JDS got 260 000 against Stipe and he says he's a poor guy??

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The guy trains at his local gym in his country.Doesn't bring in anyone.

Makes at :
UFC 155 :400 000

UFC 160 :240 000

UFC 166:130 000

UFC Fight night : 260 000

without even counting the extra bonuses and the money he makes being the "Rogan" in brazil in UFC events and complains about his salary saying he barely has money to buy food?

WTF??

Source thx to Grinding Anarchy:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-on...junior-dos-santos-really-fears-201150807.html

"It's been very, very tough [without a paycheck]," dos Santos said. "Thank God I have very good sponsors by my side because if I didn't have those sponsors, I don't know what I would do to live.

Maybe I'd have had to sell my own house to pay my bills and buy my food. It's so tough to do."

He didn't really complain about the salary,but said he's basically poor with what he gets from the UFC.

Last edited:
The guy trains at his local gym in his country.Doesn't bring in anyone.

Makes at :
UFC 155 :400 000

UFC 160 :240 000

UFC 166:130 000

UFC Fight night : 260 000

without even counting the extra bonuses and the money he makes being the "Rogan" in brazil in UFC events and complains about his salary saying he barely has money to buy food?

WTF??

maybe it was 260,000 real, not dollars lol

Where did he say he's poor?

That's not much money. It's not like he fights every month.

That's only a little over 1million in the last 2ish years. After tax and expenses that's only like 200k or something. But for real its like nick saying he's broke immediately after the GSP fight where he easily made over a million.

He hadn't fought in over a year, needed to pay for his gym, surgery, medicals before Stipe, and had money taken away from his paycheck before he made it to Brazil.

His disclosed pay was $260,000. He lost 30% of that to the IRS.

He hadn't fought in over a year, needed to pay for his gym, surgery, medicals before Stipe, and had money taken away from his paycheck before he made it to Brazil.

This is also true. Still I'm wondering if I missed an interview somewhere.

TS, post source please.

Source for him complaining about money, please. I never read that.
He was poor before getting in the UFC. You might be confusing things.

Also, he does bring people for his training camp. There is a russian he brings for wrestling training. I don't remember his name.

That's not much money. It's not like he fights every month.

How many years do you think it takes an avg person to earn a million dollars...

Everybody pays taxes, you dummy. GTFO with that BS.

Sure JDS is being taken care of just fine...don't think he has to worry about money unless he's blowing his paychecks on hookers, coke, and rehab.

I did hear brazil taxes purses like %50

That's only a little over 1million in the last 2ish years. After tax and expenses that's only like 200k or something. But for real its like nick saying he's broke immediately after the GSP fight where he easily made over a million.

He made more than a million in 2 years.He makes other stuff and goes in a lot of shows in brazil where he gets money only for being there.

I get it when you make 6 k two times a year that you have trouble living with it.

But in JDS's case i don't get it.

JDS is a ppv points earner! Don't cry for him Argentina.

Back