Jeremy Stephens Calls Out Frankie Edgar For Fight @ UFC 194

Like somebody mentioned earlier, I would be all for this if in fact he made weight last time.

This fight would go just like Frankie cd cub, only Frankie would finish him faster.

I'd be fine with this fight. Stephens would be the highest ranked guy available for Frankie and it keeps him busy against top fighters. Only other option really is Kawajiri.

Jeremy wants a fight with Edgar because a win would potentially bring him very close to getting a shot at McGregor money.

This would be a good prelim headline, Edgar should get the next title shot so this would keep him warmed up.

It's a mismatch but Frankie fighting just about anyone at FW outside of the top 3 is going to be a mismatch.

I'd be okay with this if Holloway either loses on Sunday or an injury prevents him from being ready by December

I don't have a problem with that. Practically no one would be good enough for Edgar anyway.

Stephens deserves the fight imo but I don't see how he wins it.

why must Frankie suffer such indignities.
The prince of Bahrain gives him proper respect but not here in the US and twitterland.

With all the b.s. going on with the UFC, Edgar's probably been told to be ready to step in for Aldo despite what everyone has been told he has on tap.

May as well have Frankie move to welterweight and fight CM Punk.

I don't like it, but I'll admit that it's because I'm an Edgar fan and I want to preserve his chin as much as I can until he fights for the title again, which he absolutely deserves already. Edgar has great chin and recovery, but he can only handle so many of these wars and Stephens hits HARD.

Last edited:
Stephens deserves the fight imo but I don't see how he wins it.

Deserves the #1 contender? Few loss in his last few fights, missed weight. Not sure I agree with that.

I'm a Stephens fan, he's one of my favorite guys in that division. I think he's still a fight or two away from pulling the top guy in the division.

Maybe the back office makes this as a holding fight. The FW title picture is a mess. If Holloway beans Oliveria, thats seven in a row? What do you do with him?

Frankie will be doing a full camp for when Aldo drops out so why wouldn't he take an easy fight for him?

This is actually a very good point. No doubt in my mind Frankie will be preparing for that call-up.

I like this fight- it's a reasonably high ranked opponent for Frankie and if he wins it keeps him next in line for the title. Stephens is never going to hold the title so they can use him as Cannon fodder.

Deserves the #1 contender? Few loss in his last few fights, missed weight. Not sure I agree with that.

I'm a Stephens fan, he's one of my favorite guys in that division. I think he's still a fight or two away from pulling the top guy in the division.

Maybe the back office makes this as a holding fight. The FW title picture is a mess. If Holloway beans Oliveria, thats seven in a row? What do you do with him?

Maybe you're right. I thought Stephens' last performance was incredible but again I don't see him having anything for Frankie.

And again, I imagine Frankie will be preparing for a call-up to fight on the December show. If Aldo doesn't pull out however I don't know who else would be a viable opponent for Edgar. Nobody deserves to fight him really outside of Aldo/McGregor/Mendes. If Holloway wins his next fight he'll be deserving but a fight vs Frankie would bring his momentum to a screaching halt.

if someone is going to knock out Frankie at 145, Stephens arguably has the best shot.

Back