News Joe Joyce v Daniel Dubois Confirmed April 11th For the European, British, and Commonwealth Champions

Who would you rather see Joyce face?

• Total voters
It’s exactly why I thought this fight would not happen when it was first mooted last year. Dubois doesn’t need to rush, he’s still a baby, relevant to the heavies. Joyce on the other hand is running out of time. He gains nothing from beating Dubois, who is rated below him, other than a good payday. Lose to him and it sets him back

Fair play to slow joe. Frank warren must have confidence in his man to match him up with such a dangerous fight at this point in his career.
They are both with Warren.

It’s exactly why I thought this fight would not happen when it was first mooted last year. Dubois doesn’t need to rush, he’s still a baby, relevant to the heavies. Joyce on the other hand is running out of time. He gains nothing from beating Dubois, who is rated below him, other than a good payday. Lose to him and it sets him back

Fair play to slow joe. Frank warren must have confidence in his man to match him up with such a dangerous fight at this point in his career.
DDD is ranked 3 in the WBO ,Joyce is 12. A win leap frogs him into a title contention shot.

DDD is ranked 11 in WBC , Joyce is 12. Nothing really changes there but knowing them it would put Joyce maybe around 7 if he won ?

So in the end Joyce actually has more to gain by getting close to AJ or whoever holds that WBO belt next year. We can forget about the WBC ,I guarantee Wilder will do his best to stay away from dangerous punchers if he can who are not on the radar quite yet if hes still around.

Warrens angle is if DDD wins it only builds to his profile , should he lose he then has positioned the older fighter for that fight and still has DDD for later . Its really a no lose situation, for him landing both Joyce and DDD against AJ is ideal for making more money for that to happen Joyce needs to win so he really doesn't lose out ,but I do believe he thinks no one can defeat DDD . Smart play any way it goes.

Nice fight. I'd favor Dubois. Because he can punch and Joyce is prone to getting hit. I don't know about Dubois chin and stamina though and Joyce will test it.

DDD is ranked 3 in the WBO ,Joyce is 12. A win leap frogs him into a title contention shot.

DDD is ranked 11 in WBC , Joyce is 12. Nothing really changes there but knowing them it would put Joyce maybe around 7 if he won ?

So in the end Joyce actually has more to gain by getting close to AJ or whoever holds that WBO belt next year. We can forget about the WBC ,I guarantee Wilder will do his best to stay away from dangerous punchers if he can who are not on the radar quite yet if hes still around.

Warrens angle is if DDD wins it only builds to his profile , should he lose he then has positioned the older fighter for that fight and still has DDD for later . Its really a no lose situation, for him landing both Joyce and DDD against AJ is ideal for making more money for that to happen Joyce needs to win so he really doesn't lose out ,but I do believe he thinks no one can defeat DDD . Smart play any way it goes.

Very good points. Warren is definitely looking long term.

Warren has been quiet in recent times compared to Hearn, but he's been around for donkey's years and has a determination to be the main British promoter. I bet he's pissed off seeing AJ's success and wants a piece.

He's done well recently with getting the BT deal and building his heavyweight stable of Fury, Joyce, Dubois, Gorman and several young, undefeated heavies. I think he's going for the nostalgic days of huge, all Brit affairs, gain the interest, then have a merry go round of his own fighters.

Very good points. Warren is definitely looking long term.

Warren has been quiet in recent times compared to Hearn, but he's been around for donkey's years and has a determination to be the main British promoter. I bet he's pissed off seeing AJ's success and wants a piece.

He's done well recently with getting the BT deal and building his heavyweight stable of Fury, Joyce, Dubois, Gorman and several young, undefeated heavies. I think he's going for the nostalgic days of huge, all Brit affairs, gain the interest, then have a merry go round of his own fighters.
He's always struggled badly with money though, and that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

He's always struggled badly with money though, and that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

Oooff, I didn’t realise it was that bad for Frank. I’m sure he’s filed for bankruptcy and launched new promotional companies in his wife’s name before.

You got me curious so I looked up some more info on Warren and Hearn.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07359155/QUEENSBERRY-PROMOTIONS-LIMITED/financials

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/10451332/MATCHROOM-BOXING-LIMITED/financials

The net worth for Matchroom Boxing is +£4.3m and Queensbury promotions is -£10.9! That’s as of 2018, however, I’m sure the gap is still as wide.

Could this be it?

Honestly... Joyce should fire his agent for wasting his time on this. the average hardcore fan would need to google some of these two's last 3 opponents. But Joyce has Jennings, Usitov, and Bermain. He could easily get a title eliminator or something by those names alone. these are 2 former world title challengers and one former world champion.

I'd be gunning for the highest ranking guys i could find like adam or canman or rivas or pulev or a bunch of other better choices than high risk low reward unknown prospects...

Honestly... Joyce should fire his agent for wasting his time on this. the average hardcore fan would need to google some of these two's last 3 opponents. But Joyce has Jennings, Usitov, and Bermain. He could easily get a title eliminator or something by those names alone. these are 2 former world title challengers and one former world champion.

I'd be gunning for the highest ranking guys i could find like adam or canman or rivas or pulev or a bunch of other better choices than high risk low reward unknown prospects...
he's currently the WBA Gold champion, but I have no idea what the fuck that means in terms of title eliminators.

he's currently the WBA Gold champion, but I have no idea what the fuck that means in terms of title eliminators.
It means nothing, it's a marketing gimmick. Diamond chamions, federal chamions, silver champions, federal champions, franchise champions, all a bunch of baloney.
If an alien family would get our boxing broadcasting signals by accident they'd think earth is a union of 5 planet cause we have "5 worlds with their own champion"(and those are just the major world belts lol).

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a wba gold title and i consider myself fairly privy on the new shit

I didn't know there was a wba gold title and i consider myself fairly privy on the new shit
WBA Super is AJ, WBA Regular is Manuel Charr, WBA Interim is Trevor Bryan, and WBA Gold is Joe Joyce.

It's pretty simple, Yacob. I can't believe you haven't been able to grasp the concept of these legit WBA world champions, you fucking casual.

WBA Super is AJ, WBA Regular is Manuel Charr, WBA Interim is Trevor Bryan, and WBA Gold is Joe Joyce.

It's pretty simple, Yacob. I can't believe you haven't been able to grasp the concept of these legit WBA world champions, you fucking casual.
The Catalogue of WBA Champions

The Catalogue of WBA Champions
I bet you didn't even know Alexander Povetkin is the International champion and Michael Hunter is the Intercontinental champion.

I bet you didn't even know Alexander Povetkin is the International champion and Michael Hunter is the Intercontinental champion.
I actually did know Povetkin had a wba regional

So Povetkin vs Hunter was a Unification Championship Match

I actually did know Povetkin had a wba regional

So Povetkin vs Hunter was a Unification Championship Match
God damn it. You win this time.

Back