Jeremy Stephens Calls Out Frankie Edgar For Fight @ UFC 194

I thought he was rematching Dennis?

He's 1-2 in his last 3, and he missed weight in that win.

So, no.

Frankie should just wait to see if Aldo can stay healthy, McGregor will need an opponent regardless.

It's an awesome matchup.

Do they reward Stephens with a fight like this after missing weight? He did kinda redeem himself with a glorious 3rd round flying knee finish.

Frankie can fill in for Aldo at the last minute and nobody could say he had an excuse of not enough time to prepare if he were to lose. Much better situation than just keeping him on "stand-by."

I'd be down for it if he hadn't missed weight last time out.

not the first time for these two. Figured it would happen soon.

Can't blame Stephens for trying.

why must Frankie suffer such indignities.
The prince of Bahrain gives him proper respect but not here in the US and twitterland.

I'd like Frankie to fight Holloway if he beats Do Bronx.

Easy win for Edgar, but also a lose-lose situation for him. Dana will make it because he hates Edgar.

Can't blame Stephens for trying.

Dont see stephens winning in any situation against edgar. But yeah as you said cant blame him. Surprised others havent jumped at edgar he is the obvious ticket to the next title shot.

Stephens would only win on a Hail Mary KO

Would be the fight I'd make on 194, decent fight and if there is an injury Edgar can step in.

Some say do Edgar/Mendes or Oliveira/Max winner but I'd do Stephens fight and let Max/Oliveira continue to climb the ranks in the div.

Frankie should definitely be on 194, gives them a backup if Aldo or McGregor fall through. Either with Stephens or Mendes

Style wise I think it's a bad match up for him

He might tag Edgar but Edgar would still get the W in the end

I'm a fan of both fighters so don't really want to see it

No, not interested. Frankie is way above Stephens, and Frankie needs to be ready in case Aldo gets injured, again.

I think Stephens is over reaching at the current time. But I'd be down for it. Can't see Jeremy winning it though, other than a really well timed shot.

Back