JDS got 260 000 against Stipe and he says he's a poor guy??

So the zuffa zombies are complaining cause JDS makes too much money for fighting but they celebrate Dana for making tens of millions every year for being so a glorified liar. Typical.

That's not much money. It's not like he fights every month.

Thats plenty of money for at least 2 years and furthermore he lives in brazil where that money goes much farther

you think he is going to make a million and still live in a 1bedroom apartment? when you start making more money, you generally (97% of the time) upgrade your spending and situation. so he starts making good pay checks, fights 2-3 times a year, then goes 14 months without fighting, that's a big deal.. when people plan for raining days. they say to generally save 3-6 months worth for a raining day, this guys spending habits go up, and he is out for 14 months, that's a lot

TS is a buffoon.

Every person lives according to what they make.

The problem with a fighter is that he does not get paid if he does not fight.
So being out for too long, OBVIOUSLY put him in a hard spot to maintain the living standards he acquired while he was active.

what kind of pro fighter would do that???

JonJones_pointing.jpg

How many years do you think it takes an avg person to earn a million dollars...

Everybody pays taxes, you dummy. GTFO with that BS.

Sure JDS is being taken care of just fine...don't think he has to worry about money unless he's blowing his paychecks on hookers, coke, and rehab.

agreed. apparently everyone on sherdog is a doctor or a lawyer because 1 mill a year is a lot.....it'll probably take your average working person 15yrs to make that

and it is true firemen and police officers and guys who typically do dangerous don't get paid anything close to that...ufc fighters are reading about Mayweather and Kobe too much apparently they think if they don't have a hundred dollar bill to wipe their ass after a shit or to light there cigarette with they broke

Its like 8 times what i make a year and i probably am doing better than most of my friends

This is basically what I was thinking.

I need 8-9 years to make that money and I pay taxes too.

And he gets PPV cuts for a couple of those AND sponsor money.

There's no way he can be out of money unless he's blowing it on stupid stuff.

Taxes take 40%.

Training Costs.

Living Expenses.

Hoes.

= BROKE!

Lol at people suggesting a top athlete should be happy living on 75k a year.

Textbook example of a zuffa zombie.

Its like 8 times what i make a year and i probably am doing better than most of my friends
You are not one of the best in the world to do what you do but he is. He is special, you are not. IF you are the best at what you do in the world then you should be rich. Plain and simple.

Lol at people suggesting a top athlete should be happy living on 75k a year.

Textbook example of a zuffa zombie.

lol @ top athlete. D level athlete, more like.

But yes, Zuffa employees other than D. White see very little of the millions Zuffa makes. That's monopoly power for you.

taxed in the USA?

taxed in Brazil? (not sure)

training camp or gym fee (some brazilian gyms had fees from 20% up to 50%, you train and stay for free but money goes out of your purse every time you fight), that's why so many people left to BTT and Chute Boxe back in the days... training camp can easily be 75k which in Junior's case would surprise me since he doesn't bring many outside guys.

second cornerman

surgeries and medical bills

in 14 months, that money flies....

Took a salary hit as soon as he lost the title.. That sucks..

fighters have to retire early--they're fighters. plus a well known, former champ like JDS draws a ton of money. someone of his stature would be paid millions in boxing. just because average joe make a lot less, doesnt mean that jds shouldnt make a lot more.

What the fuck is this shit?
The problem is lifestyle. If course you would have to sell your house and go bankrupt.

If they continued living like they used to they would be rich.

They start buying cars, having mistresses all over the place, spending money lavishly instead of having a normal lifestyle.. I'm not saying don't live well. Spend on everything important, enjoy.
Don't go crazy. 😕

You are not one of the best in the world to do what you do but he is. He is special, you are not. IF you are the best at what you do in the world then you should be rich. Plain and simple.

except he's not the best in the world.

and that is a retarded assessment of wealth distribution. if i'm the best grave digger in the world, should i get paid a 10 times more than a doctor?

people should be paid by how important their job is, not by how good they are at whatever mediocre job they work.

being the best fighter in the world doesn't really mean shit in the real world. the skills they possess doesn't translate to anything that helps society thrive. it's entertainment, and entertainment is only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it.

Back