Joanna Jedrzejczyk wants to train with Ronda Rousey

Your sig and your Avatar. Enough said. Don't call me biased when you're beyond that point. Joanna would be a stylistic nightmare for Ronda if they were in the same weight class. You don't have to believe me, go read some analysts' breakdowns of them both and what (little) is required to make it 10x harder for Ronda to win the way she's been lately.

You completely ignored the question wat SW can do wat Ronda does in terms of Judo, punishment in the clinch and power in her hands?? None thats why

U havent convinced one bit why Jedi would come close to beating Ronda, oh a jab and move hahahah.

U do understand defending a takedown from Carla and Ghadela are different than defending a throw from an Olympic level Judoka that can hurt u in the midsection and now has more power in her hands right? Oh no lets ignore all that

Your sig and your Avatar. Enough said. Don't call me biased when you're beyond that point. Joanna would be a stylistic nightmare for Ronda if they were in the same weight class. You don't have to believe me, go read some analysts' breakdowns of them both and what (little) is required to make it 10x harder for Ronda to win the way she's been lately.

Its also a lot easier to be a nightmare stylistic match up when Jedy is around 5'61/2 and Carla the best wrestler is 5'1. I personally like striking but in the clinch i dont se Joanna winning at all

The AV and the sig is Mostly to piss of all the Sherbro haters, i enjoy when they salty. If there was no hate towards Ronda i probably wouldn't sport it

Benefit them both for sure, Joanna has never dealt with someone that skilled in takedowns and submissions and Ronda has never had the chance to deal with another woman sparring partner who is that skilled at striking

I think Joanna may show herself to be more well rounded in the long run we will see, her TDD is not only good but she punishes people for trying

Ronda did a single against top BW wrestler Miesha Tate, Joanna would absolutely have to worry about them.

Virtually all of Ronda's takedowns come from the clinch or are initiated inside clinch-range. She shot a single against Tate or went for a single snatch (by not shooting at all)? Cool, but Joanna has a great sprawl, and Ronda isn't an expert at shooting those Freestyle wrestling type takedowns from the distance (since this is where they originally came from).

I suppose we'll get a better sense of how this would go when Ronda fights Holm... if Holm makes it to a TS.

Maybe, maybe not. Holm and Joanna are much different in their styles and bases. Joanna is a kickboxer with great boxing particularly for an elite kickboxer & Muay Thai practitioner. This hypothetical fight would never happen anyway because Joanna is just too small and Ronda is simply too big.

You completely ignored the question wat SW can do wat Ronda does in terms of Judo, punishment in the clinch and power in her hands?? None thats why

U havent convinced one bit why Jedi would come close to beating Ronda, oh a jab and move hahahah.

U do understand defending a takedown from Carla and Ghadela are different than defending a throw from an Olympic level Judoka that can hurt u in the midsection and now has more power in her hands right? Oh no lets ignore all that

You're too delusional to even respond to, yet you tried to say that I was biased toward Joanna. Your AV and sig tell your story. Like I said, enough. The analysts seem to agree with me, those guys that get paid for a living to write about these hypothetical stylistic match-ups and break down fights. They didn't say it was "easy", no, but doable for sure. Ronda has nobody in her division to give her a very tough test where her biggest flaws lie. If you can't admit this then you're at a point of being beyond deluded.

Maybe, maybe not. Holm and Joanna are much different in their styles and bases. Joanna is a kickboxer with great boxing particularly for an elite kickboxer & Muay Thai practitioner. This hypothetical fight would never happen anyway because Joanna is just too small and Ronda is simply too big.

Holm has kickboxed too, but I was mainly referring to a similar gameplan ie. stick and move.

They could theoretically meet at 125 catchweight although Ronda would still have a significant strength advantage unless she's just too drained.

That is possible, but training with probably the best female striker in the UFC...if that can't do it, then maybe nothing can. No guarantee the Joanna will make a great teacher, but if Rickson shows up and offers to teach you BJJ in return for some Judo pointers, may as well take advantage.

She'll need months or even years to make Ronda a good striker, Edmond already taught her flawed methods. Lack of head movement, her footwork is very messy, specially since she wants to transition from striking to clinch, her cage cutting needs tons of work and she ends up being hit a ton in every fight.

Its also a lot easier to be a nightmare stylistic match up when Jedy is around 5'61/2 and Carla the best wrestler is 5'1.

Uh, it's the other way around. Since Carla is nearly a half foot shorter she can level change much quicker to shoot for her takedowns than a taller/leggier individual would be able to from the same stance elevation. What you just proved is how good Joanna's sprawl has to be, her reaction time to the shot, due to it coming quicker and the person shooting also benefiting from a lower center of gravity (COG) than Joanna, which would help them to get underneath her and take her down to the mat. :icon_idea

Uh, it's the other way around. Since Carla is nearly a half foot shorter she can level change much quicker to shoot for her takedowns than a taller/leggier individual would be able to from the same stance elevation. What you just proved is how good Joanna's sprawl has to be, her reaction time to the shot, due to it coming quicker and the person shooting also benefiting from a lower center of gravity (COG) than Joanna, which would help them to get underneath her and take her down to the mat. :icon_idea

I think his point was more general in implying that Carla is arguably undersized in the modern SW division with girls like Jedrzejcyzk, Gadelha, Moroz, Kish, Calderwood etc. becoming common.

Same thing people say about Tecia.

Holm has kickboxed too, but I was mainly referring to a similar gameplan ie. stick and move.

They could theoretically meet at 125 catchweight although Ronda would still have a significant strength advantage unless she's just too drained.

I'm not totally sold on Holm yet in MMA. She's an elite striker (boxer & yeah with some KB experience too) that came into MMA, but from what I've seen of her she hasn't been able to transition her striking skills as well as Joanna has into the sport.

Even at a catchweight Ronda would smash Joanna because of the size difference. Ronda is very big and Joanna is quite small. I was just entertaining the idea of them being the same size (or roughly) and in the same division at the same time. The stick-n-move strategy has worked plenty against great grapplers but whether Holm can pull that off or not remains to be seen. Great if she can, if not, maybe someone else will down the line.

lets be honest here.
what Joanna really wants is an opportunity to sharpen her boxing under Edmond's master coaching.

Guys, no point in arguing with Got GOAT. He prefers to read the catch wrestling Wikipedia so any bjj or judo fighters get shit on.

It stems from insecurities and a need to act like he (copy & paste) knows what he's talking about. Gadelha, Penne, and Esparza had no issues clinching or taking Joanna down. A same-size Ronda would be the betting favorite for good reason.

I think his point was more general in implying that Carla is arguably undersized in the modern SW division with girls like Jedrzejcyzk, Gadelha, Moroz, Kish, Calderwood etc. becoming common.

Same thing people say about Tecia.

Yeah, but being undersized in a wrestler's case can also be an advantage against a striker. Look at Edgar and Mendes, for example. They are/were both undersized and did amazing in their respective divisions (Frankie when he was at LW and became champ). Their lack of size was made up for, at least partially, by a speed increase and the ability to shoot Freestyle wrestling takedowns more quickly than a larger (taller) individual would be able to (since level changing is quicker when you're already shorter to begin with). That and the potential cardio advantage that an undersized wrestler could readily use to grind out a win.

Last edited:
Joanna looking to get tips for days. Probably not going to happen.

Guys, no point in arguing with Got GOAT. He prefers to read the catch wrestling Wikipedia so any bjj or judo fighters get shit on.

I wrote/contributed to the Catch Wrestling Wikipedia page. You didn't know? :redface: And I don't hate Judo, you pulled that from your ass. I don't hate BJJ either, just what you believe they 'invented' is false. I love Sambo and it has a strong Judo influence along with several wrestling styles of course.

It stems from insecurities and a need to act like he (copy & paste) knows what he's talking about. Gadelha, Penne, and Esparza had no issues clinching or taking Joanna down. A same-size Ronda would be the betting favorite for good reason.

Ronda isn't a Freestyle takedown artist, she's a Judoka. Did you see Gadelha's explosive takedowns in her last fight? Joanna isn't fighting women that can't wrestle. Joanna does great with her sprawling and scrambling so you pulled that out of your ass also.

That is possible, but training with probably the best female striker in the UFC...if that can't do it, then maybe nothing can. No guarantee the Joanna will make a great teacher, but if Rickson shows up and offers to teach you BJJ in return for some Judo pointers, may as well take advantage.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk is already running MT/KB seminars for several years, and teaches how to strikes.

[YT]BB3cFcKsR6c[/YT]

[YT]pAoIan0kr0I[/YT]

2 of the best

lets be honest here.
what Joanna really wants is an opportunity to sharpen her boxing under Edmond's master coaching.

Yes, this way she can be knocking out HW male boxers as well

Back