Jenna Renne's abuse allegations toward Travis Browne, What do you think?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm really curious about this situation because on one hand you have Travis' wife who is very aggressively posting pictures of her bruises and accusing Travis of abusing her. Then the UFC says they do a very serious and thorough investigation of this situation and end up clearing Browne of any wrong doing. It's tough to know who to believe. I would like to believe that the UFC did a good investigation and Browne didn't abuse his wife. But if that's true then what is his wife doing making up all of this? Is it possible that she hates him so much for some other reason to just make up all of the accusations?

What do you think Sherdog? Anyone think they have seen any good facts that support one side over the other?

I think we need more threads about fights and less threads about shit like this; I think I'm ashamed for even commenting this thread and possibly perpetuating this shitty thread; and finally, I think I'm going to bed.

The UFC are cops now?

No, they just did their own investigation to see if their code of conduct had been broken. I'm not sure what has happened as far as a police investigation yet.

Even though I'd be very wary of siding with a potential abuser; of course it's possible she is doing it for vindictive reasons, and she certainly hasn't helped her case by going public and waiting for the UFC to do something before pressing charges.
Not to mention the burden of proof for a company that has a zero tolerance policy on this sort of thing (for obvious reasons) would be a lot lower than criminal and even civil proceedings, i.e. if there even was a whiff of truth to this, they would have dropped Browne like a hot potato. It's not like he isn't expendable either.

I think we need more threads about fights and less threads about shit like this; I think I'm ashamed for even commenting this thread and possibly perpetuating this shitty thread; and finally, I think I'm going to bed.

Your comment was unneeded. Just don't post if you have no interest in the topic.

I don't trust the UFC one bit. It would not surprise me at all if they just told the 3rd party to back off, in hope of the entire thing flowing away. Or so that the actual state has to put in the work for it now. The entire Ronda x Travis Browne thing probably didn't sit too well with them.

Who cares? But if you must know, Im sure she hates him because she claims him and Ronda are dating.

Well, she did go kind of slow in the beginning not really saying anything, just hinting. And when Travis was cleared she went all out and charged him. Sounds like a plan that didn't work the first time.

Also the Ronda thing, did she really say they're sleeping together or was that just some madeup stuff? If not, well she sounds crazy to me.

where there's smoke there's usually fire as the saying goes. i have no idea to what extent but i highly doubt the situation is fabricated. as far as the ufc looking into and clearing browne, i wouldn't put much stock in that. nfl looked into ray rice's case before all the bs turned up and look how that went. if ronda has any common sense she'll get browne removed from that camp before something else turns up and the media start dragging her into it.

Ts there code of conduct wasnt broken when thiago silva put a gun in his wifes mouth.They knew what he had done they let him back in till he spouted his mouth about how he was innocent or something and his wife released videos of him.

Brownes wife didnt press charges ,they were always going to allow him back.Unless there spouse presses charges or there is video proof they will do nothing.Its just for pr

The problem is that there are no "facts" to discuss. There is nothing concrete to go on other than a photo of herself with some bruises.

There are no medical reports, no police reports, no corroborating witnesses stepping forward, and no court actions like restraining orders or even an application for a restraining order. There isn't even any evidence that the photo itself was taken any time recently, wasn't just self-applied make up, or a really good photoshop job.

It's purely he said/she said at this point. He said/she said conducted through Instagram and Twitter.

IF there was actual abuse, without the presentation of a secret stash of evidence there is virtually no chance that this will go any further.

If there was no abuse, then what's happened is that Browne's wife has stained his reputation, potentially for the rest of his life.

And yes, it is not unusual for people involved in divorces to do very nasty things to each other, especially if there is money, children, or infidelity involved. People don't always divorce on "nice" terms. Divorces are often highly charged, emotional affairs where years of disagreements and disputes can drive participants to do angry and hateful things. Spouses who once loved each other will do things with the sole intention of injuring the other, sometimes without consideration of the impact on friends, family and their children.

As for my personal point of view, I think it's more likely that the accusations are false than them being real. It doesn't mean that there's a zero percent chance, just that there are a LOT of red flags.

-didn't seek medical help from a hospital or doctor
-didn't file a police report or seek a police investigation
-didn't seek a filing for a restraining order to protect her own safety
-didn't seek an injunction to bar him from interacting with children
-didn't seek interviews with major media that would put her "on record"
-said that she didn't want to "damage" his career, but now that the investigation is complete now she wants to go to the police. Criminal charges at this point would severely damage his career.
-no additional witnesses stepping forward to corroborate a history of abuse
-no published records of 911 call logs, police logs, neighbor calls to the authorities, etc
-Browne's previous wife saying that he never abused her and that she didn't believe Browne was capable of such behavior

In the absence of evidence, reports, filings, patterns of previous behavior, corroborative witnesses, and previous family history it's hard for me to reach any conclusion except that Browne's claims of innocence seem a LOT more credible than her accusations of his guilt.

My bad. I thought we were in the UFC fight discussion forum.

and you seriously thought that every thread was only about fights and not stuff going on with the fighters themselves? I'm sorry that you were wrong.

pure speculation: my take is he cheated on her so she's looking for a bit of revenge.
Those bruises don't look like they are made by someone as big as Browne and wife beaters most of the time have a long history of beating women and here she is the only one complaining so far.

Malthian sums it up really well in the post above ^^^

I'm always suspicious when folks go to social media instead of actually reporting crimes to the authorities. At this point, it's all he said/she said bullshiz with a z.

I believe her. Zuffa most likely threatened her to try and make this go away.

The problem is that there are no "facts" to discuss. There is nothing concrete to go on other than a photo of herself with some bruises.

There are no medical reports, no police reports, no corroborating witnesses stepping forward, and no court actions like restraining orders or even an application for a restraining order. There isn't even any evidence that the photo itself was taken any time recently, wasn't just self-applied make up, or a really good photoshop job.

It's purely he said/she said at this point. He said/she said conducted through Instagram and Twitter.

IF there was actual abuse, without the presentation of a secret stash of evidence there is virtually no chance that this will go any further.

If there was no abuse, then what's happened is that Browne's wife has stained his reputation, potentially for the rest of his life.

And yes, it is not unusual for people involved in divorces to do very nasty things to each other, especially if there is money, children, or infidelity involved. People don't always divorce on "nice" terms. Divorces are often highly charged, emotional affairs where years of disagreements and disputes can drive participants to do angry and hateful things. Spouses who once loved each other will do things with the sole intention of injuring the other, sometimes without consideration of the impact on friends, family and their children.

As for my personal point of view, I think it's more likely that the accusations are false than them being real. It doesn't mean that there's a zero percent chance, just that there are a LOT of red flags.

-didn't seek medical help from a hospital or doctor
-didn't file a police report or seek a police investigation
-didn't seek a filing for a restraining order to protect her own safety
-didn't seek an injunction to bar him from interacting with children
-didn't seek interviews with major media that would put her "on record"
-said that she didn't want to "damage" his career, but now that the investigation is complete now she wants to go to the police. Criminal charges at this point would severely damage his career.
-no additional witnesses stepping forward to corroborate a history of abuse
-no published records of 911 call logs, police logs, neighbor calls to the authorities, etc
-Browne's previous wife saying that he never abused her and that she didn't believe Browne was capable of such behavior

In the absence of evidence, reports, filings, patterns of previous behavior, corroborative witnesses, and previous family history it's hard for me to reach any conclusion except that Browne's claims of innocence seem a LOT more credible than her accusations of his guilt.

Being told "Go to the cops and I'll kill you" right after being beaten badly by the person saying this is a powerful deterrent. Not saying that's what happened but I'm offering a plausible alternative. I also doubt she gave the bruises to herself.

But sure from a legal standpoint you're right.

Back