Jenna Renne's abuse allegations toward Travis Browne, What do you think?

If she went to the police and not just posted on social media, it'd be a different story.

Whatever happened I don't think the woman is the sharpest tool in the shed. If you get beat down you go and report it to the police, not twitter/instagram/facebook whatever.

It could be true, but I doubt it until this all clears up. Women can be crazy too. I will just wait and see how this unfolds.

Being told "Go to the cops and I'll kill you" right after being beaten badly by the person saying this is a powerful deterrent. Not saying that's what happened but I'm offering a plausible alternative. I also doubt she gave the bruises to herself.

But sure from a legal standpoint you're right.

Playing devil's advocate...

How does it make remote sense for someone who fears for her life so much that she will NOT go to the police, but is perfectly willing to go to social media and post a photo on Instagram?

Wouldn't it be more probable that if Browne actually threatened her it would be, "Don't go to the cops and don't tell a soul" than "Don't go to the cops, but if you post it on the Internet, I don't mind..."

Why would she consider herself any safer by posting it on social media? If she felt posting it on social media would ensure her safety through public exposure, then why wouldn't she do BOTH? IE, go to the police AND post it on Instagram?

Even though I'd be very wary of siding with a potential abuser; of course it's possible she is doing it for vindictive reasons, and she certainly hasn't helped her case by going public and waiting for the UFC to do something before pressing charges.
Not to mention the burden of proof for a company that has a zero tolerance policy on this sort of thing (for obvious reasons) would be a lot lower than criminal and even civil proceedings, i.e. if there even was a whiff of truth to this, they would have dropped Browne like a hot potato. It's not like he isn't expendable either.

Maybe he is not the most important fighter but their brand is absolutely worth defending from any association with domestic violence. I do not know why anyone cares about a ufc investigation. I think the police can and will do what is needed. Then we will know something to talk about.

I think we need more threads about fights and less threads about shit like this; I think I'm ashamed for even commenting this thread and possibly perpetuating this shitty thread; and finally, I think I'm going to bed.

Sleep tight pupper.

Being told "Go to the cops and I'll kill you" right after being beaten badly by the person saying this is a powerful deterrent. Not saying that's what happened but I'm offering a plausible alternative. I also doubt she gave the bruises to herself.

I think he made some good points. Yours however doesn't really make sense. She was scared to go to the police because of death threats but she had no fear of posting on instagram for the entire world to see?

Maybe he did beat her but, like the post you quoted pointed out, there is definitely a lot of red flags and divorce is a dirty dirty game.

I'm not siding with Travis necessarily but it does "seem" like this is an attempt to destroy his career and reputation.

Is it possible that she hates him so much for some other reason to just make up all of the accusations?

Yes, it is very possible that she made this up. You'd be surprised how many women do something to mark their face and body up and then say their husband beat them/constantly abuses them.

If a woman gets someone to bruise her up and make her look beaten, she can get the husband arrested very easily. All she has to do is call them and tell them that her husband just beat the shit out of her and is always abusing her, and the cops will come over and they will very likely arrest you.

I watched a crime case on TV (basically the only stuff I watch because my dad thinks he's a f'n detective or something) and a cop was talking about how they almost always arrest the husband (unless it was somebody else she was talking about) because they have to take it very seriously. They can't take any chances and they have to arrest and remove the husband from the house.

Women can get their husband (or any other man) arrested very, very easily. A lot of people here would seriously be very surprised how often this stuff happens and how easy it is for a woman to get this shit done.

So, again, it's very possible that Browne's wife is making something up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did make it up.

Sorry for the long message.

I think we need more threads about fights and less threads about shit like this; I think I'm ashamed for even commenting this thread and possibly perpetuating this shitty thread; and finally, I think I'm going to bed.

Then don't click on threads you're not interested in. Pretty simple.

I think that she had pictures but preferred to post them on Twitter than take the wife-beating scumbag to court....

She's an attention whore. Those bruises could be from anything. She could've attacked him, he restrained her forcibly, she retaliated via the typical attention whore method of social media. Maybe it was rough sex - he's a 6ft 7in MMA fighter, Im sure he likes it rough and if she married him, so does she.

Beating? I seriously doubt it. If a 6ft 7in man beats you up, you'd have more to show for it than arm bruising and you'd most certainly get a restraint order/court case in motion to protect your kids.

The same kids you allegedly snatched away from him the day before a big fight and did a runner.

She's a psycho, I guarantee it. She seems intent on ruining him, for some reason (maybe infedility, perhaps) and is doing everything a manipulative psycho would do, to do that - ie - not going to the police but doing everything else in her power to do so.

Both me and my girl have had worse bruising from mere sex.

I'm glad as hell I'm not famous.

its never let me down, ever

I'll wait to see what happens. But imo, her not going to the police is shady as fuck.

Last edited:
Yes, it is very possible that she made this up. You'd be surprised how many women do something to mark their face and body up and then say their husband beat them/constantly abuses them.

If a woman gets someone to bruise her up and make her look beaten, she can get the husband arrested very easily. All she has to do is call them and tell them that her husband just beat the shit out of her and is always abusing her, and the cops will come over and they will very likely arrest you.

I watched a crime case on TV (basically the only stuff I watch because my dad thinks he's a f'n detective or something) and a cop was talking about how they almost always arrest the husband (unless it was somebody else she was talking about) because they have to take it very seriously. They can't take any chances and they have to arrest and remove the husband from the house.

Women can get their husband (or any other man) arrested very, very easily. A lot of people here would seriously be very surprised how often this stuff happens and how easy it is for a woman to get this shit done.

So, again, it's very possible that Browne's wife is making something up. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did make it up.

Sorry for the long message.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I knew it was possible. I just think it's crazy that this stuff happens. That you can be so upset with someone to lie about something so serious.

I'm really curious about this situation because on one hand you have Travis' wife who is very aggressively posting pictures of her bruises and accusing Travis of abusing her. Then the UFC says they do a very serious and thorough investigation of this situation and end up clearing Browne of any wrong doing. It's tough to know who to believe. I would like to believe that the UFC did a good investigation and Browne didn't abuse his wife. But if that's true then what is his wife doing making up all of this? Is it possible that she hates him so much for some other reason to just make up all of the accusations?

What do you think Sherdog? Anyone think they have seen any good facts that support one side over the other?

They did not clear Browne of any wrong doing. They simply found there was no evidence to support he broke the conduct policy

They did not clear Browne of any wrong doing. They simply found there was no evidence to support he broke the conduct policy

And that would mean what?

That means that for now he's cleared of any wrong doing!

Fellow sherdoggers, an FBI guy with 25 years of experience already determined that nothing happened! You guys are just flapping gums!

I don't know shit about the issue right now, but I wouldn't be surprised at any shady shit the UFC pulled to protect the image of Ronda or anyone who's associated with her at this point.

I'm really curious about this situation because on one hand you have Travis' wife who is very aggressively posting pictures of her bruises and accusing Travis of abusing her. Then the UFC says they do a very serious and thorough investigation of this situation and end up clearing Browne of any wrong doing. It's tough to know who to believe. I would like to believe that the UFC did a good investigation and Browne didn't abuse his wife. But if that's true then what is his wife doing making up all of this? Is it possible that she hates him so much for some other reason to just make up all of the accusations?

What do you think Sherdog? Anyone think they have seen any good facts that support one side over the other?

Also his ex wife said he's never done that to her.

Back