Joe Biden tweets support for gun bans and mag limits

I would agree with a universal background check but banning weapons and ammo wont stop the death and crime rates in America. It might slow the crime a bit but it still wont stop the gangs and other groups of buying weapons and ammo from elsewhere.

It will actually strengthen entities like the cartels across the border, as they'll have another trade to ply (in increased illegal arms).

Last edited:
No it's how emotionally under-developed mummies boys think people should live.
Ever wonder why there are still tens of millions of people in slavery? Because they don't have guns while others do.

Boggles the mind how social work/the mental health approach never occurs to democrats like Biden, as a means for combating gun violence; rather it's straight to bans and limitations on access.

Curious.

What makes you think any Democrat cares about combating gun violence? Just overlay a map of gun crime and Democratic mayors.

5000rnds per gun, and an additional 5000/gun for each other household member?

I will accept these limits if we also agree that firearms and ammo, being a constitutional right, should be free.

iu

How do you guys feel about this? Do you support Joe's plan to ban the most popular rifles and their standard capacity magazines? Keep in mind that these guns, despite being extremely popular, make up a negligible portion of gun crime.

I'm not a big fan but I think we have other concerns the democrats will address better. I think getting the majorities needed to take out the second amendment is gonna be a tall order for even the most enthusiastic gun banner

I'm not a big fan but I think we have other concerns the democrats will address better. I think getting the majorities needed to take out the second amendment is gonna be a tall order for even the most enthusiastic gun banner

But they aren't trying to take out the 2nd directly. Joe has said he wants to pack the court. All he needs he is a liberal majority that will side with his gun ban.

But they aren't trying to take out the 2nd directly. Joe has said he wants to pack the court. All he needs he is a liberal majority that will side with his gun ban.

And will blow any political capital he had and put the Republicans back in power to undo it and then some.

Obama was gonna take our guns too. Its easier said than done. He ended up selling more of them than any president previously.

Its like the deal I made in my head with gretch... she can say what she wants about guns. She'll have my continued support as long as she doesn't do shit but talk. Long as the right holds shit positions on healthcare i have no choice but to vote for the democrats.

By now you should have seen my frequent complaints about having to choose which rights are most important come election night. As of right this second nothing will disrupt my life more than getting rid of the aca/preexisting conditions.

nobody should have over 5,000 rounds if they're the only one in the house.

Why is that? I'd start to get worried if I only had that amount.

It's how you stop yourselves from being run by a tyrannical government. Maybe you approve of the Chinese and North Korean governments though.

Like!

It's so obvious that they're needed in the 21st century. The most important part is militias, organization and training.

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.

A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves... and include all men capable of bearing arms. - Richard Henry Lee

These guys from the 1700s knew what they were talking about. That's the kind of history that should be taught in schools.

I wasn't necessarily against limitations on magazines....But then the riots happened....Now I think 100-rd drums should be as pivotal to a household as smoke detectors...

The "But Obama" arguments are so weak.

Are you going to say "but Obama" if you're caught with a ban firearm?

When you can get your enemy's population to not even care about gun bans and buy backs and make them think crusty ol Beijing Biden and a one party state is good for America... then you've got em by the balls.

Not even comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success.

When people refer to assault weapons, what are they referring to? Semiautomatic rifles? That’s what I always assume, but it is a bit misleading since you can do an awful lot of assaulting with a semiautomatic pistol or shotgun. We’ve had high capacity semiautomatic pistols for a long time and they are responsible for most homicides.

There are a lot of ways to combat gun violence, and some of them can involve forms of gun control, but banning more specific types of guns seems like a nonsensical step to take.

I'd go with whatever methodology Call of Duty uses to classify weapons.

Nothing new with this. This is just the start of what they want.

I expect the republicans to do everything and anything to kill anything he wants to do.

Then tie shit like this up in courts forever.

And will blow any political capital he had and put the Republicans back in power to undo it and then some.

Obama was gonna take our guns too. Its easier said than done. He ended up selling more of them than any president previously.

Its like the deal I made in my head with gretch... she can say what she wants about guns. She'll have my continued support as long as she doesn't do shit but talk. Long as the right holds shit positions on healthcare i have no choice but to vote for the democrats.

By now you should have seen my frequent complaints about having to choose which rights are most important come election night. As of right this second nothing will disrupt my life more than getting rid of the aca/preexisting conditions.

obama didn't even mention trying to ban guns via the nfa/batfe.

How do you guys feel about this? Do you support Joe's plan to ban the most popular rifles and their standard capacity magazines? Keep in mind that these guns, despite being extremely popular, make up a negligible portion of gun crime.

This is a visual depiction of how likely his dementia-ridden idea will get passed in to law

iu

I don't recall Obama ever endorsing an assault weapons ban. He mostly just wanted background checks.

Back