News Joe Joyce v Daniel Dubois Confirmed April 11th For the European, British, and Commonwealth Champions

Who would you rather see Joyce face?

• Total voters

GoldenAzazel

GM of PWD. 2020, 2022 PWD Poster of the Year
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another Update: Joyce v Dubois now confirmed to be for the British, European, and Commonwealth titles

Update:
Joyce v Dubois is now confirmed for April 11th

For those who don't know, Joe Joyce is 10-0, won silver in the 2016 Olympics at heavyweight, and is the current European champion. Daniel Dubois is 14-0 and current Commonwealth champion. Filip Hrgovic is also 10-0 and won bronze at the 2016 Olympics at heavyweight,

Interesting talks here. I would love to see Dubois v Joyce, but Hrgovic would also be a great fight if Dubois doesn't want to take that fight right now.

Last edited:
I've also heard rumours about Hgrovic vs Bakole, that would also be an interesting fight.

I've also heard rumours about Hgrovic vs Bakole, that would also be an interesting fight.

If Hrgovic beats Bakole then Hrgovic v the winner of Dubois v Joyce for the European title would be great.

I chose Dubois.

Really though, I'd like Hrgovic so they had another year or two to build up a Dubois clash, but they could also be wrapped up in some different promoter, TV and org bollocks by then.

Great fight too. Gonna be a nice, civil build up, then I think a 4 round war.

I think he does better against Dubois, smothering him at close range, while Hrgovic accepts to take one to give one and ends up fucking him up good. Dubois has a puncher’s chance, of course.

For those who don't know, Joe Joyce is 10-0, won silver in the 2016 Olympics at heavyweight, and is the current European champion. Daniel Dubois is 14-0 and current Commonwealth champion. Filip Hrgovic is also 10-0 and won bronze at the 2016 Olympics at heavyweight,

Interesting talks here. I would love to see Dubois v Joyce, but Hrgovic would also be a great fight if Dubois doesn't want to take that fight right now.

Changed my vote to Hrgovic just to be different.

can’t they all fight each other? I like every possible match up. I favour Dubois over Joyce. I think he controls him with his jab and has enough power to get past his durability. I’m not sure who I’d pick against Hrgovic, in either fight. I’m happy which ever fight they make

Last edited:
If Hrgovic beats Bakole then Hrgovic v the winner of Dubois v Joyce for the European title would be great.

And the winner of that little tournament gets to fight Dillian Whyte for the wbc mandatory spot!

84296840_2801420273274871_3484967701271543808_o.jpg

I like both fights obviously but given the choice i'd pick the big domestic clash in a heartbeat. Hrgovic/Bakole is great too. I think these guys facing each other on the come up is a good thing, win or lose. It gets rid of the diva mindset, pushes them hard early and in the long run might make these guys better fighters who arent so terrified of keeping their 0s.

It should be Dubois. I want to know how good Dubois is (or isn't) and a fight with Joyce should answer that to a certain degree.
Now if it was a choice between Dubois and Tony Yoka then that'd be more tricky as it's a gold medal rematch from 2016 and not a fight with the guy who got the bronze from the other semi-final.

The 2016 Super heavy medallists Dychko 9-0, Hrgovic 10-0, Joyce 10-0, Yoka 7-0 are all unbeaten and European
Dubois turned pro 'just' before all 4 of them (2-6 months) and he's cracking on with it at 14-0.

Hrgovic and Joyce should be after Yoka as they were 'robbed' against him in the Semi and Final respectively in the Rio Olympics.

Any possible combination of these 4 fighting sounds great.
Bakole is flying a bit under the rader atm, but he has been matched against decent opposition.
Yes he lost his zero to Hunter, but they had him face Hunter in his 12th fight while having only 17 amateur fights. Right after that loss they had him fight Wach in Poland and he stopped him, that was a sink or swim fight. He also has a stoppage win over Kingpin, for what it's worth. I'd probably pick him over Dubois at this stage, similar styles but one has more experience against better opposition.
Hgrovic has been a bit too heavy in his last 2 fights, if he comes in a bit lighter he should be the favourite against all of them. He seems to have a great chin and good power, so being lighter should only help him, his speed and work rate would benifit from it.

It should be Dubois. I want to know how good Dubois is (or isn't) and a fight with Joyce should answer that to a certain degree.
Now if it was a choice between Dubois and Tony Yoka then that'd be more tricky as it's a gold medal rematch from 2016 and not a fight with the guy who got the bronze from the other semi-final.

The 2016 Super heavy medallists Dychko 9-0, Hrgovic 10-0, Joyce 10-0, Yoka 7-0 are all unbeaten and European
Dubois turned pro 'just' before all 4 of them (2-6 months) and he's cracking on with it at 14-0.

Hrgovic and Joyce should be after Yoka as they were 'robbed' against him in the Semi and Final respectively in the Rio Olympics.

didn't see yokas semi but the final was a fckin shocker. He was gifted that gold medal. I’d like to see big joe get that rematch in the pros. And from what I’ve seen of yoka I’d would be a good fight

Any possible combination of these 4 fighting sounds great.
Bakole is flying a bit under the rader atm, but he has been matched against decent opposition.
Yes he lost his zero to Hunter, but they had him face Hunter in his 12th fight while having only 17 amateur fights. Right after that loss they had him fight Wach in Poland and he stopped him, that was a sink or swim fight. He also has a stoppage win over Kingpin, for what it's worth. I'd probably pick him over Dubois at this stage, similar styles but one has more experience against better opposition.
Hgrovic has been a bit too heavy in his last 2 fights, if he comes in a bit lighter he should be the favourite against all of them. He seems to have a great chin and good power, so being lighter should only help him, his speed and work rate would benifit from it.

wach said he was the best boxer he’s ever fought! Not sure I believe him but it certainly shows the improvements he’s made since his early loss. Hope he wins

wach said he was the best boxer he’s ever fought! Not sure I believe him but it certainly shows the improvements he’s made since his early loss. Hope he wins
The guy seems to have improved and he has been matched pretty tough while having little amateur experience, he could still improve a lot.

didn't see yokas semi but the final was a fckin shocker. He was gifted that gold medal. I’d like to see big joe get that rematch in the pros. And from what I’ve seen of yoka I’d would be a good fight

Ritchie Woodhall and Ronald McIntosh seemed to think it was a Hrgovic win anyway. Not really a 'robbery' but lost a close fight which could/should have gone the other way isn't as dramatic.

Back