Jeff Mayweather knows who Floyd is gonna fight

I'm not you, Slim.

Espinoza has nothing to gain by saying that the fight isn't signed. If Espinoza were trying to make himself look good, he'd say that Floyd has signed and they just need to get Manny to agree. (sound familiar? you probably don't see it actually) Arum and Pac on the other hand, do benefit by lying to the fans, which is exactly what they are doing right now, and of course your dumb ass eats it all up.

How ironic that you would accuse anybody of lying. Or of being a dumbass.

You are clearly only giving credit to any source or information that supports the idea that Floyd is doing nothing wrong here. We do not have the whole story because a lot of the stuff was going on behind closed doors. You could try not drawing conclusions without the whole story for once in your life. It's better to just wait and see what happens.

Sorry if I am white knighting. Or piggybacking. Or on my high horse. Or what ever other idiotic thing you always accuse people of.

How ironic that you would accuse anybody of lying. Or of being a dumbass.

You are clearly only giving credit to any source or information that supports the idea that Floyd is doing nothing wrong here. We do not have the whole story because a lot of the stuff was going on behind closed doors. You could try not drawing conclusions without the whole story for once in your life. It's better to just wait and see what happens.

Sorry if I am white knighting. Or piggybacking. Or on my high horse. Or what ever other idiotic thing you always accuse people of.

He isn't doing anything wrong. It's not wrong not to agree to a fight for whatever reason - the idea that anyone is morally bound or obligated to fight anyone else in combat if they don't want to is absurd.

(And before someone else responds, no, that's not me "admitting" that Floyd "is ducking Manny," nor am I "defending" Floyd.)

Again, I haven't heard shit from Mayweather about the fight negotiation. I can't form an opinion because he hasn't said a thing.

He isn't doing anything wrong. It's not wrong not to agree to a fight for whatever reason - the idea that anyone is morally bound or obligated to fight anyone else in combat if they don't want to is absurd.

(And before someone else responds, no, that's not me "admitting" that Floyd "is ducking Manny," nor am I "defending" Floyd.)

I would respectfully disagree with you in the case of this fight. I feel like if you say you are the top guy and you are the best then you should want to face the best. I believe that if the consensus second best guy in the world right now is also in your weight class then you do have an obligation to the fans and to your own legacy to face him.

drug testing bodies only use blood tests for EPO and HGH though, everything else they use piss tests for. HGH could definitely be used multiple times two weeks before a fight, since it has a cycle time of two days or so. With that said, HGH is detectable in urine, which Pac agreed to randomly, so it wouldn't make a big difference. EPO is more or less only detectable in blood, but has a cycle time of 42 days or so, so pac would get caught regardless with the drug testing he outlined.

Drug testing bodies need to start using hair and saliva as well as urine and blood

Great post! Unfortunately biochemistry and simple pharmacology goes way over the heads of people around here.

Bottom line: Manny has always agreed to the drug testing, and the two week window was meaningless.

I believe testosterone is also part of the blood testing protocol.

I would respectfully disagree with you in the case of this fight. I feel like if you say you are the top guy and you are the best then you should want to face the best. I believe that if the consensus second best guy in the world right now is also in your weight class then you do have an obligation to the fans and to your own legacy to face him.

I do not think obligation means what you think it means.

No man is obligated to fight anyone if they don't want to. Soldiers are as they've signed up and agreed to follow orders and fight. (Even then you have the moral quandary of "duty versus honour".) Other than that, no - nobody is actually obligated to fight anyone else. Ever. You might not like it as you're a fan and want to see the fight but...that does not an obligation make. It makes a market demand - not an obligation.

I believe testosterone is also part of the blood testing protocol.

You can't successfully cycle off of testosterone within two weeks. Your testosterone levels will be off by fight time, not to mention the aromatase inhibitor drugs that will also show up in the post fight tests that are mandatory with any cycle. Its partly how Chael got caught.

Sugar Shane never got caught that way and was certainly using anabolics and cream and clear.

I do not think obligation means what you think it means.

No man is obligated to fight anyone if they don't want to. Soldiers are as they've signed up and agreed to follow orders and fight. (Even then you have the moral quandary of "duty versus honour".) Other than that, no - nobody is actually obligated to fight anyone else. Ever. You might not like it as you're a fan and want to see the fight but...that does not an obligation make. It makes a market demand - not an obligation.

If he claims to be the best and charge top dollar for his PPV's (which you almost never get your money's worth)? I still gotta disagree with you. He may not be obligated in the same way a soldier is legally obligated to fight but he certainly has a lot to lose from turning this fight down. I can agree to disagree with you on this. I definitely do feel that prizefighters have obligations to their fans and their legacies. Especially when they are at the top and there is a lot of money being spent to go see them or to watch their fights on TV.

If he claims to be the best and charge top dollar for his PPV's (which you almost never get your money's worth)? I still gotta disagree with you. He may not be obligated in the same way a soldier is legally obligated to fight but he certainly has a lot to lose from turning this fight down. I can agree to disagree with you on this. I definitely do feel that prizefighters have obligations to their fans and their legacies. Especially when they are at the top and there is a lot of money being spent to go see them or to watch their fights on TV.
Algieri beat Provodnikov. He's the real deal.

He isn't obligated, period. You're confusing a market demand for an obligation. Fans that bitch about fights not happening like to claim that fighters are "obligated" as it makes the fighter(s) sound worse. But they aren't legally obligated, and there's no moral obligation to put your health on the line if you don't want to. (Again, unless you're duty bound in a role that demands you do so.) Look at the word "prizefighter" - the key is in the name. They fight for money, not for "honour" or "legacy". If those things matter to them then that's down to the individual, but a man who fights for coin is not obligated to fight for coin if he does not want to.

So again - obligation does not mean what you think it means.

He isn't obligated, period. You're confusing a market demand for an obligation. Fans that bitch about fights not happening like to claim that fighters are "obligated" as it makes the fighter(s) sound worse. But they aren't legally obligated, and there's no moral obligation to put your health on the line if you don't want to. (Again, unless you're duty bound in a role that demands you do so.) Look at the word "prizefighter" - the key is in the name. They fight for money, not for "honour" or "legacy". If those things matter to them then that's down to the individual, but a man who fights for coin is not obligated to fight for coin if he does not want to.

So again - obligation does not mean what you think it means.

Not to you, but it does to me. Again, I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this with you.

You should go back to lying your ass off. At least that's fun to watch.

Just pointing out your hypocrisy. I like when you think you're coming out with the big guns without realizing that your criticism applies doubly to your messiah.

Not to you, but it does to me. Again, I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this with you.

Well clearly if you think prizefighters are somehow honour bound, then what can I say, my sweet summer child?

Last edited:
the fight not happening will effect floyd's legacy, but let's be real, the guy already has an incredible legacy.

the interviewer struck me as a bit of an asshole honestly

When its all said and done, he can never be compared to the past greats, hes top 10 if hes lucky.

Back