Jessica Andrade To Remain On UFC 207; Possibly Against Karate Hottie?

Can't blame Waterson if she doesnt accept that fight on short notice. Perhaps if the UFC promised a title shot to the winner it might entice her?

Id be interested in a Karate Hottie vs. Esparza fight.

In reality- one of the two is likely fighting Andrade. Agree with those who speculate Waterson would be unlikely to take such a substantial fight on short notice. That has title implications. Jackson-Wink and co. don't strike me as the types to jump into a situation so quickly.

Not to mention, Waterson likely wants to spend the holidays with her kid and husband, not in the gym.

Can't blame Waterson if she doesnt accept that fight on short notice. Perhaps if the UFC promised a title shot to the winner it might entice her?

It might, but history shows that a promised title shot isn't worth a damn thing.

Andrade should already be booked to fight JJ. I get it would be cool to have 2 title fights and 3 #1 contender fights on the 207 Main Card, but killing off 2 contenders when there is nobody else that really stands out behind them doesn't make a lot of sense.

1. Gadelha-JJ beat her twice, too soon for a 3rd fight
2. KK-soundly beaten by JJ, no immediate rematch. Probably needs 2 wins.
3. Carla-should fight Gadelha, nobody wants to see that JJ fight again
4. Rose-just lost to KK, probably needs 2 wins for a Title shot
5. Andrade-ding ding ding, coming off back to back 1st round finishes over Penne and Calderwood
6. Torres-lost to Rose in April, fighting Bec in Houston. Probably 3 wins away from a shot.
7. Waterson-Should probably be in a #1 contender fight to get next title shot. Her vs Moroz is low risk and could produce the next contender after Andrade.

I would book the SW's like this

JJ vs Andrade
Gadelha vs Esparza
KK vs Calderwood
Rose vs Lima
Torres vs Bec (already booked)
Waterson vs Moroz
Penne vs Casey
Grasso vs Herrig (already booked)
Suarez vs Pereira

Maybe not, but I can't think of anyone else other than an Invicta fighter getting thrown to the sharks for a UFC opportunity on short notice.

An Invicta FC fighter who might take that short notice fight would be atomweight champion Ayaka Hamasaki. She has been wanting to get taken into the UFC, with no success apparently, which is why she sent a challenge to Angela Hill to fight for the Invicta FC strawweight belt (as a stepping-stone into the UFC). As a current atomweight, the weight cut is probably not an issue. Hamasaki has fought at strawweight before: her only loss ever in her pro career was to Claudia Gadelha.

ayaka-profile-pic.jpg

<9>Lol at a Jackson fighter not named Cowboy fighting within 2 months notice.

Would love for that to happen though.

2. KK-soundly beaten by JJ, no immediate rematch. Probably needs 2 wins.

If they were to do KK vs Claudia, could definitely do a JJ vs KK rematch in Poland next year if KK were to win that fight.

I agree that Andrade should already be getting the next shot tho.

Extremely dangerous for Waterman.

I know Andrade is shorter but she is a lot more powerful it won't even be close in the clinch or ground.

Shit, Michelle fights once this year and everyone immediately calls her out. Rose called her out too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back