Jiri Prochazka targets October return, thinks Jon Jones is getting tired of defending LHW title.

It’s the way to go Unless Jones budges

a potential title unification rematch between Reyes / jones might actually be the biggest lhw fight since jones / dc

that leaves jiri with Corey Anderson I guess

Nah Gus vs JBJ 2 was much more anticipated than Reyes 2 will be.

Jiri's TDD is pretty alright i'd say. Not the best but he's not Johnny walker tier. He should clip Anderson like he did Volkan.
Definitely ... There were 3 fighters in Rizin which took Jiří on ground :

Němkov - Crazy match full of action - Němkov collapsed at end of first (10 min) round cuz exhaustion

Albrektsson - He controlled Jiri for while and Jiri once again prooved how crazy he is - he stopped to defend himself and yelled on Albrektsson to hit harder (Albrektsson gassed and lost via TKO)

Halsey - Was able to takedown Jiri 2x (1x hardly unfair and failure by ref in my opinion) but again Jiri proved his crazyness (same story as with Albrektsson) and Halsey gassed out

BTW - No one should understimate Jiri's groundgame its his secret weapon

Last edited:
Good, looking forward to seeing him back in the cage. Many newer fighters that are grabbing interest and looking solid.

Why keep killing contenders by making them fight Corey, let him get a couple wins at the lower ranks first

Some Q&A from Jiri's channel -

By rumours - UFC offered to Jiří fight with Johnny in September and Jiri declined .

He is going to fight with Corey Anderson / Nikita Krylov or with winner of Smith vs Rakic / Santos vs Teixeira , maybe Blachowycz/Reyes but i dont believe that they'll accept this fight in their position.

Walker vs Jiri? It would be awesome but the timing is terrible.

Walker is coming off 2 loses.. Jiri just starched a top 10 guy who has never been finished.

BTW.. he sounds like really down to earth and cool guy. Very likeable.

He’s flashy and clearly has power, but his striking defense needs work. I’m not saying that Jones can catch him and KO him (especially the current / cautious / coasting veteran version of Jones); just that Jiri needs to work on it if he wants to be the champion.

Looking at who us available, I like Jiri vs Krylov next.

If Ankalaev or Cutelaba win & want a quick turnaround either would be a great next fight for Jiri.

205 is low-key awesome, just need to get Jones/Reyes or Reyes/Jan(interim) booked asap.

Jiri Prochazka made quite the splash in his UFC debut and the big Czech is keen to keep the momentum going.

Prochazka (27-3-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) scored a spectacular second-round knockout of Volkan Oezdemir at UFC 251 in Abu Dhabi as he extended his win streak to 11.

The former Rizin FF light heavyweight champion drew a stern test on his octagon debut, but he passed that test with flying colors and now finds himself in the UFC’s light heavyweight top 10. Now Prochazka wants to keep leveling up his opponents, and says he’ll upgrade his performances to match.

“I’m very glad for that,” Prochazka told MMA Junkie. “That was a nice step from the UFC because after Rizin, I had so many fights and they give me very good opponents, but I like it. I’m very glad for that, because I need to challenge myself. I need to have tough opponents in front of me because my opponent will make my performance.”

Prochazka came out relatively unscathed and said he wants to return before the end of the year. He has no specific opponent in mind, but doesn’t see himself being too far away from a title shot.

“I think October will be a very nice month for fighting, something like that,” he said. “October, November, I wanna fight.”

He continued, “I don’t care (who I face next). In the light heavyweight division, every guy has a good style and I like them. I don’t care, I just want to go for the title, so I don’t care who they give me. I just want to show my skills, my power and my technique.”

Nobody has been able to figure out the puzzle of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Prochazka expects him to still be at the division’s summit when he eventually gets into title contention.

Jones’ decision wins against Thiago Santos and Dominick Reyes were much closer than his previous title defenses, with some observers scoring the fights to his opponents. But Prochazka says Jones’ less-dominant displays could be down to weariness, rather than the level of his opposition.

“I think he must be very tired,” Prochazka said. “Jon Jones must be very tired from defending the title. Still and still the champion, so I don’t know what’s his motivation to be the champion. Maybe I’m on the level to be on top, but I’m learning from fight to fight, and I need to fight one or two more fights and then I’ll feel more comfortable in the UFC. I need to feel at home in the fights, so I think one or two more fights and everything will be on the right way to the top

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...hest-challenges/amp?__twitter_impression=true

there is full interview

Last edited:
Back