Jeremy Stephens Calls Out Frankie Edgar For Fight @ UFC 194

Would be 3 rounds so i think Stephens has a chance.
Frankie turns it up in the 4th and 5th.

Still got Edgar 29-28.

Where is JS ranked? Dangerous fight but winnable for Frankie. He can't wait forever for a title shot. Might as well stay busy.

It's an awesome matchup.

Do they reward Stephens with a fight like this after missing weight? He did kinda redeem himself with a glorious 3rd round flying knee finish.

Frankie can fill in for Aldo at the last minute and nobody could say he had an excuse of not enough time to prepare if he were to lose. Much better situation than just keeping him on "stand-by."

Yeah, they should have someone scheduled to fight on the same card as Conor/Aldo as a replacement option for when Aldo pulls out.

Easy win for Edgar, but also a lose-lose situation for him. Dana will make it because he hates Edgar.

How could you possibly believe that? Edgar got tons and tons of title fights and tons of decisions go in his favor.

UFC doesnt want to give him ANOTHER title fight ahead of fucking Conor McGregor and now Dana personally hates him?

Frankie should just wait to see if Aldo can stay healthy, McGregor will need an opponent regardless.

Perfect timing if Aldo pulls out. What a card that would be

Aldo/Conor
Weidman/Rockhold
Jacare/Romero
Edgar/Stephens

why would anyone in their right minds call out frank edgar
they d be beaten and that too probably in a dominant decision

Easy win for Edgar, but also a lose-lose situation for him. Dana will make it because he hates Edgar.

Dana hates Frankie so much that he gave him an immediate title rematch after dropping 4 rounds to Benson then another immediate title fight on a two-fight skid.

Is it possible that they could set this up, and if Aldo pulls out they could then put Edgar vs McGregor and bring in someone else to fight Stephens?

put him up against frankie for him to get a deserved beating

Stephens should fight Faber.

Edgar deserves a title shot at this point, the only other thing that makes sense is the Holloway/Do Bronx winner.

I'd like Frankie to fight Holloway if he beats Do Bronx.

Totally missed you making mod, well done. I'd thought you would make a good mod for a long time now. Good on you.

I also agree with you about Edgar fighting Holloway. Stephens is not in the right place for Frankie right now. Holloway is much closer to the top of the division and a win for either man cements them as the next in line for a shot. Edgar should really be a lock now, but Aldo/McGregor is still a long way off and after McGregor wins Aldo will get his (now mandatory) instant rematch - too long to wait.

Back