JDS has short term amnesia after the fight - thought he had lost in rd 2

How do you have amnesia, but no brain damage? Especially after a beating like that, it just doesn't make any sense.

It is from brain damage, it's just that things like concussions often don't show up on scans. Looked to me like he was concussed in round 3 and was allowed to keep fighting on autopilot.

I don't know how much more you could want a man to do, short of putting himself at risk for counter opportunities...

The guy landed about 170 strikes in the first three rounds, and essentially finished the fight there(had Herb not fucked about with his "will I, won't I?" shit).

You say you aren't hating, and if that is the case, then you are certainly expecting way too much from your fighters, imo.
Yeah, BUT...!!

Going 5 rounds with Cain is never good for one's brain cells.

Suffered some unnecessary damage as Brown Pride should have finished him in round 3.

I thought this aswell, but then in the 4th JDS swung really fucking hard a few times and in that sense it was alot safer for Cain to just punch and clinch. I think if anything JDS corner should have thrown the towel.

That was some pretty brutal "stalling", amirite JDS fans?

:icon_neut

"WTF are you going on about, when i was younger i was in a collision and i had zero brain injuries but to this day i cant remember any of it"

So you did sustain a brain injury? Or you didn't? Which is it, exactly?

You sure it wasn't permanent?

And holy shit that was funny haha

I thought this aswell, but then in the 4th JDS swung really fucking hard a few times and in that sense it was alot safer for Cain to just punch and clinch. I think if anything JDS corner should have thrown the towel.

I'm glad they didn't because knowing them they would have blamed it on a mouse climbing up their pants leading to an accidental throwing in of the towel.

Fighting Cain Velasquez is hazardous to your health.

Yup he really should have. It's funny because my friend defends Cain clinching, even when he had jds hurt, but shits on carlos all day for the way he fought Diaz.

jds was way more beat up and cain finished the fight.

If you can't see the difference, I feel bad for your friend having to put up with you.

Maan, I hope it's nothing permament. I'm not a doctor, so this soundс serious to me, maybe more than it really is. It's easy for us fans to cheer for tough fighters like JDS, but is it really worth it for him? I think not. Meanwhile you've got Joe Rogan, who I usually enjoy listening to, calls a fuckin' brawl where Sanchez ate god knows how many big shots the greatest fight ever. Taking too much punishment is never good. I don't care how many times you can say "heart".

I get the feeling that the amnesia is actually from his head slamming the mat at the end. It looked like it fucked him up more than any of the punches.

The beatings Cain put on him are dangerous for the body, hope Junior recovers quickly

Doctors can recognize brain damage only when it's signficant.
But little brain damage (which can be terrible also) is tough to see.

The beatings Cain put on him are dangerous for the body, hope Junior recovers quickly

I don't think you can ever be 100% the same after such beating. Keep in mind, it's the second time that Cain beat the shit out of Junior Dos Santos.

In a few years time, he won't remember his birthday. Combat sports are unforgiving and they suck. Sometimes I hate myself for being a fan.

Back