Jiri wins the rematch

He had time to prepare for the kicks.. it's not like Alex all of a sudden pulled out an ace from his sleeve with those kicks

Jiri also has a style where he stands very heavy on that leg

He had some moments but overall it looked like Pereira was slowly picking him apart with the leg kicks. In the end it was his own aggression that caught him too.
Jiri was going to win easily if he followed calls from coach - He literally yelled on him to take Pereira down and dont chase him after he rocked Pereira....but its what it is.

It did seem like Jiri was really starting to fluster Alex when he put his foot on the gas coming forward and throwing punches. But is what it is, walked himself into a counter. Not the first time it’s happened to jiri. He’s the embodiment of live by the sword, die by the sword in this sport

Jiri's only change against poatan is to just tee off without giving a shit about getting ko'd.

He would have beaten Alex if this fight was a few months before he got injured. Time off from injury, getting older, and his lack of striking defense is what did it for him.

I thought he was winning that until he made a mistake. So yeah, I can definitely agree.

Sadly, while I love Jiri, I don't think it likely. He loves trying to slip inside leaning forward once his opponent bites, and Pereira's left hook is tailor made to check him once he enters that way. I need him to put on his wrestling leotard if he gets to run this one back.

He had some moments but overall it looked like Pereira was slowly picking him apart with the leg kicks. In the end it was his own aggression that caught him too.

Pereira was clearly the professional, Jiri the amateur.

Most of the momentum was controlled by Pereira.

Completely agree, all Jiri had was "some moments," but Procházka does not carry the same power Pereira does ... and he doesn't have the professionalism to sustain his moments — while Pereira does have the professionalism to build momentum over the course of the fight.

Without the KO, Alex would still have picked him apart and knocked him out between Rounds 3 and 5.

Alex can win the rematch if he hits Jiri really hard

Back