JDS has short term amnesia after the fight - thought he had lost in rd 2

In a few years time, he won't remember his birthday. Combat sports are unforgiving and they suck. Sometimes I hate myself for being a fan.

Well, 3-8 years of amateur boxing won't hurt anyone. Maybe your face a little if you spar a lot. But you need to know when to quit.

Prof. Combat Sports however is a hell of a drug.

Doctors can recognize brain damage only when it's signficant.
But little brain damage (which can be terrible also) is tough to see.

Yeah I am sure those 2 fights against Cain will take a toll out of Junior.

This. Cain brought me a lot of money last night and I'm a huge Cain fan, so happy for him but at the same time I feel very bad for JDS.

When you have amnesia,don't remember interview with Rogan (that is really scary) and you take that amount of punishment from Cain for 10 rounds there has to be some brain damage.

I think JDS should take a big break, not fight for at least 6 months or even more, recover and keep on checking his health because with Rhabdomyolysis and this amnesia he should take it easy with fighting. Much respect for JDS, he is a warrior with great heart. And shame on his corner, they really should have stop that fight

Yes, I agree with everything you said.
Mad respect for both of these guys.

JDS rarely takes any damage at all in other fights but he has probably taken a few years off his life in the last two fights with Cain. Cain's pressure is his kryptonite. Anybody who stands right in front of JDS throwing hands is in trouble but if you crowd him and bring a lot of offense he finds no answers. Cain is the only HW who can bring that sort of pressure for extended periods of time without gassing. He has the perfect style to beat JDS 8/10 times IMO.

Excellent summary. My thoughts exactly.

Junior's corner should have thrown in the towel. What a crappy camp he has...

Back