Jessica Andrade Wants The Winner of Namajunas vs Zhang

If she can put together a couple of wins at 115, sure.

Andrade is rightfully the #1 ranked contender at 125, and she absolutely deserves whoever she wants at 115.

Why? She hasn't won in that division in a little over 2 years now, she is 1-1 with the reigning champ losing to her the last time they fought. She lost to #1 and #2 definitively and #3 is on the longest winning streak in the division unless Suarez returns to 115. So why would Andrade deserve whomever she wants?

Esparza doesn’t deserve a title shot.
I’m not even hating, but I just can’t think of a less significant fighter in the UFC. She has her achievements being the 2nd women’s champ ever but really she was just a stepping stone before Joanna had a damn good title reign. I just can’t see Esparza as a threat to any of the contenders and even the champ who she’s already beaten in that division.
Rose, Andrade, Joanna, and Weili can have a fatal four way for that belt
Other then that I see the younger and newer girls to become contenders sooner rather then later as skill wise the new school girls are simply more well rounded

I just said Carla should be next.
I know, I was just referring to the fact that they're picking Zhang over Esparza.

But if another win is actually necessary, then a win over Andrade would certainly put her over the top
I just don't think Andrade deserves that fight.

Does Carla want to just sit out, and wait? It will have been a good year between fights for Carla. Does she want to just sit on the bench, with no guarantees?
Since she doesn't even have a fight booked nearly six months after her last fight, I'm leaning towards her deciding to wait it out.

Esparza doesn't need to take another fight. After Rose beats Weili again, Carla is next.

And after Esparza, the winner of Dern vs Rodriguez.

I'm sure Andrade isn't even being considered. She needs to beat someone like Joanna or Weili to get back in the picture at 115.

I know, I was just referring to the fact that they're picking Zhang over Esparza.

I just don't think Andrade deserves that fight.

Since she doesn't even have a fight booked nearly six months after her last fight, I'm leaning towards her deciding to wait it out.
It’s her call. I’m just here for the fights. She isn’t getting any younger. And sitting out means not getting paid. I’m just looking at it objectively.

Those cuts to 115 were brutal on her near the end. I can see her going down to 115 for a title fight but for a bunch of non-title fights that's another ball game. So much politics surrounding the 115 belt. There really aren't any at 125. Stay at 125 and fight out your contract. With a streak of wins she may have better luck negotiating with the UFC for title shots. Of course with age cutting to 115 becomes much harder. She probably needs a partial move to the US or another gym in Brazil to help with her weight cuts. The US however probably has the good shit.

She probably needs a partial move to the US or another gym in Brazil to help with her weight cuts. The US however probably has the good shit.
Accusing another woman of PEDs...why am I not surprised.

Carla has to get the next shot or the UFC isn't a legitimate sports organization

My guess is that the winner of Dern/Rodriguez will go after that

This is another reason why the rematch is so fucking unwarranted. The division's getting congested.

If Andrade wants to get back in the picture, put her up against Xiaonan.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jes...-rose-namajunas-rematch-with-weili-zhang/?amp

A pretty undeserved request if you ask me. She moves up to an easier weight class and beat two girls nowhere near the level of the fight shesasking for, both of which have wins over her.

If anything she should get the loser of this fight. She sure doesn't deserve a title shot at SW.
I have a feeling they will do Carla dirty and book her against Andrade.

Andrade beats her too

Carla has to get the next shot or the UFC isn't a legitimate sports organization

My guess is that the winner of Dern/Rodriguez will go after that

This is another reason why the rematch is so fucking unwarranted. The division's getting congested.

If Andrade wants to get back in the picture, put her up against Xiaonan.
UFC is a sports entertainment business so yeah, Andrade getting the titleshot before Carla wouldn't suprise me. Atleast not if Rose wins.

I think she should stay at 125 and try for one more shot at Shevchenko. I know she got dominated the first time but its a shallow division and if Andrade keeps running through the other 125ers why not give her a title shot? Andrade is basically the only decent fighter at 125 that isn't holding a belt. The champ might be a step or two ahead but I don't see anyone else at 125 giving Andrade problems. Fucking Lauren Murphy won four fights in a row, Andrade would lay waste to this division with enough time.

I like your points but disagree. Assuming her main goal is to hold a belt again (not just getting another title shot), then her best chances are still at 115. She is 1-1 with the champion, gave Joanna a very tough fight early in her career and could probably beat Zhang in a rematch.

Also she is equally close to a TS in either weight class. She'd still need to fight a top opponent. Let's say she fights Carla or rematches Joanna, she'd be right there for a title shot. It is true that one fight would probably be harder at 115 than whoever she would face at 125, but at least if she gets past that she'd have some real chances at regaining the belt. At 125, I don't think she beats Shevchenko even if they fight 10 more times. And frankly Jessica herself probably thinks this, because fighters don't normally thinking about changing weight class right after a victory.

Nah, Rose vs Carla 2 has the perfect built-in story.

Who gives a fuck about Andrade, other than people who like women on PEDs who look like dudes?
Who cares what they look like other than casuals? Fighting ability isn't the #1 priority for you eh? If i wanna watch hot girls there's plenty of other places to go.

Lol at Rose's "win" over Andrade being used as a reason Andrade doesn't deserve a title shot. Rose was real lucky that wasn't a championship fight. Andrade takes a 5-rounder against Rose all day everyday.

Why is win in quotes? Rose clearly won 2 rounds that fight, saying "Yeah but if it was a 5 round fight....." but it wasn't. You can't extrapolate a 3 round fight and determine how a potential 5 round fight would go. The training and preparation would be different, not to mention the energy management.

And destroyed the two women not named Shevchenko. But, she needs to fight Carla to EARN a TS at SW. Anything else would not be fair to Carla, imo.

I agree with you but a rubber match with Andrade would make much more sense than giving Weili an immediate rematch. That's the real travesty.

Esparza doesn’t deserve a title shot.
I’m not even hating, but I just can’t think of a less significant fighter in the UFC. She has her achievements being the 2nd women’s champ ever but really she was just a stepping stone before Joanna had a damn good title reign. I just can’t see Esparza as a threat to any of the contenders and even the champ who she’s already beaten in that division.
Rose, Andrade, Joanna, and Weili can have a fatal four way for that belt
Other then that I see the younger and newer girls to become contenders sooner rather then later as skill wise the new school girls are simply more well rounded

How does she not deserve a title shot? You can say you think she has no shot of beating any of the other women you mentioned, but she's definitely earned her shot. You can't just keep having the same top 3-4 women fight each other for the belt.

I agree with you but a rubber match with Andrade would make much more sense than giving Weili an immediate rematch. That's the real travesty.
Except Andrade wasn’t in the division when the fight was made. And never even spoke of a possible return. So it’s irrelevant at this point.

And Carla still deserved the next shot.

Except Andrade wasn’t in the division when the fight was made. And never even spoke of a possible return. So it’s irrelevant at this point.

And Carla still deserved the next shot.

Carla 100% deserved the next shot, but even saying that is irrelevant since merit isn't the only (or even main) criterion of UFC matchmakers.

As unfortunate as it is she got leapfrogged and almost certainly will need to take another fight to get her title shot.

Give Andrade whoever she wants at 115, she is pure firepower and one of the best wmma fighters to watch regardless of weight class

Back