Jessica Andrade Wants The Winner of Namajunas vs Zhang

Kyojiro Kagenuma

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
EB20100310REVIEWS100319994AR.jpg

2 - 3 in her last 5 fights. She doesn't deserve a shot at either SW nor FlyW. I think she needs at least 2 more top 5 wins before she should even be considered for another title opportunity. I would like to see her go up against Joanna Jedrzejczyk and/or Carla Esparza next.

Hardly undeserved. But she should have to beat Carla first. They can’t just skip over her for next shot.. Again.

It’s like Glover getting skipped for Izzy. What’s right is what’s right. They have to do the right thing sometimes.

Beat Carla, and I’m all for it. But, Andrade should not skip the line, imo.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jes...-rose-namajunas-rematch-with-weili-zhang/?amp

A pretty undeserved request if you ask me. She moves up to an easier weight class and beat two girls nowhere near the level of the fight shesasking for, both of which have wins over her.

If anything she should get the loser of this fight. She sure doesn't deserve a title shot at SW.

Lol at Rose's "win" over Andrade being used as a reason Andrade doesn't deserve a title shot. Rose was real lucky that wasn't a championship fight. Andrade takes a 5-rounder against Rose all day everyday.

Carla should be the one fighting for the title in November. It would suck to see two stylistic threats to Rose fight each other in a title eliminator, so let Carla have the next shot and put a warm body in there with Andrade so she can have the next one.

Hardly undeserved. But she should have to beat Carla first. They can’t just skip over her for next shot.. Again.

It’s like Glover getting skipped for Izzy. What’s right is what’s right. They have to do the right thing sometimes.

Beat Carla, and I’m all for it. But, Andrade should not skip the line, imo.
Esparza should've gotten a title shot over Zhang.

Andrade can fight the loser of Rodriguez vs. Dern, while Esparza can fight the winner (or hold out for a title shot).

I think she should stay at 125 and try for one more shot at Shevchenko. I know she got dominated the first time but its a shallow division and if Andrade keeps running through the other 125ers why not give her a title shot? Andrade is basically the only decent fighter at 125 that isn't holding a belt. The champ might be a step or two ahead but I don't see anyone else at 125 giving Andrade problems. Fucking Lauren Murphy won four fights in a row, Andrade would lay waste to this division with enough time.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jes...-rose-namajunas-rematch-with-weili-zhang/?amp

A pretty undeserved request if you ask me. She moves up to an easier weight class and beat two girls nowhere near the level of the fight shesasking for, both of which have wins over her.

If anything she should get the loser of this fight. She sure doesn't deserve a title shot at SW.
Chookagian is an extremely good win and is #2 in the division. Calvillo is #5. Andrade is rightfully the #1 ranked contender at 125, and she absolutely deserves whoever she wants at 115.

Esparza should've gotten a title shot over Zhang.

Andrade can fight the loser of Rodriguez vs. Dern, while Esparza can fight the winner (or hold out for a title shot).
I just said Carla should be next. They can’t just skip over her. But if another win is actually necessary, then a win over Andrade would certainly put her over the top. The question is.. With the fuckery we see in the UFC. Does Carla want to just sit out, and wait? It will have been a good year between fights for Carla. Does she want to just sit on the bench, with no guarantees?

Playing Devil’s advocate. Don’t blame me, blame the UFC.

Lol at Rose's "win" over Andrade being used as a reason Andrade doesn't deserve a title shot. Rose was real lucky that wasn't a championship fight. Andrade takes a 5-rounder against Rose all day everyday.

Carla should be the one fighting for the title in November. It would suck to see two stylistic threats to Rose fight each other in a title eliminator, so let Carla have the next shot and put a warm body in there with Andrade so she can have the next one.
Rose did win that fight. Jessica doesn't deserve a title shot coming off a loss in the division

Back