JDS has short term amnesia after the fight - thought he had lost in rd 2

Sure. If pitching fastballs as a lead in the clinch, where you then quadruple the offense of the guy you are clinching with for the better part of three rounds is doing nothing....

He could of done a lot more than that. I'm not even hating on Cain, I just don't think he looked amazing, he could have done more imo

WTF are you going on about, when i was younger i was in a collision and i had zero brain injuries but to this day i cant remember any of it

There are numerous reasons a person might not remember something. In your scenario one that comes to mind is psychological repression.

JDS on the other hand, was clearly bludgeoned into concussion, so...yeah.

JDS' last 3 fights have knocked probably 2 years off his fighting career.

Brazilian TV "Globo" reported that after the fight Junior was taken to the hospital and did not remember a good portion of the fight, thinking he had been knocked out in round 2. He also did not remember talking to Joe Rogan after the fight.

The tests ran by the doctors cleared him of any brain injuries or anything else serious.

Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...rte-da-luta-e-afirma-dor-e-so-no-coracao.html

Dang!
He's a true warrior!

Gave his heart and everything he had on this fight!
I am an unconditional fan!

He could of done a lot more than that. I'm not even hating on Cain, I just don't think he looked amazing, he could have done more imo

I don't know how much more you could want a man to do, short of putting himself at risk for counter opportunities...

The guy landed about 170 strikes in the first three rounds, and essentially finished the fight there(had Herb not fucked about with his "will I, won't I?" shit).

You say you aren't hating, and if that is the case, then you are certainly expecting way too much from your fighters, imo.

There are numerous reasons a person might not remember something. In your scenario one that comes to mind is psychological repression.

JDS on the other hand, was clearly bludgeoned into concussion, so...yeah.

Yeah it could of been...could also have been due to the fact that i also took a lot of damage.

You're silly to think that someone can't take damage without it being permanent to get amnesia!

Many people get temporary amnesia due to some form of impact

I don't care what those quacks say. If you can't remember an entire chunk of a fight you were just in, you got brain damage

Brazilian TV "Globo" reported that after the fight Junior was taken to the hospital and did not remember a good portion of the fight, thinking he had been knocked out in round 2. He also did not remember talking to Joe Rogan after the fight.

The tests ran by the doctors cleared him of any brain injuries or anything else serious.

Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...rte-da-luta-e-afirma-dor-e-so-no-coracao.html

Not surprising at all he doesn't remember after the 2nd because he took a tremendous beating last night and hopefully there is no permanent brain damage.

JDS rarely takes any damage at all in other fights but he has probably taken a few years off his life in the last two fights with Cain. Cain's pressure is his kryptonite. Anybody who stands right in front of JDS throwing hands is in trouble but if you crowd him and bring a lot of offense he finds no answers. Cain is the only HW who can bring that sort of pressure for extended periods of time without gassing. He has the perfect style to beat JDS 8/10 times IMO.

JDS' kryptonite is poor fight IQ. I respect that he wants to train with the guys at home who he has loyalty to. You should reward the guys that train you from the start. Sometimes though you have to realize that the things you need to improve on cant be improved by your camp and find another camp to work with a particular fight. I don't know how much time he spent with the Nog camp(was not shown at all in Primetime/Countdown).

JDS got beat pretty badly by Cain. The fight could have been significantly closer. JDS consistently backed himself in the cage and showed no ability to circle out. He let his hands go down and took unwarranted shots. He threw a lot of flailing punches.

He wouldn't even have to go to one of the big camps like ATT or Jacksons either. I think JDS could have really benefited from a fight camp at a place like The Pit and Hackelman. If JDS would have been circling away from the cage and been more calculated on the punches, the fight could have gone very differently. The feel I had were his local guys blew a lot of hot smoke up his ass and didn't give him very good advice that he bought into.

I bet this is just BS from Globo

Damn, Cain won me money yesterday, but I really feel bad for JDS.

I hope he recovers well. The guy is a warrior.

Yeah it could of been...could also have been due to the fact that i also took a lot of damage.

You're silly to think that someone can't take damage without it being permanent to get amnesia!

Many people get temporary amnesia due to some form of impact

:icon_neut

"WTF are you going on about, when i was younger i was in a collision and i had zero brain injuries but to this day i cant remember any of it"

So you did sustain a brain injury? Or you didn't? Which is it, exactly?

You sure it wasn't permanent?

I don't know how much more you could want a man to do, short of putting himself at risk for counter opportunities...

The guy landed about 170 strikes in the first three rounds, and essentially finished the fight there(had Herb not fucked about with his "will I, won't I?" shit).

You say you aren't hating, and if that is the case, then you are certainly expecting way too much from your fighters, imo.

I'm not denying that he whooped him I'm just saying in the first two rounds he clinched a lot, as where he could've stood and picked his shots a little more. When he rocked him I think if he would've stayed standing and picked his shots, it would've been done quicker. I think he could've taken care of business faster if he had changed his gameplan a little during the fight

How do you have amnesia, but no brain damage? Especially after a beating like that, it just doesn't make any sense.

JDS' kryptonite is poor fight IQ. I respect that he wants to train with the guys at home who he has loyalty to. You should reward the guys that train you from the start. Sometimes though you have to realize that the things you need to improve on cant be improved by your camp and find another camp to work with a particular fight. I don't know how much time he spent with the Nog camp(was not shown at all in Primetime/Countdown).

JDS got beat pretty badly by Cain. The fight could have been significantly closer. JDS consistently backed himself in the cage and showed no ability to circle out. He let his hands go down and took unwarranted shots. He threw a lot of flailing punches.

He wouldn't even have to go to one of the big camps like ATT or Jacksons either. I think JDS could have really benefited from a fight camp at a place like The Pit and Hackelman. If JDS would have been circling away from the cage and been more calculated on the punches, the fight could have gone very differently. The feel I had were his local guys blew a lot of hot smoke up his ass and didn't give him very good advice that he bought into.
Some Brazilians have this attitude, they are too loyal to something and wasted their talent. What helped them in the earlier stage harmed them in the later

Guys like Machida, JDS, they are actually very talented but they refuse to learn and to change, and refuse to accept the reality. Hell, JDS thought he could beat Klitschkos, who is his boxing coach? Being confident and delusional are light years apart

Damn, Cain won me money yesterday, but I really feel bad for JDS.

I hope he recovers well. The guy is a warrior.

This. Cain brought me a lot of money last night and I'm a huge Cain fan, so happy for him but at the same time I feel very bad for JDS.

When you have amnesia,don't remember interview with Rogan (that is really scary) and you take that amount of punishment from Cain for 10 rounds there has to be some brain damage.

I think JDS should take a big break, not fight for at least 6 months or even more, recover and keep on checking his health because with Rhabdomyolysis and this amnesia he should take it easy with fighting. Much respect for JDS, he is a warrior with great heart. And shame on his corner, they really should have stop that fight

I don't care what those quacks say. If you can't remember an entire chunk of a fight you were just in, you got brain damage

To be fair, it's impossible to remember everything that happens to you in a fight. Time is a funny thing in a fight because it slows down, and yet there are portions you can't remember at all, even right after.

But what happened to JDS sounds extreme. And entire 15+ minutes of the fight that he can't remember? Wow.

JDS is a warrior. Dana was right, he's too damn tough for his own good. Much respect to him and hope he recovers quick.

Back