• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Joaquin Buckley TKO Vincente Luque GIFS

Keith Peterson is by far my favorite referee. If you're doing the main event theres obviously a reason.

It was a tough situation for ANY ref to be in. It wasn't just arms Buckley was tagging. Definitely did let some bangers leak through.

Whats a ref supposed to do if a dude seems to have one foot outside the cage?

The stoppage was pretty weak but followed the rules. Luque did nothing on the ground but cover it up, dude wasn't even shrimping/creating space nor was he closing his guard and negating. He was happy to sit there and take those shots and when ref went to stop it his reaction time to the whole situation was slow so it's hard to really argue with the stoppage as a whole.

Man Luque is a veteran, but stood there on his back literally taking shots, not pushing Buckley, not trying to get up. Don't tell me he was hurt he literally stood up the second the fight was called and casually followed Buckley, staring at him lol. Luque is such a hot and cold fighter, it's painful to be a fan of his. It almost looked like he threw the fight.

No less than 2 people in the PBP were saying this fight was evidence of the UFC rigging fights. I swear, there are more people on sherdog that hate the ufc then there are actual fans of mma. The memes and culture are all really negative here.
Fight fans in general absolutely love accusing fights of being fixed lately. It’s kind of bazaar.

he wanted out from the start. Dude looked so afraid in there. He was terrified to really engage at all.

As soon as he went to his back it was clear he was never getting up.

Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a long lay off after this.

the weird prancing around on his tip toes on the feet as well

bizarre performance from a former disciple of the JBG

Really bizarre finish. At one point Buckley kinda stopped like "You seriously just gonna lay there? OK..Guess I'll just keep doing this then?"

Buckley should have called out Sean Brady

I’m not saying it was fixed but Luque most certainly quit. It’s a pretty even fight and you just decide to flop to your back and turtle up and let the canvas and your forearms eat a bunch of shots until the ref stops it?

Buckley wins by TKO/KO in round 2 was +1000 odds
Someone made profit last night.

Buckley wins by TKO/KO in round 2 was +1000 odds
Someone made profit last night.
What were the odds of him winning by submission in the last minute? Why stop there, if you are looking at odds?

You’re absolutely ridiculous.

What were the odds of him winning by submission in the last minute? Why stop there, if you are looking at odds?

You’re absolutely ridiculous.
Are you joking?

People place bets on the first minute in the first round.
Not the last minute in the last round.

Are you joking?

People place bets on the first minute in the first round.
Not the last minute in the last round.
You can bet when a finish is going to happen.

And yes, I was joking. I was making fun of the people that think this was rigged because a fighter that has looked like damaged goods ever since a catastrophic injury didn’t do as well as they had hoped. You people are acting like children.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Oh shit sir, how did you get that pink belt?

Buckley looked awesome. A bit wild but he showed he's got the power, cardio and the fight IQ to hang with fighters that possess an elite skill set. A fight with Neal would for sure be fireworks.

Luque seemed to give up which will probably be the big memory of the fight but Buckley was winning by picking some slick shots at range and bombing when close.
Buckley is a real darkhorse at WW. Most of the complaints of his style was cardio and he seems to have fixed what caused him problems. I could see him as champ at WW potentially if he can keep this up. I'm shocked more don't see it. He didn't have the frame for MW to get inside and has less of a problem now with guys his size.

No less than 2 people in the PBP were saying this fight was evidence of the UFC rigging fights. I swear, there are more people on sherdog that hate the ufc then there are actual fans of mma. The memes and culture are all really negative here.
If someone is fixing a fight I don't think anyone is saying the UFC is responsible.. more so that Luque gets someone to bet against him big and in return is rewarded financially. So it's not necessarily hating on the UFC or MMA to bring that up. I mean with how big sports betting is currently it would be naive to think that doesn't happen

And to be fair, if you look at his performance I can see how someone can jump to that accusation. I don't think that's the case here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.. but I think Luque suffered a traumatic serious injury against Neil and his head isn't in the right place.. but I was expecting some takedowns. I can't figure out why he didn't try and use his grappling like he did in his last fight.. that's the way to beat Buckley and he didn't even really try. So who knows what was going on with him in there.

I’m not saying it was fixed but Luque most certainly quit. It’s a pretty even fight and you just decide to flop to your back and turtle up and let the canvas and your forearms eat a bunch of shots until the ref stops it?

He was hospitalized with a brain hemorrhage in 2022

Despite getting licensed again, Luque really doesn't belong in MMA fights. He came into the cage with Buckley having lost 2 of his last 3.

I have a doubt he reacts well to getting hit the head, its not about 'quitting' he's just used up his mileage.

Luque and Barbarena were Leon Edwards best wins for half a decade until he fought Usman.

I’m still convinced Leon the Peon is a pretender. Fought bums and lightweights for a shot at the title, landed a lucky headkick KO, the Usman lost his mojo.

Back