficult fight we know there’s guys out there looming just look at Otto Wallin a guy I said may get Fury because of that style and people laughed at me on another site .

Hrgovic is as close to Vitali as you’ll see and he’s improving with no injuries .

This is a real crazy fight , I think Joyce could win if he is on point but you never know who he’s training with ? Lol

DDD is a juggernaut himself , you got two juggernauts colliding, Joyce is my guy so I’m rolling with him but DDD could derail him .
No idea, he changes coaches rather often. He used to train with Vianello before, both of them sparred with Fury for the first Wilder fight afterwards. Vianello is also an interesting prospect, who has a win over Nistor in World Series of Boxing. His movement reminds me a bit of Hughie Fury, but unlike him he has proper punching technique, knows how to throw an overhand right and seems to have at least decent power.

Edit: I forgot that Vianello also left Abel Sanchez, but he's working with Parker's coach right now.

Last edited:
I don’t really consider Hrgovic a prospect I think he’s a threat now to anyone . He’s got international experience and has defeated guys others have struggled with quite easily who were in title fights . I think he’s a top 5 guy and I put him against anyone to cause a difficult fight we know there’s guys out there looming just look at Otto Wallin a guy I said may get Fury because of that style and people laughed at me on another site .

Hrgovic is as close to Vitali as you’ll see and he’s improving with no injuries .
Now that you mention it i checked his age and didn't realize he was 27.....so yeah he's not really a prospect anymore.

Seems like he's going to start getting pushed quicker now...at least logically you'd think he would since he's starting to be noticed and get into a position where he can climb ranks to build into a title shot.

I don't know where i rank him yet but I'd have a hard time finding 10 guys that I'd pick to beat him. He's very good.

No idea, he changes coaches rather often. He used to train with Vianello before, both of them sparred with Fury for the first Wilder fight afterwards. Vianello is also an interesting prospect, who has a win over Nistor in World Series of Boxing. His movement reminds me a bit of Hughie Fury, but unlike him he has proper punching technique, knows how to throw an overhand right and seems to have at least decent power.

Edit: I forgot that Vianello also left Abel Sanchez, but he's working with Parker's coach right now.

Vianellos good but he’s going to have problems with sizable aggressive fighters . Guys like Mahkmudov that huge Russian guy or whatever they call the lion who he fought years ago in the amateurs or wsob I forget but he was to powerful . Vianello better then Hughie he’s just another guy in the mix there’s so many out there now .

If I had to pick a future champion on his way up I’d probably go with Vladimir Sirenko a two fisted power puncher with awesome power and explosive skills .

Vianello vs Mahkmudov

Now that you mention it i checked his age and didn't realize he was 27.....so yeah he's not really a prospect anymore.

Seems like he's going to start getting pushed quicker now...at least logically you'd think he would since he's starting to be noticed and get into a position where he can climb ranks to build into a title shot.

I don't know where i rank him yet but I'd have a hard time finding 10 guys that I'd pick to beat him. He's very good.
Hrgovic is the one with least amount of pro fights that has the best chance I believe but Everyone is trying to get pushed quickly because of Joshua ,everyone’s chasing that potential mega payday they won’t see fighting anyone else .

Vianellos good but he’s going to have problems with sizable aggressive fighters . Guys like Mahkmudov that huge Russian guy or whatever they call the lion who he fought years ago in the amateurs or wsob I forget but he was to powerful . Vianello better then Hughie he’s just another guy in the mix there’s so many out there now .

If I had to pick a future champion on his way up I’d probably go with Vladimir Sirenko a two fisted power puncher with awesome power and explosive skills .

Vianello vs Mahkmudov

Tbf, Vianello is 5 years younger than Mahkmudov and the fight happened before he turned 21, he hasn't been stopped since then and went the distance twice with Nistor, once in the amateurs, and once with Majidov (in the amateurs).

Back to Dubois vs Joyce, I'm kinda surprised that it's happening.
I guess it is true that Warren lacks the money/isn't willing to overpay a beatable ranked guy to fight the.
Dubois is young enough to bounce back, but Joyce is kinda screwed if he looses this one.

I like this fight a lot. I hope Dubois wins but I think Joyce's movement might be a problem for him and will probably be a tough fight.

Ritchie Woodhall and Ronald McIntosh seemed to think it was a Hrgovic win anyway. Not really a 'robbery' but lost a close fight which could/should have gone the other way isn't as dramatic.

Couldn’t give Yoka more then the second round , I didn’t give him any. Hrgovic clearly wins it . The thing is Hrgovic has very sneaky punching and gets hit clean sometimes where judges may look at that and not what Hrgovic comes back with ,he has to be careful in competitive fights that look close in the pros , I actually rewatched the Joyce fight and switched over thinking Hrgovic won when I payed more attention to Joyce walking into shots going forward .

Back to Dubois vs Joyce, I'm kinda surprised that it's happening.
I guess it is true that Warren lacks the money/isn't willing to overpay a beatable ranked guy to fight the.
Dubois is young enough to bounce back, but Joyce is kinda screwed if he looses this one.

It’s exactly why I thought this fight would not happen when it was first mooted last year. Dubois doesn’t need to rush, he’s still a baby, relevant to the heavies. Joyce on the other hand is running out of time. He gains nothing from beating Dubois, who is rated below him, other than a good payday. Lose to him and it sets him back

Fair play to slow joe. Frank warren must have confidence in his man to match him up with such a dangerous fight at this point in his career.

Back