JDS got 260 000 against Stipe and he says he's a poor guy??

Food is cheap in Brazil, but anything imported (like clothes, cars, electronics) costs almost twice as much in Brazil. Cheap homes are easy to come by in Brazil, but the higher end ones are as expensive as in the US or Europe.

ufc/mma pay still SO fking behind...if JDS (long time vet, former HW champ, perennial top 10) is not even wealthy, that just sucks. This sport with its current pay structure and revenue share will never attract top athletic talents and will stay as a sideshow.

Lol at people suggesting a top athlete should be happy living on 75k a year.

Textbook example of a zuffa zombie.

Seriously, sherdog is full of them.. really sad for the sport and all participants involved. these shills are so emotionally invested in DW/zuffa that is almost cult like. They will discredit, trash/bash anyone that stands up or speak up against the ufc.

They could care less about the fighters or the sport's development. As long as Dana can still gamble 7 figures and tips 6 figures at one sitting, owns fleet of super cars and making snow on vegas driveway, the zombies/shills are happy lol.

Fighters = sport, but to them, fighters should fight for free as the honor to be on the ufc stage itself is enough of reward. Meanwhile DW is now worth north of 200 mil (coming from nothing) and made all from this "infancy sport". Took Don King and Arum DECADES of fight promotion (and they promoted some mega fights) and fighters exploitations to even come close to DW LOL

Its like 8 times what i make a year and i probably am doing better than most of my friends

You re not a top 5 world heavyweight fighter ...

I have never understood the old "I earn this much, fighters shouldn't be comlaining" ... these are professional sports athletes!!

Wayne Rooney earns 300,000 GBP a f**king WEEK

That is actually terrible pay for a Former HW Champ that is ranked 2 and always brings a war.

except he's not the best in the world.

and that is a retarded assessment of wealth distribution. if i'm the best grave digger in the world, should i get paid a 10 times more than a doctor?

people should be paid by how important their job is, not by how good they are at whatever mediocre job they work.

being the best fighter in the world doesn't really mean shit in the real world. the skills they possess doesn't translate to anything that helps society thrive. it's entertainment, and entertainment is only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it.

Actually, He IS clearly ONE OF the best Heavyweight fighters in the world. He is a former champion and on a given night can beat ANYONE and proved that against Cain in their first fight.

Dana and the UFC cream all of the profits from their fighters' hard work.

Those numbers are just DISCLOSED pay...we go over this every time. It doesn't include PPV money, which he def gets, and locker room bonuses.....Guys like Tito, Randy, Chuck, were perfect examples, showing 500k in disclosed pay but clearing 1.5 mil per fight

I'd love to get paid $120,000 for working 3 days a week

A training camp is like 8 weeks at LEAST of intense training, staying in shape of an athlete to compete at the HIGHEST level.

"ZOMG he makes 350,000 dollars for 15 mins!!!!" ... moron.

Wow you guys are hilarious.

Sure, it's just as easy to be a fighter like Dos Santos than it is to become a fireman. I mean geez, there's about 3-4 fighters on Dos Santos' level in the whole UFC, and there's what? several million firemen?

The top 0.1% of the sport should be paid their worth.

Stop, get out of here with that common sense!

JDS should be lucky because he earns a little more than some middle-aged, loser on Sherdog.

Zuffa zombies doesn't care for the fighters but LOVE (some cases worship) the promoter. Only sport in the world where a promoter/commissioner/owners are more popular than the athletes themselves ROFL.

Serious if the ufc announce tmrw that fighters now should fight for free as ufc provides them with a great stage and its a honor to step into the octagon...most of the shills would agree as well. Many of them will again make their best effort to justify ufc's decisions and actions as they do with every issue. LOL

cigano-astonmartin.jpg

The guy trains at his local gym in his country.Doesn't bring in anyone.

Makes at :
UFC 155 :400 000

UFC 160 :240 000

UFC 166:130 000

UFC Fight night : 260 000

without even counting the extra bonuses and the money he makes being the "Rogan" in brazil in UFC events and complains about his salary saying he barely has money to buy food?

WTF??

Source thx to Grinding Anarchy:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-on...junior-dos-santos-really-fears-201150807.html

"It's been very, very tough [without a paycheck]," dos Santos said. "Thank God I have very good sponsors by my side because if I didn't have those sponsors, I don't know what I would do to live.

Maybe I'd have had to sell my own house to pay my bills and buy my food. It's so tough to do."

He didn't really complain about the salary,but said he's basically poor with what he gets from the UFC.

With taxes and expenses, 250,000 for being one of the best fighters on the f**king planet ... ain't that much.

Professional athletes in other sports would scoff at that chicken feed of a salary.

Looks like an Aston Martin? Good for him. This should be normal for someone being one of the best fighters in the f**king planet.

The car is not even his. He borrowed it while he was in san diego early 2013.

lol what a joke ...

But no,

Typical sherdogger : Well, I drive a f**king Honda Accord and I am a computer systems engineer, I work hard 9-5, whilst JDS only fights for 15 minutes ... he should be driving the same car as me!!

yup, and they love to compare these pro athletes to people working at mcdonalds and Walmart but NEVER to other pro sport athletes ROFL.

It's the cost of all the plastic surgery required to fix the damage Cain did.. Oh and his gypsy lifestyle and gypsy wife hahe

to those that think fighters make enough or too much...who do you think the money should go to? the billionaire owners and dana white?

awesome

Back