Jessica Andrade To Remain On UFC 207; Possibly Against Karate Hottie?

Andrade should already be booked to fight JJ. I get it would be cool to have 2 title fights and 3 #1 contender fights on the 207 Main Card, but killing off 2 contenders when there is nobody else that really stands out behind them doesn't make a lot of sense.

1. Gadelha-JJ beat her twice, too soon for a 3rd fight
2. KK-soundly beaten by JJ, no immediate rematch. Probably needs 2 wins.
3. Carla-should fight Gadelha, nobody wants to see that JJ fight again
4. Rose-just lost to KK, probably needs 2 wins for a Title shot
5. Andrade-ding ding ding, coming off back to back 1st round finishes over Penne and Calderwood
6. Torres-lost to Rose in April, fighting Bec in Houston. Probably 3 wins away from a shot.
7. Waterson-Should probably be in a #1 contender fight to get next title shot. Her vs Moroz is low risk and could produce the next contender after Andrade.

I would book the SW's like this

JJ vs Andrade
Gadelha vs Esparza
KK vs Calderwood
Rose vs Lima
Torres vs Bec (already booked)
Waterson vs Moroz
Penne vs Casey
Grasso vs Herrig (already booked)
Suarez vs Pereira
Solid fights. FUCK YOU JOE SILVA

That's a clear title eliminator. There's no one else.
With the way things have been going in this new WME_IMG era,I bet Rose gets the next title shot mainly because that fight would probably make the most money.

I can't see it being waterson.

Maybe not, but I can't think of anyone else other than an Invicta fighter getting thrown to the sharks for a UFC opportunity on short notice.
No Invicta fighters. They have not been under the USADA limits or whatever dumb ass reason they won't let Hill fight.

An Invicta FC fighter who might take that short notice fight would be atomweight champion Ayaka Hamasaki. She has been wanting to get taken into the UFC, with no success apparently, which is why she sent a challenge to Angela Hill to fight for the Invicta FC strawweight belt (as a stepping-stone into the UFC). As a current atomweight, the weight cut is probably not an issue. Hamasaki has fought at strawweight before: her only loss ever in her pro career was to Claudia Gadelha.

ayaka-profile-pic.jpg
Invicta doesn't use USADA testing. So they are not eligible.

No Invicta fighters. They have not been under the USADA limits or whatever dumb ass reason they won't let Hill fight.

Invicta doesn't use USADA testing. So they are not eligible.

Hill's problem was not that she was an Invicta FC fighter, it was that she had been in the UFC previously. Not in the UFC previously, then no USADA problem. It is a weird rule.

Isn't she fighting Angela Hill? Didn't Hill step up for Moroz?
Moroz fell out and Hill doesn't meet USADA guidelines. She needs to be tested for 4 months. Too bad she isn't a 300lbs steroid abusing pro wrestler.

Hill's problem was not that she was an Invicta FC fighter, it was that she had been in the UFC previously. Not in the UFC previously, then no USADA problem. It is a weird rule.
No it was because she wasn't tested for 4 months previous to her fight. Invicta doesn't use USADA as for as I know. So none of the fighters will be able to fill in without the 4 month process or an exemption.

Michelle laughed at the idea when Ariel brought it up. If they can get anyone I say do it. Jessica with a win over anyone va JJ Champion is cool with me.

I don't expect Michelle to take that fight. And I think it would be a bad idea if she did.

No it was because she wasn't tested for 4 months previous to her fight. Invicta doesn't use USADA as for as I know. So none of the fighters will be able to fill in without the 4 month process or an exemption.

That's not the way this article reported it.

Angela Hill’s UFC return on hold due to four-month returning fighter rule

by Marc Raimondi@marc_raimondi Dec 13, 2016, 7:51pm EST
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...n-on-hold-due-to-four-month-returning-fighter

"The provision requires a fighter coming back to the UFC to spend four months in the USADA drug-testing pool before competing. Hill was in the pool last year before she was released in October 2015."

~

Another source:

"USADA has a rule that if you have competed in the UFC, are cut, then brought back, you have to sit out 3 months before you can compete again. On the other hand, if you have never fought in the UFC, there is no wait time."

http://www.mikethetruth.com/2016/12...ent-about-not-being-able-to-fight-at-ufc-207/

Last edited:
That's not the way this article reported it.

Angela Hill’s UFC return on hold due to four-month returning fighter rule

by Marc Raimondi@marc_raimondi Dec 13, 2016, 7:51pm EST
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...n-on-hold-due-to-four-month-returning-fighter

"The provision requires a fighter coming back to the UFC to spend four months in the USADA drug-testing pool before competing. Hill was in the pool last year before she was released in October 2015."

~
It is a returning-to-the-UFC rule, not a first-time in the UFC rule.
"Invicta Fighting Championship Strawweight Champion Angela Hill’s return to the UFC has been delayed for at least four months due to a USADA rule stating that a fighter must be in their testing pull for four months before competing in the UFC."

This goes to show that MMA media is the worst.

Id be interested in a Karate Hottie vs. Esparza fight.

In reality- one of the two is likely fighting Andrade. Agree with those who speculate Waterson would be unlikely to take such a substantial fight on short notice. That has title implications. Jackson-Wink and co. don't strike me as the types to jump into a situation so quickly.

Not to mention, Waterson likely wants to spend the holidays with her kid and husband, not in the gym.

<9>Lol at a Jackson fighter not named Cowboy fighting within 2 months notice.

Would love for that to happen though.

Michelle had lost 2 fights in the past 9 years.

Both were short notice fights.

It ain't happening.

On the MMA Hour today, she said she likes a 8 to 10 week camp.

Shit, Michelle fights once this year and everyone immediately calls her out. Rose called her out too.

Michelle took the Hyped Cutie Crown from Vanzant. Everyone wants to destroy the Hyped Cutie and get the fame and money. The only difference is, most fighters seem to respect Waterson, as opposed to the active hate Vanzant got.

I don't think she'll fight on the card.

Back