Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants to train with Ronda Rousey

OriginMMA

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
a7c602bdcc.jpg

"Yeah, why not? I would like to visit some gyms and train a little bit before I start my camp in Poland. So yeah, why not. I could maybe visit Ronda

Of course she would. Who wouldn't want to train with the best. I bet she is going to learn all she can from Ronda and one day move up and beat her.

Of course she would. Who wouldn't want to train with the best. I bet she is going to learn all she can from Ronda and one day move up and beat her.

Except they are two weight classes apart...

would benefit Joanna more.

No it wouldn't. It'd benefit Ronda more, if we're going to go there. Joanna is hands down the best striker in the UFC's WMMA league. She's world class in her standup skills and has great sprawling and good scrambling ability too when she does get occasionally taken down. Ronda has great takedowns, from the clinch (not from outside of the clinch), and her striking is technically very bad.

Which one to you sounds more well rounded, and as a result, able to apply their primary strength to stay at the top? Joanna.

2 GOATs training together, is normal?

Well Ghadela is probably the most physical fighter at SW, so it should help. Also if Ghadela dont finish Jedi inside the first 2 rounds, she wont win. Ghadela has a tendency to slows down goin to 3rd round and it wont help that the fight will a 5 rounder

i don't know why people think that it would benefit one or the other more. they are both world champions in two different areas: joanna in striking and ronda in grappling. the wealth of information that can be potentially exchanged is incredible. if this does go down, i would love to see videos of them training together.

Wat?? No, Joanna most likely understands its a lot easier to defend some takedowns from 5'1 Carla than 5'7 Ronda and chains her throws as well as has finishing power.

Joanna seems too smart for that

Well, if Ronda is going to keep going with that 4 horsewomen thing, getting rid of the 3 lackeys she has now and getting another female on par with her for it would be a good start.

i don't know why people think that it would benefit one or the other more. they are both world champions in two different areas: joanna in striking and ronda in grappling. the wealth of information that can be potentially exchanged is incredible. if this does go down, i would love to see videos of them training together.

It would help Joanna more because Glendale has multiple woman fighters already training there. Women can train with men, but it's never going to be quite the same in terms of balance, center of gravity and weight as training with another woman.

Similarly, it's a lot easier to find boxing coaches with experience in the transition to MMA than Judo coaches with experience in the transition to MMA.

All said, it helps both of them.

Jesus...i hope this never happens. then we'll have to hear about Ronda knocking out other UFC WMMA champs in sparring (with body shots)

under the right circumstances.

It would help Joanna more because Glendale has multiple woman fighters already training there. Women can train with men, but it's never going to be quite the same in terms of balance, center of gravity and weight as training with another woman.

Similarly, it's a lot easier to find boxing coaches with experience in the transition to MMA than Judo coaches with experience in the transition to MMA.

All said, it helps both of them.

Joanna has great hands and boxing but she's a kickboxer through and through. A 6x world champion in Muay Thai and 4x European champion. Here are just her Kickboxing and Muay Thai accomplishments alone over a decade of competing and 60 matches...

Kickboxing

J-Girls Kickboxing Federation
J-Girls Champion (2009)
World Budokai Federation
WBKF Pro Title (2013)
World Kickboxing Federation
WKF European Champion (2010)
World Kickboxing Network
WKN World Champion (2010)

Muay Thai

IFMA World Championships
Gold (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Silver (2008)
IFMA European Championships
IFMA European Champion (four times)
World Muaythai Council
WMC/EMF European Champion (one time)

Try finding a truly ELITE Kickboxer & Muay Thai multiple-time world champion that's made the transition to MMA as successfully as Joanna has. Ronda has great Judo but it's effective from a very limited range, Joanna's KB & MT is effective from all ranges, including the clinch and well outside of the clinch. Ronda's elite level Judo doesn't cover all of that.

See sig. Would keel over and die in happiness. The only way this could get better is if the JBG came down to earth to personally bless the two of them with bloody fingerprints on their foreheads.

Ronda has great Judo but it's effective from a very limited range, Joanna's KB & MT is effective from all ranges, including the clinch and well outside of the clinch. Ronda's elite level Judo doesn't cover all of that.

One works both standing and on the ground and the other doesn't. Ronda's judo effectively serves as both her 'wrestling' and 'BJJ' while Joanna's KB/MT serves just as her 'striking'.

I wanna see mighty mouse sparring with Ronda.

Joanna has great hands and boxing but she's a kickboxer through and through. A 6x world champion in Muay Thai and 4x European champion. Here are just her Kickboxing and Muay Thai accomplishments alone over a decade of competing and 60 matches...

Try finding a truly ELITE Kickboxer & Muay Thai multiple-time world champion that's made the transition to MMA as successfully as Joanna has. Ronda has great Judo but it's effective from a very limited range, Joanna's KB & MT is effective from all ranges, including the clinch and well outside of the clinch. Ronda's elite level Judo doesn't cover all of that.

I wonder if hypothetically Ronda and Jedi weight 135 with similar build, i wonder who would be fighting defensively in the clinch worrying about getting tossed and kneed to oblivion like McMann, i wonder who would people favor?

There no doubt about Jedy MuyThai credentials but its MMA and u saw when she fought Ghadela, she mostly threw punches and tried to be quick in and out, she was aware of Ghadelas grappling.

Your trying to sell Rondas Judo way too short. Kickboxing is good and all but in MMA the ref will not seperate them.

Did u see Kufmann and Budd after they got clinched with Ronda? Jedi Hypothetically at 135 would be no different, kickboxing and Muy Thai is great, but Jedy isnt fighting a Ronda Rouse at SW, there is no 5'6 Carla or Randa. Ive heard Carla only 3-4pounds to make SW.

Just accept they're both great in their respective division. Both deserve credit, your being way too biased

Back