News Joe Joyce v Daniel Dubois Confirmed April 11th For the European, British, and Commonwealth Champions

Who would you rather see Joyce face?

• Total voters
WBA Super is AJ, WBA Regular is Manuel Charr, WBA Interim is Trevor Bryan, and WBA Gold is Joe Joyce.

It's pretty simple, Yacob. I can't believe you haven't been able to grasp the concept of these legit WBA world champions, you fucking casual.
Great scott, CWs > HWs confirmed
I had no idea Charr had a world champion belt, he was KO'ed by Brides not too long ago. A guy Usyk dismantled before moving up in weight.
Honestly it feels if any of the CW super six competitors move up they'd easily crack the top 10. No reason to stick around and defend for pennies.

Gasiev is probably gonna KO his HW debut opponent in 3-4 rounds. Dude's boxrec profile pic looks like a flabbergasted Sean Kingston
200px-622344.jpeg

Honestly... Joyce should fire his agent for wasting his time on this. the average hardcore fan would need to google some of these two's last 3 opponents. But Joyce has Jennings, Usitov, and Bermain. He could easily get a title eliminator or something by those names alone. these are 2 former world title challengers and one former world champion.

I'd be gunning for the highest ranking guys i could find like adam or canman or rivas or pulev or a bunch of other better choices than high risk low reward unknown prospects...

dubois is actually better known in Britain than big joe. I thought exactly the same as you until it was pointed out that Dubois actually has a higher ranking if you look at all four orgs. He’s ranked 5 with the wbo, Joyce is 9 with the ibf I think.
I do still agree though, this is a fight that does nothing for Joyce other than be a real threat to his unbeaten record. Dubois is 22; a loss at this point means much less to him

I like this fight. Looks like we’re gonna get Whyte vs povetkin and usyk vs Del Boy as well

I had no idea Charr had a world champion belt, he was KO'ed by Brides not too long ago. A guy Usyk dismantled before moving up in weight.
Honestly it feels if any of the CW super six competitors move up they'd easily crack the top 10. No reason to stick around and defend for pennies.

Gasiev is probably gonna KO his HW debut opponent in 3-4 rounds. Dude's boxrec profile pic looks like a flabbergasted Sean Kingston
200px-622344.jpeg
Lmao

200px-622344.jpeg

I’ll piss my pants if his ring walk is ‘beautiful girl’

Fight confirmed! Gonna update the OP.

Would rather have seen Joyce vs Hrgovic for the EBU title but this is a quality fight. If Dubois wins he’s the real deal. I am really wondering what Joyce can achieve if he loses, he might flounder like Gorman

Dunno how Dubois can handle a smothering style, and Joyce's bodywork. I say Joyce takes this, even if Dubois has a puncher's chance against pretty much any HW on earth.

I'm happy to see it's been signed and I still think it's going to be Dubois who wins.
They've sparred together a lot in Sheffield but that was when Dubois was 17/18 and Joyce was the GB number one/Olympic hopeful.
Ok t's only sparring but it does mean Dubois knows what to expect as Joyce hasn't really changed.

Dunno how Dubois can handle a smothering style, and Joyce's bodywork. I say Joyce takes this, even if Dubois has a puncher's chance against pretty much any HW on earth.
Dubois isn't the fastest guy himself, so Joyce should come in a bit lighter than in his last few fights, he'd be a bit more mobile and could close the distance faster.
Of course he won't be 240 pounds like against Usyk in wsb years ago, but coming in in the low 250is instead of the low 260ies would be benifical and could be tge game changer.

Not really feeling the trash talk here lol

Not really feeling the trash talk here lol

Neither guy is particularly comfortable in front of the cameras. Both seem fairly awkward, and both seem to be quite quiet and reserved
Really looking forward to this fight.

Both have fairly punchable faces if I'm candid with you

Neither guy is particularly comfortable in front of the cameras. Both seem fairly awkward, and both seem to be quite quiet and reserved
Really looking forward to this fight.
That push seemed so forced and awkward as well. Especially having Fish Eyes there with a big smile on his face after.

Dubois' solid jab and genuine power should see him past Joyce's otherworldly slowness. Should be very entertaining.

Dubois by instant rigor mortis pants shitting seizure inducing ko

That push seemed so forced and awkward as well. Especially having Fish Eyes there with a big smile on his face after.

It does show you how big Joyce is though.
He's one of those guys who doesn't look massive until you see him next to someone.

Joyce can do quiet and angry looking very well but Dubois really can't do trash talk, he ends up smiling and grinning all the time when he's meant to look mean and menacing.

It does show you how big Joyce is though.
He's one of those guys who doesn't look massive until you see him next to someone.

Joyce can do quiet and angry looking very well but Dubois really can't do trash talk, he ends up smiling and grinning all the time when he's meant to look mean and menacing.

I remember you saying you live in Greenwich, just down the rd from Dubois? What’s the deal with his sister, she’s getting talked up an awful lot for this years olympics. Is she as good as they say she is?
There’s definitely a family resemblance. As soon as I saw her I knew that must be related

Dubois' solid jab and genuine power should see him past Joyce's otherworldly slowness. Should be very entertaining.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. A lot of people tipping big joe though. I think it will be a cracking fight but I just dont see Joyce dealing with Dubois power. He’s got a great jab as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gives him a prolonged beating

I remember you saying you live in Greenwich, just down the rd from Dubois? What’s the deal with his sister, she’s getting talked up an awful lot for this years olympics. Is she as good as they say she is?
There’s definitely a family resemblance. As soon as I saw her I knew that must be related

She did win the BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year for 2019 a couple of months ago.
Her boy called Colin video makes me laugh.

I think her 'problem' is her birthday. I saw another video of her talking about it but I can't find it now. She was still a youth until this year as her birthday is in January so she couldn't do any senior competition but she did win the youth Olympics in 2018 and claims to be unbeaten.. Team GB already have a senior woman in her weight class and they're both trying to qualify for Tokyo 2020. The European qualifiers at the Copper Box Arena in London from 14-24 March 2020 so I think it's all down to how she (and the other girl Paige Murney) do then.

Look on the 3rd row back in any Daniel Dubois fight, Caroline is always there and another bother or 2 and another sister. They all look the same, that's not a racist comment they really all do look the same.

Back